Chrome Color Theme

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

It's blue because that's the default colour for the forum software. The reasons that we haven't changed it are partly that we haven't got round to it, and partly because last time we changed it to the ltt orange, lots of people complained about it burning their eyes.

I'll see what I can do to get it changed though.

I was just wondering why the ltt site has blue set as the banner color for chrome on mobile? I think it would look at lot better if it was set to orange, white, or black.

They show how to do this on the Google dev page: 

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2014/11/Support-for-theme-color-in-Chrome-39-for-Android?hl=en

Screenshot_2016-03-23-13-04-41.thumb.jpg

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

My theory is that it is the default colour for the website community software that LTT is using, as the default theme for the software is blue!

It's such a browser-specific property that I'm not surprised it's been overlooked.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

It's blue because that's the default colour for the forum software. The reasons that we haven't changed it are partly that we haven't got round to it, and partly because last time we changed it to the ltt orange, lots of people complained about it burning their eyes.

HTTP/2 203

Line 85 of this page:

<meta name="theme-color" content="#3c6994">

Is literally http://www.color-hex.com/color/3c6994.

Why it's like this, I don't know. I usually use the color a navigation bar or the primary color for this. 

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

6 minutes ago, Crowes said:

Line 85 of this page:

<meta name="theme-color" content="#3c6994">

Is literally http://www.color-hex.com/color/3c6994.

Why it's like this, I don't know. I usually use the color a navigation bar or the primary color for this. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a setting that can be changed in the website software - This thing wasn't coded from scratch by LTT after all.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

2 minutes ago, Eelviny said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's just a setting that can be changed in the website software - This thing wasn't coded from scratch by LTT after all.

Plenty of tweaks coded by the team were implemented, though. 

9 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Perhaps go for an orange with less contrast (consider #e16c4c ), just for the sake of that header. You could also go for the background #151515  used all around the place; that'd fit pretty well, too.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

On 3/23/2016 at 1:34 PM, colonel_mortis said:

I'll see what I can do to get it changed

Like the new color.

Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-22-38.jpg

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit