Two SLI links??

RJF049

Can I use two SLI links between two cards in a loop like this? Or would that affect the flow negatively? It would be for aesthetics purely.

554082_781201165240304_1018798271_n.jpg?

Wont make a difference

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

It will lower the pressure in loop, i would just use one to get maximal performance.

Ooooh so probably not worth it..thanks!

It will lower the pressure in loop, i would just use one to get maximal performance.

Lower the pressure? No. It would not lower the pressure at all. The pressure would not change.

Will it make any performance difference? Debatable, but even if it did, it would be almost unnoticeable. Like 1-3C at most.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

Thats only for EK blocks. I am using two Alphacool Nexxos blocks. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Thats only for EK blocks. I am using two Alphacool Nexxos blocks. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I didn't think it mattered. Thought it was compatible with any blocks. My bad.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

It's called parallel flow and if you use two connectors it keeps the temps of the GPUs more similar. Overall performance in the rest of the loop may increase slightly as the water can flow slightly fast but it wont change much.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Lower the pressure? No. It would not lower the pressure at all. The pressure would not change.

Will it make any performance difference? Debatable, but even if it did, it would be almost unnoticeable. Like 1-3C at most.

Ooooh so probably not worth it..thanks!

sorry guys, i was wrong

It's called parallel flow and if you use two connectors it keeps the temps of the GPUs more similar. Overall performance in the rest of the loop may increase slightly as the water can flow slightly fast but it wont change much.

Whoa, did not think of that.

If the goal were to be to keep the GPU's as similar as possible, which setup would be preferred? 

This one: 

830eb8ed_1686358.jpeg

Or this one:

| |   

| |    | |    

| | 

Sorry, could not find a picture. Hopefully you get it. This setup would allow the other link to be for the coolant to flow on it's own between the two GPU's.

sorry guys, i was wrong

It is ok. :) You are learning.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Shouldn't make much of a noticeable difference but highly increases the aesthetics imo

#LESBOBRICKS

Or this one:

| |   

| |    | |    

| | 

That would kill your GPUs.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

why not use something like a dummy SLI link?

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

That does not make sense to me. Why?

you wouldnt have any flow in both cards because the water would go straight from top to bottom.

| i |   

| |    | i |  

|

you wouldnt have any flow in both cards because the water would go straight from top to bottom.

| i |   

| |    | i |  

|

I understand now. 

I imagined it as if there is a connection to where the coolant can flow from one port to another on the same GPU without going through the part of the heatsink that is over the heat spots. 

In other words, that it could flow freely without touching the GPU's in parallel, regardless of orientation. Obviously I am wrong on that and now understand why (in the picture I post, it has to go through one GPU or the other and cannot bypass both at the same time, whereas it can in the setup I had)

I may run a test or two on my GPU's with that other setup just for the lulz. Underclock as all hell though to prevent them burning up.

† Christian Member †

Would it matter which outlet the water came out of the bottom card?

Would it matter which outlet the water came out of the bottom card?

No, as long the inlet that the water comes into is on the opposite side.

† Christian Member †

No, as long the inlet that the water comes into is on the opposite side.

Which one would that be though since i'd be using two links on the top?

Which one would that be though since i'd be using two links on the top?

... No. You are using 2 links in the middle. The top (where the inlet is) only has one connection. 

Such as your picture:

That is perfectly fine and it does not matter if you swapped the inlet and outlet's positions (such to where they were connected to the other port you could use).

† Christian Member †

... No. You are using 2 links in the middle. The top (where the inlet is) only has one connection. 

Such as your picture:

That is perfectly fine and it does not matter if you swapped the inlet and outlet's positions (such to where they were connected to the other port you could use).

Ahh that makes sense.

You may want to try to fill up a SLI link, so the coolant wont flow through, just like a blocked tunnel. So you basically got 2 Links with one of em being a dummy. Im not sure but i think i've already seen that somewhere done with liquid rubber used to seal the "Dummy" Link. There are a few other methods i guess

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting