Will a battery case damage my galaxy s7 edge battert?

smeek14

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing a battery case for my galaxy s7 edge.  I was wondering if they can damage my internal battery?

9 minutes ago, smeek14 said:

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing a battery case for my galaxy s7 edge.  I was wondering if they can damage my internal battery?

A battery case will just charge the phone when it's running low by turning it on, it would be the same as plugging the phone to charge. 

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

A battery case will just charge the phone when it's running low by turning it on, it would be the same as plugging the phone to charge. 

I have heard a myth that by keeping something plugged in all the time, it will ruin the battery, it's this true?

1 minute ago, smeek14 said:

I have heard a myth that by keeping something plugged in all the time, it will ruin the battery, it's this true?

Well the battery cases usually have an indicator and on or off option to choose when to charge the phone as desired so it wouldn't keep trickle charging it constantly.

8 hours ago, smeek14 said:

Modern phones have some sort of overcharge protection built in, so you can't really over charge them. If you usually leave your phone plugged in overnight anyways, you won't notice much difference in overall battery life span, if there is a difference at all. 

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

15 hours ago, smeek14 said:

-snip-

Constant charging while utilizing the device will decrease its lifespan, the severity changes as to for how long and how hot the battery and device will get in the process of usage, but it can have a very significant impact, if done every day of every week, for 4-5 months, it could be as much as 3 years of normal usage without constant "on-use" charging, would decrease it. Thats why all battery cases should have a on/off power button. Isnt the official iphone 6s case unable to do this? Basically a way of them saying, "we want to ruin, secretly, your Iphone battery lifespan, ehehehe"!

Groomlake Authority

3 hours ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Constant charging while utilizing the device will decrease its lifespan, the severity changes as to for how long and how hot the battery and device will get in the process of usage, but it can have a very significant impact, if done every day of every week, for 4-5 months, it could be as much as 3 years of normal usage without constant "on-use" charging, would decrease it. Thats why all battery cases should have a on/off power button. Isnt the official iphone 6s case unable to do this? Basically a way of them saying, "we want to ruin, secretly, your Iphone battery lifespan, ehehehe"!

Thank you so much, I will try to find a case with a on off switch

If you have the battery charged all the time you can hurt the life of your phone. I recommend draining the battery fully once a month if you are getting a battery case.