'Angry Birds'-themed curriculum coming to Chinese classrooms

It is not that rare to use video games as a teaching medium. For example, in Taiwan, a teacher used Starcraft 2 as samples and practical runs for students of his teaching on the Art of War. Now Rovio, creator of Angry Birds, is in in collaboration with a Chinese firm called 123 Education Development and the University of Helsinki, to develop a curriculum concept called "Angry Birds Playground" to kindergarten-aged students. This concept will first be used in an early childhood learning centre in Shanghai.

According to Rovio, this concept will:

-teach kids about topics including language, math, music, and art

-encouraging both physical and social education

-access to branded games, books, toys, and books

-along with a "five-string instrument" and an "interactive whiteboard."

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/16/4737424/angry-birds-themed-curriculum-coming-to-chinese-classrooms

I view Angry Birds as a casual game and I think most people that like tech dislike casual games. So my reaction to having a casual game in a school curriculum would be mostly negative. Something along the lines of "get away from me you filthy casual!"

I had video games in classes when I was in highschool or whatever (in the 90s). They were shit games/casual. If they can make good educative games with Angry Birds, cool idea imo. You have to appeal to kids.

I'm in anticipation for the Star Wars themed version. 

Back from the dead....

I thought angry birds was dead now...

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

The Total War series has taught me a lot about European geography.