DIS PC Desk Prototype

AlexCom

Hello community!

Seems like forever since I started planning for this project, but I finally finished it and am ok with posting the pictures!

The desk I made is focused on lightweight and ergonomic design with removable legs. This is just a prototype and some mistakes are present, hopefully the next one will be a lot better!

IMG_9652.thumb.jpg.432193142307cac2fa752

IMG_9662.thumb.jpg.4205497074c8772dcd9a9

I work in freelance, architectural visualization, so that`s why I have two different monitors, one TN for gaming, one IPS for work. Seriously thinking of getting a wide IPS with high refresh rate.

Here are some details of the table:

IMG_9763.thumb.jpg.407b1cc0fdb7dcbb7ed01

IMG_9682.thumb.jpg.fa056ee02680f46db79b6

IMG_9642.thumb.jpg.b794829163ce3e1dc8e49

IMG_9743.thumb.jpg.bd66612b94bbb5df3e9b0

I`m not 100% ok with the lighting in the desk and thinking of getting HUE+ to light the whole thing. And some LED diodes to put in the waterblocks.

IMG_9675.thumb.jpg.0bb093ec71db01abbc276

Of course this little rascal joined the photoshoot... hehe.

Here are some beautyshots!

DSC01750.thumb.jpg.6e41733e20f44131fc09a

DSC01793.thumb.jpg.f6da1ba3d67de3a51e516

focusU.thumb.jpg.ed97c34ed278565bbf9881f

mobo.thumb.jpg.40d5ce76438268992184723e0

DSC01835.thumb.jpg.d0b8ac1eea08bd2343402

combined.thumb.jpg.071a994ed36e072de2f49

Full specs are:

Processor: i7 5820K @4.5 Ghz

Ram: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB DDR4 2660Mhz

Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe

Video card: 2x nVidia GTX 980 4GB (OC)

PSU: Corsair Professional Series Platinum HX1000i

Main Screen: ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q

Watercooling is mostly EK stuffs ^.^ (pm if you want more details about what parts)

I really really hope you like it!

This month I`ll start working on a build in another desk, with more custom stuff, so I`ll be sure to have a detailed build log if anyone is interested!

More details, if you want to follow me on facebook and/or the twitters: https://www.facebook.com/AlexC0man / @alexcomanM 

Thanks and have a great day,

Alex

More info about DIS All-In PC DESK here: www.DISpc.net

Sexy

Magical Pineapples

First....DAAMMMNNN look at those edges! 10/10 Second, what is the desk made of? The legs look super smooth.

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys!!! New buildlog hopefully in max two weeks! :)

• 8 months later...

Hello community!

After building another desk that was shipped to a gaming bar, here is me again revising my own desk.

My main problem with the desk I made was the fact that one video card is with waterblock up and one with waterblock down.. so I needed to search for a big a*s SLI brige to be able to put them like this. After being unsuccessful in hunting a big one down, and not being able to make myself one, I then searched for people that could maybe weld two together to make a longer one... I found someone that had the knowledge and tools to do it but he said that he's not risking it, and then the lightbulb moment, why not make a connector, like video cards have, to link two together, that might work, so here it is, my long sli cable! Made in Romania, printed in China, hehe.

long_sli_ribbon.jpg

I had to link three of them because they mirror themselves from one end to another, so linking two(at least I couldn't figure it out how) was impossible.

I actually went to a friend that has two 1080's to test them out. We used 3d mark to test with first his HBM, then with a normal Brige(actually, one of those to make up the long sli brige) and one with the actual long bridge.

Graphic scores were like this:

HBM: 21749

Single Brige: 21579

Long tripple Brige: 21623

Here is the actual piece that made it possible ( I still have about 8 of these):

IMG_0995.JPG

This was amazing.. no signal loss, no artifacts, no glitches, no nothing, it works perfectly!

Here is how it looks in the table, but I still have so many things to do... mount the monitor on the wall, paint the sli cable with plasti dip, get some nice LED's for the whole table... etc etc...

IMG_0998.JPG

Hope you like how it looks!

Alex