Worse benchmark after overclock

CogitoErgoSum

Hello,

I'm wondering about the results of a benchmark. It would seem that my scores in Realbench get worse after I overclock my cpu and I'm wondering why. I have a 135,000 score at stock, and after overclocking, I've gotten anywhere from 66,000 at worst (with the highest overclock at about 4.6 ghz) to 125,000 at best (at about 4.3 ghz). I have since cleared the cmos and have gone back to stock till I can figure out what might have wrong. 

This is my first time overclocking, so I used the EZ overclock wizard in the bios, and then later, I tried the Asus AI suite 3 software. My build specs are

Maximus VIII Formula, 

Intel i7 6700K,

Cooler Master V8 GTS cpu cooler,

Cooler Master XB Evo chassis,

16 gb (4x4) of crucial ballistix ram,

Corsair Hx1050,

256 gb Samsung 850 Pro,

1 tb WD Black.

I also tried cinebench and got a score of about 930 stock, and about 960 at best (with an overclock of about 4.4 ghz.) Admittedly I only have a very general idea of what I'm doing, but for what it's worth, I've read through several overclocking tutorials. I would just like an idea if I'm doing anything wrong and what can I change to get better at this. 

Your power delivery and thermal throttling. have a look at that

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

I'd recommend overclocking your CPU manually, the auto overclocking doo-dah's set unnecessarily high voltages that cause your CPU to run hotter than needed, which could be contributing to why you're thermal throttling

i5-6600k @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i GTX + 2 x Noctua NF-A14's | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger | 

Corsair Venegance DDR4 8GB | ASUS GTX 970 Strix |Samsung 840 EVO 240GB + 1TB HDD | 

Corsair RM850 | NZXT H440 Black | 2 x Noctua NF-F12 + Corsair AF-140

When overclocking you may get lower scores if,

You're thermal throttling, - turn down the volts and speed.

Not enough volts, - up the volts a little bit and see if a better score is produced.

Base clock was changed which effected the HDD / SSD which is producing corrupted data transfer, - set the base clock back to 100.

RAM is set incorrectly, - make sure the ram is correct in bios.

Motherboard can't handle it (very rare as only really happens with cheap motherboards) - go down a notch.

or, you're barely stable. - go down a notch.

You should always manually overclock. What they provide to overclock is complete rubbish at best.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Okay then. I've never manually overclocked a cpu before, but I've got it insured by intel, so I guess there is no better time to learn how.