[Finished] DCCC-D, 800D, SLI

Squashie

Concept drawing for improved airflow to VGAs:

post-34256-0-21205600-1379377997_thumb.j

post-34256-0-08410300-1379378028_thumb.j

Its wider than the first build, i also extended the outlets and filled them with pipes(drinking straws). These pipes will prevent turbulence at the outlet and enforce directional flow, thus being more effective at the far end of the VGAs where the VRM is. 

My temps are good so i might build this just out of curiosity to see how much more efficient it is ;)

Great idea with the vents. Brown PCB *shudders*

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Very interesting and beautiful build, nice job mate.

Looking goooooood :D

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I love the lighting from above, reminds me of the sun shining through the tree

tops in a rain forest. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love the lighting from above, reminds me of the sun shining through the tree

tops in a rain forest. :wub:

How poetic :)

Got plenty of catodes and LEDs, greens and UVs, but chose to use only one strip of white LEDs. Its a huuge case in my livingroom, dont want too much blingbling..

Loving the vent idea, well done. :)

Love the vent, Also I like how subtle the lighting is and the fact that it is not green and just ruins everything else as with many builds...

Love the vent, Also I like how subtle the lighting is and the fact that it is not green and just ruins everything else as with many builds...

Thx m8 :) These builds are full of details so keeping it simple is important, can easily get crowded in there :P Shining green light on something green is never a good idea :P Used to work as sound/light man on concerts, picked up a trick or two there:P

Shining green light on something green is never a good idea :P

Too few people either know or respect this, but it's very, very true IMHO.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thx m8 :) These builds are full of details so keeping it simple is important, can easily get crowded in there :P Shining green light on something green is never a good idea :P Used to work as sound/light man on concerts, picked up a trick or two there:P

Too few people either know or respect this, but it's very, very true IMHO.

Yeah it's quite annoying TBH, it's not the first time you see a gorgeous build log with and excellent choice of parts that match the colour scheme and right at the end they fill it with bright LEDs with the same colour and they just ruin everything...

Awesome build, really love the color scheme and all the work you put in it :)

Congrats on BOTW!

Quick system specs: MotherboardAsus P5Q-PRO CPUIntel Q9550 @ 3.7 ghz GPUEVGA Geforce GTX 570 HD superclocked RAM6 gigs of ddr2-800 (ouch) DrivesSeagate 320 GB drive for windows and some apps, Seagate 1000 GB drive for games and documents OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit If you think its bad... it runs crysis 3 (almost) maxed out: youtu.be/dL3PNorbub8

Project [bBB]: This is a clickable link

Loved this build from the moment you started it, some of the ingenuity you put into it with the custom scoop for the cards. 

Making the fan actually look nice when sitting on the side, all the little stuff i'm just amazed by what a person can think of!

Btw congrats on the BOTW

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

ALL HAIL THE WHITE LIGHT!

*chants & hums meditatively*

:lol:

Thanks guys :)

Have been really fun to do this build, and the feedback/ideas this forum gives back awesome.

As i said before, universal blocks is a bit more work than full-blocks,

but i think i learned more this way than if everything was plug-and-play ;)

A decent upgrade to this system will most likely be way to expensive so i will probably not change anything for a good while, shame, cause its really fun to build computers ;)

Guess it wont be a Livestream this weekend as Linus seems to be in Hawaii..

1:39:45

looks pretty damn good

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

Are YT embedded videos working for everyone else? None of them seem to be working for me I just get a large blank area instead (I can follow the link to a video in inspect element). 

Are YT embedded videos working for everyone else? None of them seem to be working for me I just get a large blank area instead (I can follow the link to a video in inspect element).

Working fine for me.

I can't see them either...I think it's either a FF or adblock thing.

I can't see them either...I think it's either a FF or adblock thing.

Enabling adblock does not disable the YT vids for me, they still work

fine.