EVGA 980Ti Hybrid - Fan Control

Go to solution Solved by verydogesuchwow,
2 minutes ago, Garrzilla said:

Can the fan on the radiator be plugged into Corsair link so I can control the speed myself? I will be overclocking this card

yeah it can

Can the fan on the radiator be plugged into Corsair link so I can control the speed myself? I will be overclocking this card

2 minutes ago, Garrzilla said:

yeah it can

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

Just now, verydogesuchwow said:

yeah it can

Ok, and will the fan on the radiator adjust its speed based on the load? How does that work

1 minute ago, Garrzilla said:

Ok, and will the fan on the radiator adjust its speed based on the load? How does that work

Not sure as I don't have the card, but if you have the header plugged into your motherboard (given your motherboard has a fan control app, ASUS for example does, MSI doesn't) you can control the fan speed

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

The included fan only has 2 pins (positive and Negative) for power, it does not have the much needed 3rd pin to tell the computer what RPM the fan is doing, this makes it impossible to control.

You're better off replacing the fan with a 3rd party 120mm one, if you're going to run it from the motherboard grab a PWM fan for better control.

I've got a Noctua NF-12 PWM on my GTX980ti Hybrid, it's plugged into my motherboard and control with speedfan based off GPU temps.

1 minute ago, Schoolofmonkey said:

The included fan only has 2 pins (positive and Negative) for power, it does not have the much needed 3rd pin to tell the computer what RPM the fan is doing, this makes it impossible to control.

You're better off replacing the fan with a 3rd party 120mm one, if you're going to run it from the motherboard grab a PWM fan for better control.

I've got a Noctua NF-12 PWM on my GTX980ti Hybrid, it's plugged into my motherboard and control with speedfan based off GPU temps.

I will be getting a Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition for the radiator.

7 minutes ago, Garrzilla said:

I will be getting a Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition for the radiator.

Perfect, so you're good to go ;)

5 hours ago, Schoolofmonkey said:

I did the same, but with EK Vadar fans (because I had them) with PWM and installed them in push/pull on the radiator. With a y-cable I connected them to the 2nd PWM fan connector on the mainboard.

With an adapter from moddiy.com I also connected the Hybrid pump to the mainboard.

With that and speedfan I can now perfectly control the pump and fans by the GPU temperature and in idle the system is super quiet (fans @350rpm).

4 hours ago, Dschijn said:

I did the same, but with EK Vadar fans (because I had them) with PWM and installed them in push/pull on the radiator. With a y-cable I connected them to the 2nd PWM fan connector on the mainboard.

With an adapter from moddiy.com I also connected the Hybrid pump to the mainboard.

With that and speedfan I can now perfectly control the pump and fans by the GPU temperature and in idle the system is super quiet (fans @350rpm).

What do you mean by the pump? I never have used a card this the Hybrid. What are the advantages of controlling the pump?

The watercooler on the GPU has a pump in it. The pump is audible and for a super silent setup you need to reduce the voltage for pump to make it run slower and quieter.