Watercooling help please.

Hey guys i'm doing a new build and wanted to go watercooling. I have already chosen the parts ecxept for the fluid and the fittings. What fluid should i take and what fittings do i need? Here is the link for the part picker thing http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Ec7c The loop cost about 790$ atm and the pc about 3k. If somebody could help me with that that would be great. (If you find any any compatiblity issues or you have any recommendations for better rads,pump,resevoir,waterblocks tubeing or just the loop in general let me know) Thanks for helping me out.  :)  

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Wait, you have the tubing, right? Just pick some nice compression fittings that fit your tubing's ID and OD. My recommended brands are Bitspower, and EK, and a few other brands.

Fluid, you can go with distilled water and a kill coil, or you can go with some Mayhems Pastel or X1 coolants. Ek and XSPC make great coolants too.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I kinda wanted to say fittings and the coolant is close to personal preferrence thingy...

I personally prefer using coolant than distilled water, and fittings i like bitspower, Koolance and surprisingly i liked the XPSC compression fittings

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

I'd get bitspower compressions in whatever color you wand then straight distilled + killcoil. That is exactly what I run and I have had 0 problems. WARNING! If you decide to use straight distilled and a kill coil DO NOT watercool your VRM on the maximus VI formula, it contains ALUMINUM and it will corrode. 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

well i dont really know what fittings i need because i use the same tubeing as linus in his overkill build guide and then i saw one of his vids and he said that he only used these fittings because he would take it appart dierectly after they finished the vid. So i dont know what to take. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Hey guys i'm doing a new build and wanted to go watercooling. I have already chosen the parts ecxept for the fluid and the fittings. What fluid should i take and what fittings do i need? Here is the link for the part picker thing http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Ec7c The loop cost about 790$ atm and the pc about 3k. If somebody could help me with that that would be great. (If you find any any compatiblity issues or you have any recommendations for better rads,pump,resevoir,waterblocks tubeing or just the loop in general let me know) Thanks for helping me out.  :)  

welcome to the LinusTechTips forum and water cooling section,

i like the fractal design cases, but i think they missed on this opportunity for the upper

radiator decision. you might consider waiting to see what the Corsair 750D might be

able to offer in radiator management.

you really don't need the monsta 120 (i assume for the rear I/O location) as with the

360 in the roof, the rear I/O will be really crowded and with not much "gain" in thermal

performance for the extra leak-points and busy tubing runs to involve it.

your choice of the GPU block is great, but why not continue the theme with the

HK Ni Bl CPU block?

fittings?

airdeano

welcome to the LinusTechTips forum and water cooling section,

i like the fractal design cases, but i think they missed on this opportunity for the upper

radiator decision. you might consider waiting to see what the Corsair 750D might be

able to offer in radiator management.

you really don't need the monsta 120 (i assume for the rear I/O location) as with the

360 in the roof, the rear I/O will be really crowded and with not much "gain" in thermal

performance for the extra leak-points and busy tubing runs to involve it.

your choice of the GPU block is great, but why not continue the theme with the

HK Ni Bl CPU block?

fittings?

airdeano

Hi airdeano i really want the build in a define series because i really like them (but i don't like the Corsair cases). In the too it's just an 280mm (30mm) radiator so there should be enough room for the rad (not only for the mounting but also for good operation. I just took that Cpu block because linus has used it (overkill build) and i wasn't able to find any good test for cpu blocks. (But the Hk Ni Bi Cpu Block looks outstanding so i will take it.  

I've been running Koolance blocks for 4 months and no problems yet. 

not sure why people get down on anti-corrosive mixes. its not like distilled water stays non-conductive in a loop for very long.  anti-corrosive mixes don't really have any downside, other then you'd be silly to leak test and flush with them, and anti-corrosive mixes can greatly reduce the maintenance needs of your loop.  a properly cleaned and flushed loop with an anti-corrosive mix loop can go 12-24 months before you need to open it up (other then topping up fluid lvls).

as for rads, your case kinda sucks for water cooling since it doesn't have any room for large rads.  but it does look good and  you could use 2 240mm rads front and top with the fans on slow exhausting,  just use the bottom and back fan ports as intakes with dust filters.  also if your not gonna put in a dvd/blueray drive you have plenty of room to put your harddrives in your 5 1/2in bays.

I'd get bitspower compressions in whatever color you wand then straight distilled + killcoil. That is exactly what I run and I have had 0 problems. WARNING! If you decide to use straight distilled and a kill coil DO NOT watercool your VRM on the maximus VI formula, it contains ALUMINUM and it will corrode. 

I thought all that was needed to prevent dissimilar metals was a anti-corrosive additive?

Something like PrimoChill's Liquid Utopia is suppose to take care of both.

I thought all that was needed to prevent dissimilar metals was a anti-corrosive additive?

Something like PrimoChill's Liquid Utopia is suppose to take care of both.

Yeah you could just get an anti corrosive agent but when using an anti corrosive AND a kill coil together there can sometimes be some weird reactions.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Yeah you could just get an anti corrosive agent but when using an anti corrosive AND a kill coil together there can sometimes be some weird reactions.

Hmmm....wasn't aware of that. Learn something new everyday.

Not to mention, my system maybe in trouble.

Hmmm....wasn't aware of that. Learn something new everyday.

Not to mention, my system maybe in trouble.

It doesn't always cause problems but it's always a risk when you use 2 different methods of protecting your loop in the same loop. Find one you like and stick with it.

It doesn't always cause problems but it's always a risk when you use 2 different methods of protecting your loop in the same loop. Find one you like and stick with it.

I've never used 2 different methods of protecting my loop. And I have always, pretty much, stuck with One, that has always seemed to work.

Have never had an issue, so........Hopefully everything will be OK.  :unsure: