Will one MCP655 enough to run water loop?

Just started planning on my first major water build. My loop will include CPU block, 2 full GPU blocks, one 240 rad, one 120 rad, and MCP655 ran in series using 3/8-5/8 tubing. At the last minute I thought of adding a RAM block, but will the pump be enough or should I add another MCP655?

Just started planning on my first major water build. My loop will include CPU block, 2 full GPU blocks, one 240 rad, one 120 rad, and MCP655 ran in series using 3/8-5/8 tubing. At the last minute I thought of adding a RAM block, but will the pump be enough or should I add another MCP655?

I'm a water cooling noob but linus does except with 1 gpu block.

i run 2 gpu, 1 cpu, 1 240 rad and 2 120 rad and i use a mcp35x which is a smaller pump and it runs it just fine, so you are good

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

a 240 and a 120mm rad for cpu and 2 gpu's?

i would be more concerned about the temps than the pump, although the pump is definetly enough for your needs

a 240 and a 120mm rad for cpu and 2 gpu's?

i would be more concerned about the temps than the pump, although the pump is definetly enough for your needs

The MCP655 will be more than enough in that loop. As Farncir mentioned, I'd be adding another 240 or even a 360 if you have the space.

I run 2x MCP655 on the lowest speed through 3770K @ 4.6GHz 24/7, 2x OCd EVGA GTX670 FTW, Maximus V Formula, RAM, RX480 and a RX240.

Thanks guys! I have a CM N200 case and that's about all the rad I can fit in there. Maybe I'll just cut the RAM block and stick with my original plan. But I'm glad to know one MCP655 would be enough. I've never used it before as my previous build I used an Apogee Drive II.

RAM Block is pointless, just nice for aesthetics.  I would say for functionality if you don't have the room for more rad-estate, mount a thick 240 or something off the back or on the roof of your chassis.

I have been pondering about installing an external independent 240 rad or an externally mounted 120 on top. But that would probably mean adding and additional pump right?

Hey guys just out of curiousity, will a pump ran in series but at different positions in the loop work the same as having them next together with one pump feeding straight to the next?

Multiple pumps (especially multiple MCP655s) is pointless.  One 655 is pretty much all you'll ever need for any reasonable loop.  The reason I see most often cited for multiple pumps is for redundancy but chances are if you bought two pumps you probably bought them at or around the same time so chances are they will likely fail at or around the same time too.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

But what I wanted to know was if 2 pumps ran in series but at different points in the loop would work the same as having them next together with one pump feeding to the next. I'm just curious coz if 2 pumps mean twice the force, and having one pump placed anywhere in the loop would make no difference, then in theory 2 pumps placed anywhere in the loop would still mean twice the force. Not that I'm gonna do it because you and pretty much everyone agrees we only need one MCP655 to do the job, but it just got me curious.

Well if the force of the flow is too high it wont be able to get the heat from the blocks and drop the heat to the radiators

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

It's fine to run 2 pumps at different points in the loop, just that if the pump directly after the res stops then the second one that is located somewhere else in the loop is going to go under some strain and unless it's being constantly fed enough water, it could damage it. I personally just run 2 pumps directly after the res if you need 2 pumps but you really don't unless it's for redundancy which in that case, you're better off putting them after the res as mentioned.

Bottom line, a single MCP655 is more than enough even if you're adding another RAD.

Thanks Justin! You made me realize if I'll be running two pumps it'll be better to run them next to each other right after the reservoir. Anyway, I'll be sticking to just one pump. One a side note, anybody know a good flow meter that plugs to the MB to get flow readings?

One a side note, anybody know a good flow meter that plugs to the MB to get flow readings?

Get one that's from a reputable company. Otherwise they all work well.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Thanks Ghost! I'll probably purchase the one from Koolance. Although I am disappointed I have to purchase two, one flow meter and one adapter to be able to plug it to the motherboard.