Go to solution Solved by zMeul,

wtf you're talking about ...

m.2 is just a form factor for SSDs - it can be either in SATA connection or PCIe

as for how fast it can go ... for X99 platform the DMI 2.0 maxes out at 2 GigaBytes/s in each direction and you need to take into account all devices connected to it: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/desktop-5th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html

x99-chipset-block-diagram.jpg

Should work in theory...but may be limited by your motherboard BIOS. If you don't have the ability to configure a raid array in your bios then you are out of luck. m.2 is just a different sata connection in most cases.  

浪速の建てるは静か用に建てました!- Build Log Coming Soon!

Can you? Yes.

Should you? 

Only if the m.2 isn't running in x4 PCI-e. If it is running in SATA III, then by all means go ahead if your mobo supports it. 

Raid 0 will limit itself to double the slowest drive, which would cripple the M.2 if it is a true M.2 drive.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

That's completely false. M.2 SSDs operate at far quicker than SATA III can allow as it's actually running off of the PCI-e gen 3 standard at x4 speeds. 

I can look for articles, but I recommend you also do research on it.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

wtf you're talking about ...

m.2 is just a form factor for SSDs - it can be either in SATA connection or PCIe

as for how fast it can go ... for X99 platform the DMI 2.0 maxes out at 2 GigaBytes/s in each direction and you need to take into account all devices connected to it: https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/core/desktop-5th-gen-core-family-datasheet-vol-1.html

x99-chipset-block-diagram.jpg