Dark Souls 3 requirements and settings revealed (Updated)

2 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

RoB FlynnStone.

Gets 'em everytime.

Absolutely!

For anyone who doesn't understand:

ROB-> Ring of blades (flat physical damage bonus, higher bonus on non-infused weapons, max +50 damage ROB+2)

Flynn's ring-> +50 physical damage if max equip load <60 units (low carry capacity builds)

Stone ring->increases poise damage for all weapons

Absolutely!

For anyone who doesn't understand:

ROB-> Ring of blades (flat physical damage bonus, higher bonus on non-infused weapons, max +50 damage ROB+2)

Flynn's ring-> +50 physical damage if max equip load

Stone ring->increases poise damage for all weapons

Tfw Didn't understand a thing lol

Y0UJC.png

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

46 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

What are influencers?

You mean like people who helped popularize and spread DS3 like Vaati, Oro, SB, and such?

Yes

Influencers are people that can, well, influence many people, in this case gamers. Big youtubers are usually influencers, even though even smaller ones can get this "title".

For example, in Italy, a really kind and passionate guy nicknamed Sabaku no Maiku is the biggest youtuber in the "souls community", even if he has "only" 95k subscribers. He grew up thanks to his first series of videos, a walkthrough/lorethrough of Dark Souls and at the same time he contributed popularizing Souls games; his success lead him to get closer to publishers like Sony and Bandai Namco, in fact he got invited to both the Bloodborne and DS3 european events. And yes, I'm among his fans (I've also met him last Sunday)

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

Is anyone buying on release, or have already per-ordered? I was pretty set on paying full price on launch day, but I watched some stream last night and am a bit concerned.

I watched this guy plow through the game for like and hour and his first death was from walking off a cliff trying to run back to a bonfire as he was invaded...not a good sign IMO. He had killed like 4 or 5 bosses no problem, yet ends up backing off a cliff like some new player in the Forrest of DS1 or something.

The healing animation is also super fast; it looked silly watching him walk into an ambush and be able to heal up no problem with 4 enemies swinging away at him.

It just makes me worried. I expect to die in order to learn and then progress. I don't want to be able to blow through NG in a weekend if I am going to pay full price for the game:(.

7 minutes ago, KeltonDSMer said:

Is anyone buying on release, or have already per-ordered? I was pretty set on paying full price on launch day, but I watched some stream last night and am a bit concerned.

I watched this guy plow through the game for like and hour and his first death was from walking off a cliff trying to run back to a bonfire as he was invaded...not a good sign IMO. He had killed like 4 or 5 bosses no problem, yet ends up backing off a cliff like some new player in the Forrest of DS1 or something.

The healing animation is also super fast; it looked silly watching him walk into an ambush and be able to heal up no problem with 4 enemies swinging away at him.

It just makes me worried. I expect to die in order to learn and then progress. I don't want to be able to blow through NG in a weekend if I am going to pay full price for the game:(.

i might be buying on release. then again im not done with DS2 or DS1 yet. shame i haven't started earlier.. by the time i start on DS3 everyone would have beaten the game

is the healing from the flasks or the gems? 

18 minutes ago, KeltonDSMer said:

Already pre-ordered.

When you get used to this kind of games you obviously are less prone to dying from enemy attacks and more from distraction.

Everything in DS3 is a bit faster than in the previous two, but not as fast as in Bloodborne.

9 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i might be buying on release. then again im not done with DS2 or DS1 yet. shame i haven't started earlier.. by the time i start on DS3 everyone would have beaten the game

No gems here. Estus flasks for hp, Ash flasks for mana and other items to heal HP like the good old divine blessing

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Most of my favorite Souls moments are PVE anyway, being "late" is no biggie IMO :). The only souls game I played shortly after release was SotFS (but hadn't played dx9 DSII yet)

BTW the healing I saw was all flask, I didn't see any gem-like item use.

1 hour ago, KeltonDSMer said:

For sure i'm Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition before April's release.

It's very likely that guy was just gud from previous Souls games.

Anyone who's excited for or pre-ordering DS3 is likely ahead of the curve and knows how to take care of themselves.

I doubt it will be too easy.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

1 minute ago, Agost said:

Already pre-ordered.

When you get used to this kind of games you obviously are less prone to dying from enemy attacks and more from distraction.

Everything in DS3 is a bit faster than in the previous two, but not as fast as in Bloodborne.

Cool! I don't really mind if FromSoft makes the beginning, or even the entire NG, a little easier for new players. It just worried me that a guy wielding a greataxe one-handed was breezing through like it was nothing.

I had around 1000hours playing DS1&2 (including beating O&S solo SL1 on NG+) before I fired up the old PS3 to play DeS for the first time. I died. A lot. Like hundreds of times. Eventually I got a hang of things and learned the areas and enemies like you do in a Souls game. Eventually I "got gud" and finished NG with a SL1 character.

^^^That's what I would like for DS3. These games have all been exploitable and there is always a technique to "cheese" your way through an area or to beat a tough boss. What is fun for me is discovering how to make the game your bitch, I just don't want it to be obvious the first time I encounter a new enemy or area.

4 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

For sure i'm Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition before April's release.

It's very likely that guy was just gud from previous Souls games.

Anyone who's excited for or pre-ordering DS3 is likely ahead of the curve and knows how to take care of themselves.

I doubt it will be too easy.

But that's what raised the red flag for me. What kind of experienced player holds a great axe one-handed and has a great shield in the other?!

Eh, I'm going to stop worrying about it. I haven't bought a game for full price since Skyrim in '11...even if the game is half decent I feel like I should buy it on launch.

See you guys in-game in a few weeks...Umbasa!

14 hours ago, Majestic said:

You must be blind.

yes the intel processor pulls ahead there is no doubt about that but it isnt by a huge margin 

1 hour ago, KeltonDSMer said:

Cool! I don't really mind if FromSoft makes the beginning, or even the entire NG, a little easier for new players. It just worried me that a guy wielding a greataxe one-handed was breezing through like it was nothing.

I had around 1000hours playing DS1&2 (including beating O&S solo SL1 on NG+) before I fired up the old PS3 to play DeS for the first time. I died. A lot. Like hundreds of times. Eventually I got a hang of things and learned the areas and enemies like you do in a Souls game. Eventually I "got gud" and finished NG with a SL1 character.

^^^That's what I would like for DS3. These games have all been exploitable and there is always a technique to "cheese" your way through an area or to beat a tough boss. What is fun for me is discovering how to make the game your bitch, I just don't want it to be obvious the first time I encounter a new enemy or area.

But that's what raised the red flag for me. What kind of experienced player holds a great axe one-handed and has a great shield in the other?!

Eh, I'm going to stop worrying about it. I haven't bought a game for full price since Skyrim in '11...even if the game is half decent I feel like I should buy it on launch.

See you guys in-game in a few weeks...Umbasa!

I agree.

That's why i like Demon's Souls so much, it's truly more unforgiving yet more rewarding.

Although Demon's Souls was probably the second-easiest Souls' game to cheese.

Stagger forever manlets.

That said, i also would like a return to DeS-like difficulty and atmosphere.

DeS was dark. Really dark.

There were good mechanics, bosses were diverse, it wasn't as simple as slash, dodge, slash, and the difficulty wasn't as simple as being a clone of a former boss with more HP and damage (DS2 anyone?)

Hell one of my most favorite fights was the Storm King fight (Flying manta ray that shoots down "gg get rekt scrub" spears)

Honestly, as a veteran Souls' player, one-handing weapons isn't a bad thing.

Frame-by-frame, for most weapons, it's technically better DOT-wise to one-hand for faster swings.

I just don't do one-handed often because i know that i'm not going to waste all my stamina going for "spray-and-pray" style attacks; only time i one-hand is if i have a catalyst or something in my other hand.

Greatshields are trash, so yeah maybe this guy is either so good that he's trying everything out or RPing...or the game really is much easier.

Umbasa!

"If you ain't first, you're last"

8 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

My issue with motion blur is it breaks immersion for me and just looks fake IMO. Motion blur should be natural - a result of the speed of something passing your vision (whether it be on a screen or in real life), not a simulated and synthesized "effect" added to the graphics engine. Let the frames flow clear and naturally. There shouldn't be a need to blur anything as nothing is blurred in real life. ;) Let our eyes perceive it as it really is and should be, IMO. 

That is what Epic Games developed, it does not look synthesised at all, it is physically based and does not take the whole frame and blur it. They have scenes where there is a picture perfect clear frame with trees and vegetation in the scene being sharp while the boy running really fast close in front of the camera looked like a blurred trail (I am exaggerating but if you look at 0:22 of the video I linked, you can see its working though hard to see from YouTube compression)

When I played most first person shooters with motion blur turned off (because currently they all look bad) it looked too sharp, fast objects are crystal clear like when the character wave his hands in front of his eyes really fast, I do not see it blurring. Turning motion blur on makes everything even static object blurred when turning the camera so that is bad too. Epic Games created a motion blur that is physical based just like most engines are now physical based rendering. Unity is now creating their own version of physical based motion blur and it looked nice here, though this time it is based on camera movement like our eyes would when we shake our heads fast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44M7JsKqwow 

Just because some fast object travel fast across a monitor it does not mean it is guaranteed to be "naturally blurred" by our brains, we still need post processing for that. Playing CSGO with erratic camera movement does not naturally blur my vision (though in a game like that you actually do not want motion blur).

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

48 minutes ago, Memories4K said:

snip

Yeah re-reading my post it could seem like I am bashing using weapons one-handed, but I didn't mean it that way. 1H move set is just as useful and important as 2H. I was thinking/referring to strength scaling weapons in general early in the game (this guy was ~sl30 or 40); the 50% bonus to the Str damage modifier for 2H is massive on a pure strength-scaling weapon like the great axe early on.

Using a buffed dagger in DeS on the other hand, you are right it absolutely does more dps/dot (same thing) with 1hr1 over 2hr1 (1hr1 is much faster swing than 2hr1 and loss is str modifier is negligible on "E" str scaling), but I'd argue the opposite for most weapons across all the games. I always felt like most of the weapons I use have a faster swing speed 2H vs. 1H :P...that and even a "D" str scaling weapon gets a decent bonus 2H unless you have like 40 or 50 str already where the 50% str bonus doesn't do anything.

Are there really a lot of low strength scaling weapons that swing faster 1H vs 2H? How could I have not noticed this?

The whole "one-handed great axe OMG" thing was a not a big deal. It was one of a million oddities I noticed in a stream that overall made no sense and had me a bit worried about the game experience (at least the $60 USD one :P). Serves me right for peeping lol!

I have played a lot of DeS, DS1, and DS2...I'd be shocked if there was some inherent problem with the mechanics of DS3 that would keep me from playing xD.

16 hours ago, Memories4K said:

You can instantly find much better weapons early on, both scalable and not.

I'm not saying the Halberd's bad just not what i would consider OP.

It was a slow weapon and did worse damage compared to other high-damage, slow, weapons.

Fine for PVE and mobs, but always better choices.

Definitely looked cool though.

won't be doing much gaming now, tired of win10 crapping on me every time i boot it decided to revert to win8.1. Long story short: i accidentally wiped my game drive instead of the OS drive. must redownload everything now, with shitty 250kB/s connection (priority to battlenet games first). What a long and crazy night it was. 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

21 hours ago, Memories4K said:

Black Knight Halberd was never OP early on. Drake sword and Great Scythe were.

For DS2 the start is somewhat balanced.

I mean the longsword is one of the best weapons in the game and you get a +3 Fire Longword early on but that's quite a common weapon and what makes it OP is the amazing moveset.

In DS2, i'd say the only OP weapons are the longsword, Ice Rapier, and the +5 Dark-infused Chaos Blade (Also known as the faggot sword by everyone in the community)

Neither of which can be acquired early on.

Maybe someone else can chime in on DS2 OP weapons.

In DS2, once I got my hands on the ultra great sword and leveled up enough to carry/use it effectively, I maxed that sucker out and used it to the end. It's slow and uses a lot of stamina, but damn does it pack a punch. Have to combine it with a good shield as you have to time your attacks carefully, but when you land a hit or two, it's worth it. ;) 

All depends on what you like/prefer as well. Some people prefer the smaller/faster weapons and more dexterous fighting styles. There are plenty of options to suit your fancy in the DS games. 

19 hours ago, KeltonDSMer said:

I am planning to pre-order as soon as GMG sends me the typical pre-release 25-35% discount as they do with every new release. Will not be paying full price if there is no discount, I will wait. Can't justify spending that much on a game. :P

As for the game itself, I'm trying to go in as blind as possible. I don't want to see any gameplay footage or anything. Want it to be a completely new and fresh experience. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

7 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

I am planning to pre-order as soon as GMG sends me the typical pre-release 25-35% discount as they do with every new release. Will not be paying full price if there is no discount, I will wait. Can't justify spending that much on a game. :P

As for the game itself, I'm trying to go in as blind as possible. I don't want to see any gameplay footage or anything. Want it to be a completely new and fresh experience. ;)

Wow that is a massive discount for pre-order, sounds great!

Going in totally dark will be tough, being that it is out already and we can't play for a few weeks:P.

I was late to all the earlier games, but played them blind (DS1->SotFS->DeS). I knew after I beat it I could look everything up that I missed and learn about the game (I missed all DLC my first DS1 play through lol).

Now that I am ready to play DS3 on release it has been fun to poke around and learn about the pace of the game when no one really knows what the hell is going on.

Props on sticking it out, I hope it is an awesome game!

We could make a fight club inside the LTT forum for DS3

...even though I lag a lot against NA players

On 3/22/2016 at 0:02 AM, MEC-777 said:

Why motion blur? Who likes motion blur in games? I'm genuinely curious. First thing I turn off in every game. 

Everything else looks fine in the settings. Wasn't expecting anything more. If the AA option doesn't quite take care of all the pixeled edges, just use DSR and run it at 1440 or 4k. Don't think this is going to be too much more demanding than DS2. 

:) motion blur is awesome.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

21 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

In DS2, once I got my hands on the ultra great sword and leveled up enough to carry/use it effectively, I maxed that sucker out and used it to the end. It's slow and uses a lot of stamina, but damn does it pack a punch. Have to combine it with a good shield as you have to time your attacks carefully, but when you land a hit or two, it's worth it. ;) 

All depends on what you like/prefer as well. Some people prefer the smaller/faster weapons and more dexterous fighting styles. There are plenty of options to suit your fancy in the DS games. 

GMG's current voucher (SPRING20) now works on Dark Souls 3 (both base and deluxe editions) for a 20% off discount. Its the best deal on the deluxe edition I've seen so far.

17 hours ago, KeltonDSMer said:

Wow that is a massive discount for pre-order, sounds great!

Going in totally dark will be tough, being that it is out already and we can't play for a few weeks:P.

I was late to all the earlier games, but played them blind (DS1->SotFS->DeS). I knew after I beat it I could look everything up that I missed and learn about the game (I missed all DLC my first DS1 play through lol).

Now that I am ready to play DS3 on release it has been fun to poke around and learn about the pace of the game when no one really knows what the hell is going on.

Props on sticking it out, I hope it is an awesome game!

Yeah, signing up for a GMG account is 2nd thing you should do as a PC gamer, next to signing up for Steam. ;) 

I prefer going in blind because I find it more fun. When you know everything and where to go, it takes a lot of the suspense and sense of danger out of the game, which it's well known for. I want the surprise and the "oh crap oh crap oh crap" factor, when I accidentally walk into a boss fight. lol.  

Honestly, I believe going in not knowing anything makes for a far better experience because you go in with zero expectations. ;)

4 hours ago, Verne said:

GMG's current voucher (SPRING20) now works on Dark Souls 3 (both base and deluxe editions) for a 20% off discount. Its the best deal on the deluxe edition I've seen so far.

Sweet! Good to know. Thanks! :) 

They usually send an email or two (or 3) within the final week before launch with discounts on most new titles. But I'll definitely check this out. 

5 hours ago, cesrai said:

:) motion blur is awesome.

I hope you're joking... :S

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

12 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

I hope you're joking... :S

I'm not I'm totally serious.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

20 hours ago, cesrai said:

I'm not I'm totally serious.

So I must ask then, why do you like motion blur?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

So I must ask then, why do you like motion blur?

It looks good, those blury lines that are left when I swing a weapon or move left and right look good, and it feels better too ( I know it's not a great explanation mate, but I don't know what I should say ). On the other hand, it makes things blury so I disable it in CSGO :> 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