'Screw'ing up.

DenoCrafter

So, I'm doing my build for my brother today. And when I look at the manual of the case, it shows me to use the screws used to screw in the PSU (6#32*6, there is 20 of them) as well as screwing in the motherboard, I'm getting confused as there is another set of screws, the M3 that I usually see other cases use to screw in the motherboard. But that is only for SSDs and ODDs it said in the manual and the quantity is 20 of them as well. Why do I need 5 SSD? I'm not running a NAS. Btw the case is CoolerMaster Elite 311 Plus.

You don't. They're there in case you want to.

1 minute ago, Jade said:

You don't. They're there in case you want to.

That doesn't really help me, I'm just confused about should I use M3 or 6#32*6.

usually the manuel lays out which screws to use (you can pretty much use them interchangeably but they have a higher chance of stripping or getting stuck 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

26 minutes ago, DenoCrafter said:

they include it incase you lost some or what not, or to fill the entire case with drives, different people different need ya know

to see which screw is it, try screwing it in GENTLY, if it resist, change to the other one and try

if both is resisting... check if u mixed the two bags of screws

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

PSU and mobo use looser threads than what ODD, HDD and SSD use. You don't have to use every single screw in there. Those are just in case you loose some. Or want to install extra drives. Manufacturer doesn't know if case is going to be used as normal 2-3 drive gaming case or 5 drive NAS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv