Budget build

Hello, friends.

I'm planning a budget build. I'm doing this because moving my rig from parent to parent is such a hassle. I still live at home and my parents are divorced. So far I'm sitting on this: 

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, Socket-AM3+ AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor Gainward GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Elite 1600Mhz 4GB Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White

I already have a psu and a HDD. I was just wondering if this is good, and if any people experienced with budget building have any better tips for components etc. 

Thanks in advance, Friends

-Toode

That looks pretty good, how much are you paying and what size is this PSU/HDD you have? If you could invest in an SSD later down the road you'll notice a big improvement on speed.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

I would suggest if you can afford it going up to a 660 reference card. Then overclocking it yourself. 

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Get a Hyper 212 evo and probably 8 gigs of ram

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

Hello, friends.

I'm planning a budget build. I'm doing this because moving my rig from parent to parent is such a hassle. I still live at home and my parents are divorced. So far I'm sitting on this: 

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, Socket-AM3+ AMD FX-6300 6-Core Processor Gainward GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2GB Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Elite 1600Mhz 4GB Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White

I already have a psu and a HDD. I was just wondering if this is good, and if any people experienced with budget building have any better tips for components etc. 

Thanks in advance, Friends

-Toode

And from where are you buying that 650 and for how much?

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

And from where are you buying that 650 and for how much?

Well, I'm in norway so the 650TI Boost costs me 228 dollars. That is the cheapest one you get with 2gb of VRAM.

As for the earlier questions my HDD is sized 500GB and the psu is a Corsair CX 600W.

That is a good quality power supply, with more than enough wattage to power your system. What do you plan to do with this system? Game on?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

That is a good quality power supply, with more than enough wattage to power your system. What do you plan to do with this system? Game on?

Gaming is the plan. I'm growing sick and tired for most of the time not being able to game every other week. My mom usually doesn't let me move my rig around. THerefore I've decided to build a new computer with some money I've saved up recently.

nice setup wish i had money 

Well, I'm in norway so the 650TI Boost costs me 228 dollars. That is the cheapest one you get with 2gb of VRAM.

As for the earlier questions my HDD is sized 500GB and the psu is a Corsair CX 600W.

What's the best amd card you can buy with those money?

What's the best amd card you can buy with those money?

I can get a 7790 with 2GB of Vram or I can get a 7850 with 1GB, but 1GB might be a bit lackluster for 1080p gaming, right? I'd prefer to play most of my games in 1080p. 

I can get a 7790 with 2GB of Vram or I can get a 7850 with 1GB, but 1GB might be a bit lackluster for 1080p gaming, right? I'd prefer to play most of my games in 1080p. 

Then get the 7790. it will destroy any 650

Give us a link to the card

Edit: I don't know why I read 7970 instead of 7790 :D

Gaming is the plan. I'm growing sick and tired for most of the time not being able to game every other week. My mom usually doesn't let me move my rig around. THerefore I've decided to build a new computer with some money I've saved up recently.

Okay, what I would recommend is getting a bigger HDD. Because games will soon eat up that 500GB of storage. I personally have games on another HDD and my Operating System on my SSD.

So if you can get a 1TB Barracuda or Caviar Blue, as well as, that 500GB you have that leaves you with a games/programs drive and an OS drive. I would personally never run my OS, Programs and Games on one HDD, as that will make things go very slow, but you can do it.

These are not essential but you might want too invest in a better cooler, a 212 Evo as recommended above will be a good choice. Only because that stock cooler is going to get very loud. Another Hard Drive, a 1TB Barracuda or a 1TB Caviar Blue for your games and programs. 8GB of RAM, an SSD and a better GPU. These are all things you can do down the road of your computer.

Then get the 7790. it will destroy any 650

Give us a link to the card

Edit: I don't know why I read 7970 instead of 7790 :D

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/15/xfx_radeon_hd_7790_black_edition_video_card_review#.Ujcx-tLIY2U I couldn't find another place to buy it within 5 seconds of googling so here's a review. 

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=902

Here's the 650ti.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/07/15/xfx_radeon_hd_7790_black_edition_video_card_review#.Ujcx-tLIY2U I couldn't find another place to buy it within 5 seconds of googling so here's a review. 

http://www.gainward.com/main/vgapro.php?id=902

Here's the 650ti.

I would get the 7790 and buy another one when you'll have the money. you also get one free game ;)

I would get the 7790 and buy another one when you'll have the money. you also get one free game ;)

Looking at benchmarks the 7790 is a bit slower though.

Where are you shopping?

For some perspective:

650 Ti < 650 Ti Boost < 660 < 7850

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.