When will android surpass apple [discussion]

Overkilled

When Steve Jobs released the original iPhone it was better than anything we've ever seen but Android definitely closed the gap.

At what point do you think Android phones became better than iPhones?

When their batteries started lasting a solid day.

LG G2 was the first of this new generation.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would say the generation of phones around when the Galaxy s3 came out. I noticed a pretty big difference in phones like it compared to phones like the s2. Probably because they started cleaning up the ui more.

18 minutes ago, Overkilled said:

They never did.

When jellybean came out android became significantly faster, added to the fact that manufacturer started to finally realise that their heavy skins need to be lightened. 

Still not enough for many people like me to consider android better in their cases, but definitely a choice that they can consider or go for.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I honestly think that with your phrasing, you're trying to start a flame war. 

I personally think that both options have their merits (I use a Samsung A5 on KitKat for work, and iPhone 6 for personal), but I'll personally continue to use Apple mobility products as I love their rugged durability and consistent capability to deliver power and sufficient battery life. 

The only thing that has made me rethink is the Razer Blade Stealth, 14, and Surface Pro. 

Android hasn't in my opinion.

Talk hate about apple all you want, but that new touch thing they have is really nice. Its really ironic to praise Apple for adding Right-click though :P 

Android has too much older versions, and since updating isn't mandatory, it's a mess. The latest version of android might at some point be better than IOS in every way, but that doesn't account for all the crap that can't update to that version.

I'm using a nexus 6p with latest android, but managing files is just a big fuck you between windows 10 and the latest android, so since I have to use a ftp-server feature on a 3rd party app to transfer files to Filezilla at this point, you are asking me if I like Android phones on the wrong moment in time. 

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

If we want to talk about when Android SURPASSED iPhones, it was about the time they released Ice Cream Sandwich. (they have 80% market share. You just can't argue that) If you want to talk about when they got BETTER than iPhones, that is purely subjective....and the answer is...they have always been better. ;)

Screenaninator: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 Nitro

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8300

Stickaminator: 16GB Crucial Vengance DDR3

Powermathingy: Corsair RM850i

attachamajiggy: Asus M5A97 R2.0 f

Remembrerthing: 240 GB Crucial SSD, 2TB Toshiba HDD

Around the Jelly Bean era. A lot of phones came out with the latest OS and the phones started to become a bit more elegant. It's also the same kind of time iOS6 and its troubles to be followed by iOS7 came out which put a lot of people off due to poor performance and bugs.

In terms of market share, that's easy enough to look up.

In terms of quality, I don't think it has. I think both systems are getting worse, but iOS is still superior in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ZetZet said:

When their batteries started lasting a solid day.

When your nearest public socket wasn't occupied with iPhone chargers...

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

In terms of software, Jelly Bean surpassed iOS.

In terms of hardware, I think the Galaxy S7.

iPhones and Galaxies will continue to trade blows with their respective releases imo. Both platforms have matured.

3 minutes ago, TroubleKlef said:

In terms of software, Jelly Bean surpassed iOS.

In terms of hardware, I think the Galaxy S7.

iPhones and Galaxies will continue to trade blows with their respective releases imo. Both platforms have matured.

right 

and it never did. apple has 5 years updates

Just now, s3ns3 said:

right 

You mean 4 years of catchup to Android. 

Just now, JoePro87 said:

You mean 4 years of catchup to Android. 

remember me pls who brought touch id to phones first? and now it comes native with android? and i hear next version of android,which u will not get,or get after 1 year,has reply messages from notifications,like iOS. and maybe in the future releases it will have support for force touch

And who had 4G first? Who had multi core processors first? Who had more than 3.5" screens first? Who had more than 4" screens first? Who had expandable storage first (Oh...you're still waiting on that). Who had replaceable batteries first (Oh, still waiting on that, too)... Who had IR blasters first? (Oh shit, that's another thing you're still waiting on) Who had HD screens first? Who had Full HD screens first? Who had 2K screens first? (Oh, that's right, still waiting on that) Who had 4K screens first? (damn...notice a trend, here?) Who had widgets first? Who had live wallpapers first? Who had facial unlocking first? Who had laser focus cameras first? Who had multi tone flash first? Who had phones with more than 1GB of RAM first? On that note, who had phones that break the 4GB RAM barrier with 32bit OS's, and actually takes advantage of having a 64 bit CPU, first? Who had over 2,000 mAh batteries first? Who had 3rd party keyboards first? Dude, Apple is last in almost EVERYTHING. 

But, to keep it fair, I'll give you guys credit for one thing....they did have 64 bit processors first....BUT THERE IS STILL NO SOFTWARE THAT USES IT.

3 hours ago, Overkilled said:

When Steve Jobs released the original iPhone it was better than anything we've ever seen but Android definitely closed the gap.

Android might have surpassed iOS however Apple still makes the most profit. I think the Stat was Apple has less than 20% of the market share, but makes over 90% of the profit. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 hours ago, s3ns3 said:

right 

You're right on that front. The iPhone 6s is still the fastest phone on the planet. I just think as an overall package the S7 is the first Android phone to beat out the iPhone.

6 hours ago, JoePro87 said:

And who had 4G first? Who had multi core processors first? Who had more than 3.5" screens first? Who had more than 4" screens first? Who had expandable storage first (Oh...you're still waiting on that). Who had replaceable batteries first (Oh, still waiting on that, too)... Who had IR blasters first? (Oh shit, that's another thing you're still waiting on) Who had HD screens first? Who had Full HD screens first? Who had 2K screens first? (Oh, that's right, still waiting on that) Who had 4K screens first? (damn...notice a trend, here?) Who had widgets first? Who had live wallpapers first? Who had facial unlocking first? Who had laser focus cameras first? Who had multi tone flash first? Who had phones with more than 1GB of RAM first? On that note, who had phones that break the 4GB RAM barrier with 32bit OS's, and actually takes advantage of having a 64 bit CPU, first? Who had over 2,000 mAh batteries first? Who had 3rd party keyboards first? Dude, Apple is last in almost EVERYTHING. 

But, to keep it fair, I'll give you guys credit for one thing....they did have 64 bit processors first....BUT THERE IS STILL NO SOFTWARE THAT USES IT.

Lol nobody cares who is first. Technology isn't so small minded unlike some individuals. 

1 minute ago, TroubleKlef said:

Lol nobody cares who is first. Technology isn't so small minded unlike some individuals. 

33 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

remember me pls who brought touch id to phones first? and now it comes native with android? and i hear next version of android,which u will not get,or get after 1 year,has reply messages from notifications,like iOS. and maybe in the future releases it will have support for force touch

As you were saying. Now, do you want to be childish, and sling insults, or act like adults here?

2 minutes ago, JoePro87 said:

As you were saying. Now, do you want to be childish, and sling insults, or act like adults here?

think I'm going to screenie this. 

46 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

right 

Wait, he used the timer on the phone for his test? Aren´t you supposed to minimize the difference between 2 things when you test them?

5 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

Small minded? Isn´t the phrase narrow minded?

Actually quite the opposite in this context. It refers to the fact that technology reserves no biases, unlike what I have already seen here.