"Qualifications" section for user profiles

Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

It wouldn't be remotely practical to be something handled by moderators, and it would be pretty pointless (and filled with spam) if it wasn't. If you want to list your qualifications, just add them to your profile or signature, and people can see it if they so desire.

On a forum that has so much content being people asking for help, and lots of people giving advice, I think it would be cool to have a "qualifications" (or other name) section of profiles where people could list various things such as certifications and experience. For example, I would be able to list "CADD I, CADD II, SkillsUSA NH-Bronze-Technical Drafting". Maybe even being able to list in-progress things, for example, I have not completed my CCNA Routing and Switching certification but im in a college computer networking class on the topic and about 75% of my way to taking the test, so maybe being able to list "CCNA Routing and Switching (in progress)", so although I don't have a certification, I certainly have a decent knowledge of the subject.

I think this would be a nice thing to have that would improve the forums. It would be cool if when I ask for help, I can see the user's who replies qualifications. A question would be whether this would need to be something assigned by moderators (some sort of application process to prove you have said experience/certification?) or it could be like Member Titles where you can add whatever you want, although this could degrade the legitimacy of the whole thing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

I'd give myself doctorates in every field imaginable.

At a job interview: they ask me for my resume. Naturally, I give them my Linus Tech Tips Forums profile page instead. Instant job.

I used to be quite active here.

There is already About Me section for everything that doesn't fit under other boxes.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, Ramamataz said:

How do we know your not a dirty faker?

7 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

I'd give myself doctorates in every field imaginable.

At a job interview: they ask me for my resume. Naturally, I give them my Linus Tech Tips Forums profile page instead. Instant job.

if you read the whole post I brought up this issue at the end...

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

It wouldn't be remotely practical to be something handled by moderators, and it would be pretty pointless (and filled with spam) if it wasn't. If you want to list your qualifications, just add them to your profile or signature, and people can see it if they so desire.

HTTP/2 203