is it possible to build a £400-500 pc with monitor

Yeah, so hi guys! I'm new to this forum. I've been redirected here by a guy on another forum where I've been posting quite often. 

I've been trying to plan out a build (I've planned out several actually) and none of them met my price range. What I wanted was a decent £400-500 PC that could handle all of the higher end games on low to high settings. Of which I don't really mind. 

The problem is, I want decent parts - for these partlists I've planned out, I've used FX 8350, i3-3220, maybe i7-2600K secondhand from ebay and i5-2500K secondhand too. 

For GPU, I've been going for Radeon because the new series are coming out soon and hopefully they will drop the prices of the lesser GPUs, I've been going for the HD 7850/7870/7890. 

The rest were a range of others, different cases, mobos, PSU, memory and storage for each one. 

The real question, lol, is it possible or will I need to downgrade some parts first to achieve this, or can I achieve this.

I dropped the OS, maybe I can get it later, but its too expensive. I can achieve all of this in say £600, but thats out of my price range. 

FYI, this will be my first build.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

It is possible but I think you'll have to get something cheaper than those Intel's and AMD's.

My system in my signature has cost me around £480 so far but that is using my 32'' TV as a monitor.

Have a look at AMD's APU's, half decent CPU and a good built in GPU and take it from there.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Hmm try going for an AMD A10-6800K and some fast memory. The onboard graphics are decent and you can always add a dedicated one later. For this price range I wouldn't really recommend going with dedicated graphics. 

You can always count on @CoolBeans to make cheap builds that's awesome  ;)

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Yeah, thanks for the replies - I have a decent TV, should I just connect to that instead and wait till I have the money to get a decent monitor. And thanks for that build @CoolBeans, its awesome, but would the Athlon be upgrade-proof for the next couple of years?

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

Shit, an old Athlon X4, that is cool :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Yeah, thanks for the replies - I have a decent TV, should I just connect to that instead and wait till I have the money to get a decent monitor. And thanks for that build @CoolBeans, its awesome, but would the Athlon be upgrade-proof for the next couple of years?

It's AM3+, so you could always upgrade to an FX CPU. It won't support the FX 8 cores though.

Actually screw the APU. This build looks amazing for the price.

APU are quite useless anyways. They are terrible compared to a gpu.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

You could upgrade to a 6300/8320 without changing the motherboard in the future, so I would say so

You could upgrade to a 6300/8320 without changing the motherboard in the future, so I would say so

Actually, that board unfortunately only supports CPU's with TDP's up to 95W, so it wouldn't be able to support the 125W FX 8320. :(

But, you could upgrade to a 6300.

Yep thanks guys - I might downgrade the storage a bit. I wouldn't need that much. And if it did get filled up I've got an external as back up. What @target39 said, I might upgrade the mobo a bit then. I want to possibly house the 8350 later on.

the "coolbeans" build is very solid, and will run everything good.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

the "coolbeans" build is very solid, and will run everything good.

Yes and he should totaly name his build the "@CoolBeans rig"

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

I tweaked it a bit, the "Coolbeans rig" here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1E26B

Though I am questioning whether I should get a cheaper CPU and upgrade later. Actually then again, maybe not. I could wait a bit so that the GPU's price would go down after the release of the new cards. I'm crossing my fingers that it drops at least 10 pounds. Haha!

i got a build with monitor, mouse, keyboard, gpu, for under 250 pounds. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1E28X

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I tweaked it a bit, the "Coolbeans rig" here http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1E26B

Though I am questioning whether I should get a cheaper CPU and upgrade later. Actually then again, maybe not. I could wait a bit so that the GPU's price would go down after the release of the new cards. I'm crossing my fingers that it drops at least 10 pounds. Haha!

Make sure to get a 2x molex to 6 pin PCI-E power adapter if you're going to use that PSU since it only comes with a single 6+2 pin PCI-E connector. That 7950 requires an 8 pin and 6 pin.

Make sure to get a 2x molex to 6 pin PCI-E power adapter if you're going to use that PSU since it only comes with a single 6+2 pin PCI-E connector. That 7950 requires an 8 pin and 6 pin.

Could I have an example then please? Is this suitable http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr

Sorry, I'm only a novice in this kinda stuff. Thanks.

i got a build with monitor, mouse, keyboard, gpu, for under 250 pounds. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1E28X

That's mega cheap, but I'd need better hardware than that, I'm afraid. I want to run the newer games on low-high settings. :)

Could I have an example then please? Is this suitable http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-100b10500kr

Sorry, I'm only a novice in this kinda stuff. Thanks.

That's mega cheap, but I'd need better hardware than that, I'm afraid. I want to run the newer games on low-high settings. :)

The PSU you picked out is fine, just make sure you get one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CB4-6-cable-adapter/dp/B00118EWLS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379266950&sr=8-3&keywords=molex+to+6+pin

APU are quite useless anyways. They are terrible compared to a gpu.

Agree on that although I am quiet impressed with 6800K performance. Only onboard graphics I would ever recommend. 

Wait, so it isn't included with the PSU?

Wait, so it isn't included with the PSU?

No, but it's only £2, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.