When will android surpass apple [discussion]

Overkilled
54 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

Apple design and optimize their chips specifically for ios. Generally a 2.3 ghz octa core should blow a 1.3 ghz dual core out the water

Confirmed! 8350 beats 4690k!

31 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Confirmed! 8350 beats 4690k!

im pretty sure the single core performance of the note 3s processor is comparable to the one in the 5s, obviously the 4690k has way better single core performance compared to the 8350 so its a completely different ball game.

8 hours ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Motorola Atrix was the first phone released with a biometric fingerprint scanner.

It was released in 2011, two years before Apple released the iPhone5s, the first iPhone with a biometric fingerprint scanner.

6 hours ago, Overkilled said:

I genuinely didnt know about the NVMe but in terms or touch ID, motorola already put already put a fingerprint sensor into a phone so its not really an original idea 

6 hours ago, daniielrp said:

I think that's the case with most Apple innovations though. They take something that is out there and bring it to the masses in a better way (marketing...)

Yes, the Moto Atrix had a fingerprint scanner first BUT it didn't gel with Android and wasn't actually all that useful as all it did was provide another way to unlock your phone and wasn't used for anything else in the OS.

Just an FYI guys, The Motorola ATRIX was MOST CERTAINLY NOT the first phone - or even smartphone - to feature a Fingerprint scanner. I had an old LG Expo (Released in 2009) that had a Fingerprint scanner, and I'm certain it wasn't even the first to offer such a feature.

Fingerprint scanners have been around for quite a while in the mobile world. Apple (And to a (far) lesser extent, Motorola) simply popularized and improved upon said feature, and brought it into the Mainstream.

@Overkilled, this thread topic is so incredibly biased, how did you honestly expect to have an objective discussion?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 hours ago, Overkilled said:

im pretty sure the single core performance of the note 3s processor is comparable to the one in the 5s, obviously the 4690k has way better single core performance compared to the 8350 so its a completely different ball game.

Make of it what you will, but CPU performance of the A7 vs the Snapdragon 800 is clearly better. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7376/samsung-galaxy-note-3-review/4

GPU on the other hand swaps between the two. 

9 hours ago, Overkilled said:

Long ago when the Note 3 came out. You know the phone with the 4 core snapdragon clocked in at 2.3 as well as a extra lower powered four core processor for a combined 8 cores as well as 3gb of RAM. Out at the same time as the iPhone 5s with its wimpy 1.3 dual core chip and 1gb of ram

so your point is that you are looking at specs? for what if the 5s dual core is better than the note 3 octo core with 5000gb of ram? 

so thats better hardware

now for software. note 3 will never get another version of android. iphone 5s will get another 3 or more versions of iOS. so thats better software