Looking for Sandisk SSD opinions

So yeah I'm very fussy about brands and tend to stick with what I know and trust, for SSDs that's usually Crucial or Samsung. This time however I am looking at getting a 1TB SSD and want to make sure its a good one that'll last a while, now the Crucial and Samsung options look great but the SanDisk offering is discounted at the moment and looks pretty decent.

What I'm after here is views from anyone who has used SanDisk SSDs (preferably long term)

How durable are they and if you have any means of comparison how do they stand up to Samsung or Crucial?

Would you recommend a SanDisk Ultra II SSD?

1 minute ago, Zahkyto said:

So yeah I'm very fussy about brands and tend to stick with what I know and trust, for SSDs that's usually Crucial or Samsung. This time however I am looking at getting a 1TB SSD and want to make sure its a good one that'll last a while, now the Crucial and Samsung options look great but the SanDisk offering is discounted at the moment and looks pretty decent.

What I'm after here is views from anyone who has used SanDisk SSDs (preferably long term)

How durable are they and if you have any means of comparison how do they stand up to Samsung or Crucial?

Would you recommend a SanDisk Ultra II SSD?

ive only ever used the 120gb model, and yea its ssd fast

Just now, Jer45 said:

ive only ever used the 120gb model, and yea its ssd fast

If you don't mind me asking how long you had it and have you used it pretty fully?

This drive will need to go it alone in a PC that's on almost 24/7 and will be pretty much filled with software so its got to be durable.

I've had a 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD in daily use since May 2012, it's got about 13,500 power on hours on it, does that count as long term? 

It's been absolutely perfect, it hasn't shown any signs of failure or any other weirdness. I also have a couple of 250GB Crucial BX100s, but they're both less than a year old and haven't had anywhere near the hard life the SanDisk has, that said, they've both behaved perfectly, too. 

I guess that could count as being used long term, I'm actually quite impressed.

To be honest at full price I was just going to get the Samsung but I've found the SanDisk reduced with £50 of it, works out at something ridiculous like 18p a GB and at that price its kinda hard to say no, especially if it performs as well as yours have done @Matt100HP

2 minutes ago, Zahkyto said:

I guess that could count as being used long term, I'm actually quite impressed.

To be honest at full price I was just going to get the Samsung but I've found the SanDisk reduced with £50 of it, works out at something ridiculous like 18p a GB and at that price its kinda hard to say no, especially if it performs as well as yours have done @Matt100HP

It's been flawless; I just worked it out and it's averaged over 9 hours of power on time every day for the past 3 years and 10 months. What's more, I have no reason to believe that it will stop working any time soon, it seems just as good as the day I got it. 

I'm not sure there's really much between the decent SATA3 SSDs though, they're all going to be much of a muchness in day to day use. 

Well my experience with crucial SSDs are great, 3 MX100s (2 x 128gb and a 256gb) from 2014, all have 5000+GB written to them with 1000+power on counts and 5000+powered on hours :D, not a single fault.

But with your actual question of Sandisk SSDs, have had a 120gb sandisk ultra 2 for basically a year in my server for OS , files I'm going to access again very shortly but just need it of my computer for now and all of the game servers I host (with my great 0.7 upload but with only 4 people connecting, they only experience a tiny amount of lag and 2 2tb HDDs as the NAS drives :D), 7000~hours turned on with 5000~GB of data written on it, still as fast (okay I'm not sure as the mobo is only a h61 mobo so sata 3gbps for the win) and no problems so far.

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

I've had the Ultra II 480GB for a short while now (3-4 months) and no problems (so far). The write speeds are kind of a joke, but they will be able to keep up with gigabit lan transfer speeds so you will be fine when transferring files and what not. The read speeds are fast and for $109 when I got it, I like it. There are some other ssd options like Silicon Power 480GB ssd for $99, which are just as likely to fail or die as my Ultra II. Just make sure you go through a retailer with a good return/replacement policy and you'll be fine if you backup your data on the ssd. Not a problem for me because it's used as my steam ssd :P

Here are MY read/write speeds

56e49741032fe_SandiskUltra2SSDStockSpeed

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

48 minutes ago, Zahkyto said:

-snip-

I only have the high end Sandisk SSDs, the Extreme 2 and the Extreme Pros. I have a Extreme Pro in my NAS server and it runs really well at 24/7 use. All three drives (One Sandisk 240GB Extreme 2, one 480GB Extreme 2, and one 240GB Extreme Pro) achieve over 500MB/s still. They run like tanks.

The SSDs I have all have over 9k power on hours, and the case of my desktop one (Extreme 2 480GB), I have 22TB writes / 14TB reads after a year of owning it.

The Ultra 2 is their mid tier series.

The Samsung 850 Evo is a very viable option too, but I'm pretty Sandisk biased so I prefer to buy Sandisk drives. I have built two PCs with the Samsung 850 Evo and they're worked great though. My cousin however, is one of the people that got plagued by the 840 series slowdown (Even with the updated firmware).

Plextor is a good option as well, but their SSDs are kind of old / they haven't made anything high end in a while (Still good enough though). Crucial is also great.

2 hours ago, Zahkyto said:

If you don't mind me asking how long you had it and have you used it pretty fully?

This drive will need to go it alone in a PC that's on almost 24/7 and will be pretty much filled with software so its got to be durable.

i used it for testing for 6 months and I BEAT the Hell out of it

i installed OSes about 10 times

i installed uninstalled drivers programs and transferred files as large as 10gb

and now i use it in my daily driver computer and right now the drive is 65% full, doesnt boot fast enough to partially skip the windows logo but thats because my mobo has sata 2 not sata 3. this was my first SSD

Ok well thanks a lot for all your help on this, I think I'll go for it if its still discounted on Monday.