Why do people say xBox is better when PS4 is?

Aleksbgbg

Probably because they have xboxes and are children

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Its like talking about your favorite football team...

I like the Giants. I say theyre better than the Pats. Are they? Not really... But to me they are (plus we beat em twice in a row in the Super Bowl ggrekt).

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They're both junk.

The eve of Pascal and Polaris is upon us!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

23 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

I am a PC gamer...

All I hear in school is how xbox is so much better than PS4, when it isn't statistically - PS4 has better graphics right? In terms of GPU shaders.... it also has better and more RAM, etc.

Am I missing something? x(

im a pc gamer to and people at my school say the xbox has better graphics then my pc has. even tho i play bf4 all ultra 100+fps. does the xbox have better graphics? i have a 4670k and GTX 980

7 minutes ago, Aytex said:

fuck that Gameboy is best console

where does homebrew fit in this?

d39d569741.jpg

As someone who prefers Sony's consoles over the competitions, I maintain a position that whatever you play on is fair game for both criticism and praise.

Personally, I will always get Sony's systems, since the games on those systems are the ones I play the most, but I see why others would buy other systems.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is the fanboy wars are bollocks and need to stop.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Just now, daniellearmouth said:

As someone who prefers Sony's consoles over the competitions, I maintain a position that whatever you play on is fair game for both criticism and praise.

Personally, I will always get Sony's systems, since the games on those systems are the ones I play the most, but I see why others would buy other systems.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is the fanboy wars are bollocks and need to stop.

no thanks

pc mustard reich shall prevail

1 minute ago, daniellearmouth said:

i liked my PS2 until i realised that my low power home server can emulate the games more reliably than the console itself can play them...

22 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

My friends say their xbox does the max fps which exists - 60.

My friends are idiots.

Ha ha, couldnt agree more. My friends are all console lovers and I hate it cuz I cant have a good proper chat about how much fps they get with their system in certain games. Also, I think star wars battlefront is at 60 fps. Dont quote me on that though

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

15 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Either way, Wii U = best console now!

Agreed. It's really fun, plus I got both my Wii U and my server going to my TV, so I can use the Wii U as a remote to switch inputs when I want to play with my server :) 

Just now, Aytex said:

no thanks

pc mustard reich shall prevail

Sorry, but:

1. the PC Master Race thing is starting to get on my nerves now. It started out as a joke but now it's getting flatout annoying to me, and

2. I will maintain an on the fence opinion towards consoles and PC. I play a lot of games on either, so I have no reason to favour one kind of thing over the other.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i liked my PS2 until i realised that my low power home server can emulate the games more reliably than the console itself can play them...

I still have my PS2. Both of them, in fact. One of them has a knackered laser in it.

I play the one that works a fair bit, though, as a means of catching up on any RPGs I've missed. Probably gonna chip it so I can play the Japanese games I have like Katamari Damacy...

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

1 minute ago, daniellearmouth said:

Sorry, but:

1. the PC Master Race thing is starting to get on my nerves now. It started out as a joke but now it's getting flatout annoying to me, and

2. I will maintain an on the fence opinion towards consoles and PC. I play a lot of games on either, so I have no reason to favour one kind of thing over the other.

I still have my PS2. Both of them, in fact. One of them has a knackered laser in it.

I play the one that works a fair bit, though, as a means of catching up on any RPGs I've missed. Probably gonna chip it so I can play the Japanese games I have like Katamari Damacy...

suit yourself :)

42 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

I am a PC gamer...

All I hear in school is how xbox is so much better than PS4, when it isn't statistically - PS4 has better graphics right? In terms of GPU shaders.... it also has better and more RAM, etc.

PS4 is 15% better than the XBone

13 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Also, I think star wars battlefront is at 60 fps.

You're correct, though it does drop to 30 FPS in split-screen. I believe it runs at 720p and 60 FPS on the Xbox One normally, though apparently it has some issues with choppy frame delivery.

It's not the norm, but there are a fair number of games that do have a 60 FPS cap on the Xbox One and PS4. It just depends on what the developer managed to accomplish and what they prioritized. Nearly all of the Wii U exclusives, at least the first-party ones, run at 1080p 60 FPS.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

You're correct, though it does drop to 30 FPS in split-screen. I believe it runs at 720p and 60 FPS on the Xbox One normally, though apparently it has some issues with choppy frame delivery.

