An official app

lonewolf5460

I checked the google play store there is an unofficial one but it does not let you post or reply. Just throwing this out there i know it would be a lot if work it just would be awesome to have an official app like reddit does.

there is tapatalk, its shit and dosent work all that often and can be pretty confusing but its the closest thing there is

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Making an app is a massive amount of work, and we would have to hire an external company to do it, making it expensive too. We would like it too, but it's just not viable. The mobile site isn't too bad though, so just use that.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

there is tapatalk, its shit and dosent work all that often and can be pretty confusing but its the closest thing there is

Thanks ill check it out. There has to be someone here on the forum has the ability to program an app only if we can get them to collaborate with the LTT crew to let it tie in properly.

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Tatapalk isn't currently supported because it was causing a number of issues.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

oh is it even more broken now? well then. gg

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Well that is disappointing I hope it happens sometime in the future this is a pretty large forum and I enjoy my time reading more than posting.

1 hour ago, lonewolf5460 said:

Well that is disappointing I hope it happens sometime in the future this is a pretty large forum and I enjoy my time reading more than posting.

What would you like to see from the app? Posting and repping wouldn't be viable to add any app for single forum. Something like notifications, Activities and sideshows (YT and Twitter feeds) is something whats most requested with these apps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I like the mobile app, If it makes it easier for some of you, I suggest making a shortcut on your IPhone/Ipad/Android Device

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What would you like to see from the app? Posting and repping wouldn't be viable to add any app for single forum. Something like notifications, Activities and sideshows (YT and Twitter feeds) is something whats most requested with these apps.

Really the ability to post topics and reply to someone if it is not viable it is was it is i guess.

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Making an app is a massive amount of work, and we would have to hire an external company to do it, making it expensive too. We would like it too, but it's just not viable. The mobile site isn't too bad though, so just use that.

@AluminiumTech

5 hours ago, byalexandr said:

I made an unofficial app. It's only for LMG videos :(.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

16 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Tapatalk causes more issues than it solves.

the LTT group has to come up with a passive cheap alternative to this problem.

(⌐■_■) 

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

A solution already exists - https://linustechtips.com/main/

Yeah well it lags a bit. Maybe @Cat :^) Could improve performance.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah well it lags a bit. Maybe @Cat :^) Could improve performance.

There is nothing that can be done to improve performance of the mobile site further than has already been done, because it's just the desktop version with slightly different styles applied.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

There is nothing that can be done to improve performance of the mobile site further than has already been done, because it's just the desktop version with slightly different styles applied.

Re-write it so there's a mobile version.  Which is more mobile friendly

5 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Re-write it so there's a mobile version.  Which is more mobile friendly

That is a) not possible at this stage (do you have any idea how much work it would be to do that, which would just be removing features?) and b) not better, because then people with tablets have to pick between a poorly optimised desktop site and a poorly optimised mobile site.

HTTP/2 203

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

I made an unofficial app. It's only for LMG videos :(.

Oh I thought it was for the forums?

On 19-3-2016 at 8:51 PM, lonewolf5460 said:

Thanks ill check it out. There has to be someone here on the forum has the ability to program an app only if we can get them to collaborate with the LTT crew to let it tie in properly.

forum apps not something you write in your free time though, they require alot of work :/

6 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Oh I thought it was for the forums?

Well for now it has an RSS feed of the forum so...........