Good Boom/Mic Arm for Blue Yeti?

iNoa97

So I currently have the Blue Yeti as my microphone and I hate how it picks up vibrations so I want to get a mic arm with a shock mount. But the thing about the blue yeti is it weighs 1.2 lbs which is pretty heavy for a microphone. I was looking at this arm  http://amzn.to/19GMtqB  which I've heard good reviews about but i'm afraid it's too heavy, the description says its not for the blue yeti but at the bottom at questions customers are saying it did fit it but to be careful about the weight of it. If you knw of any other good cheap mic arms that will be able to fit and support the blue yeti I'd like to know. And also the RODE PSA1 is my last resort if i cant find anything because of its price

Ariana Grande's Leaked Nudes!!!111!11!

Spoiler

Ayyyyyy

Gaming Rig:     CPU:  i5-4690k  Cooler:  H80i  Mobo:  MSI z97 PC MATE  RAM:  16gb Fury White  Storage:  1TB WD + 120gb Fury SSD  GPU:  GTX 970  Case:  NZXT S340  PSU:  NEX 650W  Keyboard:  K65 RGB  Mouse:  Mionix Naos 7000  Headphones:  ATH-M50x  Monitor:  2x VN248h-P + 1x MG248q  Setup Photo:  (To come)

RØDE PSA-1 is the best boom arm around, it fits the Yeti fine. (Although if you want a shock mount for the yeti you may be hard pressed to find a radius-2 shock mount if you live anywhere but the US)

It's a little pricy at $100 but generally you shouldn't be cheaping out on a mic stand anyway just because if it breaks then not only will you need a new arm, you may need a new microphone altogether.

Hi! I'm Josh. You'll most likely find me browsing audio, GPU's or occasionally something else.

I'm a cinematographer - I've done work for loads of people including politicians like Gordon Brown, David Cameron and more!

Render Machine - Work Machine

• Fully Spec'd Mac Pro (12-Core, Dual 6GB D700s, 64GB RAM) (£7779)
  • Monitor: 1x Sony 4K OLED Critical reference display, 2 x Apple Thunderbolt Display (2560x1600) (WAITING ON 4K / 5K Thunderbolt Display <333)

Laptop - Daily Driver

• Fully Spec'd MacBook Pro (4-Core i7, R9 M370X, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD) (£1999)

Windows Machine / Hackintosh - Personal Rig

• Intel Core  i7 3770k Water-cooled @ 5.4 GHz (been going for 2+ years)
  • Corsair H80i (with SP120's)
  • EVGA SC+ ACX2.0 nvidia GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 GPU Overclocked slightly.
  • 16GB HyperX Fury Black 1866MHz DDR3 2x8
  • MSI Z77 MPower ATX Socket-LGA1155 Mb
  • 2 x Dell UP2715K 5120x2880 IPS monitors (scaled down for games) (and more monitors but I only use them periodically)

53 minutes ago, iNoa97 said:

So I currently have the Blue Yeti as my microphone and I hate how it picks up vibrations so I want to get a mic arm with a shock mount. But the thing about the blue yeti is it weighs 1.2 lbs which is pretty heavy for a microphone. I was looking at this arm  http://amzn.to/19GMtqB  which I've heard good reviews about but i'm afraid it's too heavy, the description says its not for the blue yeti but at the bottom at questions customers are saying it did fit it but to be careful about the weight of it. If you knw of any other good cheap mic arms that will be able to fit and support the blue yeti I'd like to know. And also the RODE PSA1 is my last resort if i cant find anything because of its price

I have that boom arm and my Yeti fits on it just fine.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

This is my solution for my Yeti ... not as good as arm with shock mount but good enough for me. I would also like those things but they are expensive like hell for some reason ... :(

Eh4lfGu.jpg

• 10 months later...

I had purchased the Neewer boom,  but the radius II shock mount has a larger female connection than the male on the boom. 

Posted twice for some reason

Edited by Deserter15
Double post

• 3 months later...

Watched a video on YouTube, this cool guy reviewed Duafire Mic Stand, seems like a good replacement for the old weak stand at $13: http://www.amazon.com/DuaFire-Microphone-Suspension-Scissor-Broadcasting/dp/B00M3M4SGA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&keywords=microphone+arm+for+blue+yeti

It comes in different colors, there is also a more stable and professional boom arm charges for $63. Anyway not bad.