is there any way i can reflect an extrusion over an axis in inventor 2015

Go to solution Solved by Boink,

Create a work plane on the axis you want to reflect over. (3D Model > Work Features > Plane > Midplane between two planes)

Use the mirror function. (3D Model > Pattern > Mirror)

so, can i create an axis where i can reflect something over

basicly i have to make another green thing on the other side, but it took an hour just for one side, and im thinking of if i could save time by just reflecting the lines, or the extrudes to the other clean side.Capture1.PNG.07afd5eb73a9d47e03d78269ce6

jus the lines

Capture2.PNG.3b6383751c21f1519486f32b553

what i hope to achive on the other side as well.

thanks

9mods, didnt know which subforum to put this in, please more for me Thanks :) )

Are you wanting to extrude to the opposite face, or just the other side of the round thing?

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Im using Inventor 2013 (lol) but create a plane on that side you want to mirror. Enter sketch mode and select the lines you want to reflect using the mirror tool. Finish sketch and extrude.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

1 minute ago, ToniBamboni said:

Im using Inventor 2013 (lol) but create a plane on that side you want to mirror. Enter sketch mode and select the lines you want to reflect using the mirror tool. Finish sketch and extrude.

What he said. You can mirror a sketch over a line pretty simply.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

Create a work plane on the axis you want to reflect over. (3D Model > Work Features > Plane > Midplane between two planes)

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

if your part is symmetrical you should be able to mirror that feature using that center line pretty easily.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

51 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

Are you wanting to extrude to the opposite face, or just the other side of the round thing?

51 minutes ago, Rangaman42 said:

?

49 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:
51 minutes ago, Boink said:

if your part is symmetrical you should be able to mirror that feature using that center line pretty easily.

i see

51 minutes ago, Boink said:

Thank you

Capture3.PNG