What's the best antivirus solution to pair with MalwareBytes Pro?

Avast Internet Security. Personally been using these combinations of two for few years now with no hiccup at all.

All of your facepalm, and I still don't give 2 shits and remain virus free. :) buzz off.

Congratulations on what might be your first passive aggressive ad hominum attack online. How do you feel?

And a slip up can always happen, but it hasn't yet.

And the point of running an antivirus program that doesn't hinder PC performance at all is to prevent those slip ups, instead of possibly losing all your data, having to reinstall windows, reformat hard drives and all the other fun stuff that might come with a random virus; which surprise, no one ever thought that they'd get.

Congratulations on what might be your first passive aggressive ad hominum attack online. How do you feel?

And the point of running an antivirus program that doesn't hinder PC performance at all is to prevent those slip ups, instead of possibly losing all your data, having to reinstall windows, reformat hard drives and all the other fun stuff that might come with a random virus; which surprise, no one ever thought that they'd get.

I have all my data backed up on external drives and SURPRISE, there is no problem in reinstalling should it ever happen because I have it backed. 

It's all individual, nothing is really required. 

Yes, something can go wrong, no, it's really not your place to care if it should happen to me.

I just use MSE with Malwarebytes on a win 7 pc for over 2 years with not a single problem. Whenever I tryed other antivirus software my pc would dramaticaly slow down and after some day the antivirus would act like it was bored :P

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Really? Been doing it for years. Had no problems... I occasionally run the free version of MalwareBytes.

Really know what I am doing here, viruses aren't that hard to avoid, If you download something, make sure it's trusted.

Don't open spam e-mail etc.

It's quite simple, otherwise I have been EXTREMELY lucky for the past 5 years. (If you don't believe me that is)

I wouldn't recommend it, but I can personally do without.

DL Malwarebytes right now and run a full scan. (It's free).

Then post a screenshot of the result. Don't be sneaky about it.

Pics or it didn't happen.

DL Malwarebytes right now and run a full scan. (It's free).

Then post a screenshot of the result. Don't be sneaky about it.

Pics or it didn't happen.

covhs1d.png

Now if you excuse me, I am severely drunk to the point of letting things fall and not being able to speak normally or walk any more, I am going to sleep now, good night sir.

covhs1d.png

Now if you excuse me, I am severely drunk to the point of letting things fall and not being able to speak normally or walk any more, I am going to sleep now, good night sir.

I still call shenanigans.

I still call shenanigans.

You're a shenanigan.

Because as I said, I already do runs of the free MB version. I just don't have a scanner.

You're a shenanigan.

Because as I said, I already do runs of the free MB version. I just don't have a scanner.

Your face is a shenanigan.

Your face is a shenanigan.

Your face is a shenanigan too!

Nuh uh!

It totally is!

• 3 weeks later...

Why are you using two antiviruses? Just stick with Malwarebytes Pro. It's the best you can get.

Have been doing some research into this topic to find the best security combo with Malwarebytes Pro and ran across this confirming that Malwarebytes is indeed not a replacement for antivirus software. I thought the same as you at first, but my aunt who works in IT told me it's not an antivirus, so I had to look it up for myself and she was right. I'm still searching for the best paid antivirus to pair with it, though. I don't really trust editor's "reviews" or any other sort of corporate these-are-clearly-paid-ads-and-not-legit-reviews, and don't really want to take the time to test them all out one at a time either. Does anyone happen to know any credible sources? I mean, there's got to be a tech company out there, that isn't some shitty magazine running off of ad revenue, that tests these things on various systems and produces empirical data on performance impact, detection rate, removal rate, etc. and reports conflicts with programs like Malwarebytes, should they exist. I feel like Malwarebytes is popular enough that there's got to be something out there that isn't just guess work, personal opinion, or blatant advertising, but google really isn't delivering for me.

• 2 years later...

Why are you doubting someone has never got infected by just using common sense and avoiding risky software? It doesn't matter how good your scanner is if it's PEBKAC.