Python- Where should I start?

Beeeyeee

I have a Lynda.com account to start learning.. but where should I start if I want to learn Python? I don't have too much coding experience whatsoever.. I know a bit of HTML and I understand how coding works. I just don't know any languages. just wondering where to start and some key points of interest I should look out for :)

Im not sure what you mean by where to start. I'd suggest the bottom?
Only advice is that make sure you're using Python version 3.x not 2.x  where x is whatever.

Choose a Python for beginners or similar and watch it through beginning to end, make sure you're coding along with the person rather than just watching, just watching you'll never learn

I agree with @Toxicable, I'd start at the beginning especially if HTML is all you've done coming into it.

Work on outputting data, get user input, string/data manipulation, working with files. That kind of thing. If it's easy to start that's fine. You'll just move quickly through it.

1 hour ago, Toxicable said:

Im not sure what you mean by where to start. I'd suggest the bottom?
Only advice is that make sure you're using Python version 3.x not 2.x  where x is whatever.

Choose a Python for beginners or similar and watch it through beginning to end, make sure you're coding along with the person rather than just watching, just watching you'll never learn

well yes I know its the beginning. but like what are the beginning features called?

17 minutes ago, Beeeyeee said:

well yes I know its the beginning. but like what are the beginning features called?

For example https://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

Since you don't know any of the features or terminology I wouldn't look for anything specific, just look up Python for Beginners or similar and let them teach you what you need to know 

5 minutes ago, Toxicable said:

For example https://www.python.org/about/gettingstarted/

Since you don't know any of the features or terminology I wouldn't look for anything specific, just look up Python for Beginners or similar and let them teach you what you need to know 

thank you :)

12 hours ago, Beeeyeee said:

I have a Lynda.com account to start learning..

Surely Lynda has a beginners Python course you can use. After a quick search I found these 3 beginner courses

Here are some popular free books written to teach Python as well.

Finally, the official Python docs will be a very useful reference for you (written for both Python 2 and 3).

It doesn't really matter which version of Python you learn first, you can always learn the other later if you wish. Just know that there are some differences between the two versions. Sometimes examples written in Python 2 run in Python 3, sometimes they don't (and vice versa). So when you're searching/asking for help, running code, etc, be aware of which version you're using.

Hi , when I was learning how to program in Java I looked at Lynda.com but because they focus on such a variety of categories programming doesnt really get priority and there is NO Discussion  section if you get stuck or you dont understand something.I STRONGLY recommend this course https://www.udemy.com/python-the-complete-python-developer-course/  I took his Java and android courses and am now an expert . Dont waste your time with lynda.com ,  and udemy has a massive sale right now every course is £21!.

Hope this helps!