It's not the norm, but there are a fair number of games that do have a 60 FPS cap on the Xbox One and PS4. Nearly all of the Wii U exclusives, at least the first-party ones, run at 1080p 60 FPS.

Wow, thanks dude. It is just that my brother is an xbox one guy and he has a few games. Destiny, Battlefront and halo stuff are his most played. However, I can really see a difference between destiny because Im sure it is at 30 fps whereas battlefront looks smooth (I dont think it has choppy frame delivery). I played bettlefront on my PC though and it kicks ass for £50 more than his puny console. :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

32 minutes ago, Aytex said:

fuck that Gameboy is best console

Bitch please! That is not even a console :D

And GameCube = best console evarrr. It can even play GameBoy (and color and Advance) games!

16 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Agreed. It's really fun, plus I got both my Wii U and my server going to my TV, so I can use the Wii U as a remote to switch inputs when I want to play with my server :) 

Nice!
I'm 2poor2afford a Wii U, but it really is an awesome console with a great game line-up

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

57 minutes ago, Aleksbgbg said:

I am a PC gamer...

Question , Are you a 12 year old or a 35 year old man child who argues PC is better than consoles and go on forums ( such as this one ) and calls people who just play games in there consoles as console peasants ? 

Personally , If it wasn't for the original Xbox , I would not be into gaming at all. Let them argue and hell , Even there argument is stupid just like this one.

Never disss the console gamers nor the PC gamers. Consoles are there for just playing games and end of story, Some people dont want the headache of building a pc or dont have the time for such a commitment. PC is for that one person who wants to '' level up there game '' as they say and can take the massive headache that comes with a PC construction.

And here is another note that i would like to argue :

Product wars are stupid unless you can give a intelligent constructive criticism ( wich btw , Your not doing as of now ) .

Comparing the Xbox one and the PS4 is like comparing a red apple vs a green apple. its an apple , End of story.

These fan boy wars and most of these self entitled ''PC master race '' pricks like to suck there own ***** for ***** sake man. 

Im sick of this bullshit and sick of the console wars and pc master race bullshit.

(⌐■_■) 

A person might prefer a console over another by its features as well. Stop thinking that graphics is all that matters. There is a bunch of thongs the XBox One does over the PS4.

As for Ram, the XBox One RAM helps the CPU

CPUs loves low latency. The PS4 has RAM that favor the GPU. GPUs love high bandwidth.

PS4 is focuses on doing 1 thing, and that is gaming

The XBox One focuses on being an entertainment system, with a focus on communication.

Then you have the controller which is up to personal preferences.

Back in the day Dreamcast was hot shit, i would have a fight with lads in school over it lol vs the XBOX and PS2.. then my dad sold the DC to recoup some cost and got a PS2... awesome machine..

The thing is graphics do not make games and never will, they do help, but us PC gamer's have a lot of choice as to what we can do with games, like if i were to be playing skyrim on PS3 i would love it all the same as i do on the PC, as it's the experience i am getting from it.

The PC version... you can mod it so we mostly overthink graphics because the option is there.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

I have xbone and ps4, and they're both great, but I get a lot more use out the xbone. There are a lot of things to consider between the two of them: exclusives, controller and accessories being the ones I think are most important. 

Both controllers are actually fantastic. I prefer the Xbox controller overall, but I love the motion controls and speaker on the dualshock 4. 

A lot of the exclusives on both consoles are great, and the exclusives are the whole reason that I bought the PS4 in the first place. Playstation seems to get more horror games, which is one of the reasons I wanted one. But I love Deadrising so I bought the xbone first. 

My main experience with the accessories would be the cameras. My Xbox came with the Kinect, and I picked up a Playstation Camera for ~$50CAD. I gotta say, the Kinect flat out destroys the PS Camera. I've heard people say they have really hit or miss experiences with Kinect, but mine has always been great. Meanwhile, the PS Camera has a hard time picking up my face (and still requires me to have the controller turned on to sign in and do anything) while the Kinect lets me, say, sign in and start Plex or Kinect-enabled games and just do whatever without turning on the controller. The PS Camera barely has any voice commands, and half of them just don't work properly. The only plus side to having it is that I can use Playroom (the air hockey-esque mini game is pretty fun to play with my younger siblings, and my 6yr old sister loves the little robot games) and it's required for the VR Sony is putting out later this year. 

You also need to think about storage: The PS4 lets you change the hard drive, but you have to start fresh if you do that (saves can be stored in the cloud or on USB, though) and doesn't support external storage. The Xbox has a non removable 500GB drive, but supports USB hard drives, USB3.0/256GB+. 

My TV has a 39" 1080p panel, and I sit at least 10' back when I'm playing. I really don't notice any difference in graphics quality, and I don't really experience any frame rate glitches. I don't have a gaming PC but I have a "gaming laptop," I play lots of games on it, but I also use it for "computer" stuff (the important things, like browsing 4chan all day, photoshop, etc) and I find it nice to have a console to game on when my laptop is busy with other stuff. 

On 3/24/2016 at 0:25 PM, I need a better name said:

Who says that Xbone is better? i've heard people fanboying over both, but i feel that most people prefer the PS4 (it has higher sales)

In Europe and Asian markets for sure Sony dominates, in NA Xbox/PS is about 45/55, last I checked. I think a big part of that is the things beyond gaming that make Xbox good are limited to use in NA.

Even Canada gets the shaft on some stuff. 

Outside of NA, it's 2 game consoles and one has slightly better graphics and is cheaper so it make sense to buy the PS4

Personally I prefer Xbox because it's what my friends have, Forza is also my all time favorite game, and I use the one guide, voice control etc. everyday.

I have a PS3 and plan to get a PS4, maybe the new PS4K or what ever but slightly better graphics haven't sold me, especially given the i7-6700k and GTX 980 sitting beside me.

The other main reason buy PS4 is exclusives. Sony has locked down quite a few great titles. 

On 3/24/2016 at 0:23 PM, Aleksbgbg said:

IMO PS4 looks better, is better, feels better (? xD), is smaller (so better), doens't have a power brick (so is better), ...

I realize it's your opinion but I 100% disagree with you on all counts. I think the Xbox looks better, the size is similar to the rest of the equipment in my TV stand so it doesn't look out of place. The power brick and size keep the heat down and stop it from sounding like a harrier jet like the PS4 does. Elite controller has to have the best feel in gaming. Graphics and what not you are literally splitting hairs, factor in an average North American TV size of 40" and viewing distance of 10' the difference between 1080p and 900p is impossible to spot. Not to say many TV's and viewing distances don't require 1080p but on average they don't.

Bottom line is there is no best console, it's all subjective. I prefer Xbox, in a console conversation people generally assume you hate PS if you say that.

Personal preference

That's pretty much it -_-....They beat each other in certain areas and both are good in certain different areas 

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

it comes down to what your friends have. its all well and good sitting there telling your mates how your ps4 is getting 60fps or 1080p while theyre all having a laugh in party chat playing gta together on xbox live and you're the only one in the group on psn. i choose console gaming over pc gaming at times because i dont know as many people playing on pc. 

I can't stress enough how bad the Xbone actually is in terms of overall hardware design (I was one of the idiots who bought one, rectified it by selling it a few months later). It's huge compared to a PS4 which has more power and an internal PSU (wtf were they thinking), there's no way to swap out the internal HDD for a bigger one - you have to go for an external USB 3.0 solution. It's underpowered, nor are there any good exclusives (most of their stuff comes to PC anyway where you can play it in a higher resolution & a better framerate),  there's no option to make it stand vertically... they made zero progress since the Xbox 360 S.

The only real reason to go for the Xbone is if your friends were dumb enough to get one in the first place.

144Hz goodness

15 hours ago, ivhyn said:

I can't stress enough how bad the Xbone actually is in terms of overall hardware design (I was one of the idiots who bought one, rectified it by selling it a few months later). It's huge compared to a PS4 which has more power and an internal PSU (wtf were they thinking), there's no way to swap out the internal HDD for a bigger one - you have to go for an external USB 3.0 solution. It's underpowered, nor are there any good exclusives (most of their stuff comes to PC anyway where you can play it in a higher resolution & a better framerate),  there's no option to make it stand vertically... they made zero progress since the Xbox 360 S.

The only real reason to go for the Xbone is if your friends were dumb enough to get one in the first place.

Except the tiny ps4 sounds like a jet, it's 10db louder than the xbox one under full load. I prefer the external drive as I can take it on the go. Plus not limited to a small 2.5" drive that is a PITA to change.You are also limited to a single hard drive.

So while your opinion may be valid to you, others may not agree.