want another reason to keep ADBlock active? how about ransomware .. yep!

zMeul
37 minutes ago, AnnoyedShelf said:

Here is one, but I didn't look very hard for the one that I initially read. https://www.reddit.com/comments/3n7q5z

Ah, all good. I've never used that adblocker, I stick to AdBlock Plus. Don't think there's any relation

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

3 hours ago, CTR640 said:

Good, another reason to never disable ABP and NoScript. Ads are the electric aids, cancer and ebola all at once.

The greed has taken over the brainwashed idiots devs developing ads. Hopefully one day those complete morons will be legitally responsible and the website owners too since they also add a shit ton of ads on their shitty websites.

I switched to using NoScript a while back (instead of Ghostery). It's great, I've got a strict "only allow scripts from the domain of the website I'm visiting" policy. 

So much fucking trash embedded in websites nowadays.

1 hour ago, lubblig said:

I haven't played myself in a long time but since you said so I had to go download it again just to try it out. I don't have Java installed but it worked anyway. It did crash for some reason and I got some java error so what you're saying seems correct that you do not need java installed but it uses certain java files with the minecraft exe itself.

Although, do I have something to worry about regarding Java sort of being installed along with Minecraft? I don't really play it anymore so if there is a potential security risk having "java" (minecraft) installed I'd like to avoid having it installed. I cannot find it in the control panels list of installed programs so is there anything to worry about? Or is it really only Minecraft that can use certain java files it depends on but that's it?

It seems to be run in its own sandbox, personally I'm not worried about it at all. I haven't had any issues so far these past couple of months. So I'm hoping it's 100% fine. *fingerscrossed*