Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

The water block's  :o

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Thanks everyone for the positives replies :D

I whacked out the Dremel earlier with my buffing wheel and got a nice shine on the Supremacy block, not required but i had time ;)

I'll continue sleeving this weekend, aiming to complete the 24-Pin & SATA Cables.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Build looks amazing Akula, definitely following this. I have an S3 planned and really like the way the Impact is laid out and looks, but my build is white/blue so the black/red wouldn't work too well. :/

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

Parts, Sleeving & Drama

Completed sleeving the 24-PIN ATX cable few minutes ago, my fingers are completely cut up now so i won't be getting around to the SATA cables this weekend.

Overall I'm relatively happy with the 24-PIN - it is'nt going to be as easy to manage once completely installed, as you can imagine the reservoir is blocking it's ideal path, but I'll work with it.

Remaining sleeving to be done listed below

• 8-PIN PCIE
  • 6-PIN PCIE
  • 4-PIN SATA x 2

I've chosen a new path for my front panel cables, before they were looping between the graphics card, now they are far more hidden to the side, I'll be re-sleeving these cables over the next few days.

I ordered some more components today, hopefully these will be the last components i order for the build.

• Himuro Mini 2.5"
  • Phoyba 180 degree SATA 15cm x 2
  • Primochill 3/8 x 1/2 LRT Advanced Clear tubing.

My radiator crises continues, EKWB apparently will have stock in the new few weeks, but this is seriously becoming a major hassle :(

Anyway i might upload some new photo's later on with a basic tubing route & 24-PIN showcase, see how I'm feeling.

Initial Tubing Routing

Decided to upload a few photo's of my initial plans for routing my tubing, i personally like larger loops rather than smaller, so i don't mind having larger looping tubes within my build, even if it does restrict performance by an inch.

I'll be installing my GTX Titan waterblock over the next few days and putting in within the system, should give people a better idea of the loop layout :)

As you can see with the position of the 24-PIN i still need to train the wires, the reservoir is quite close due to the limited space between the radiator & motherboard tray so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get that 24-pin to match up with the 8-PIN EPS :(

Overall I'm quite happy with this build, long way to go but it's been fun.

I may even consider buying a Monarch RAM block, depending on my final tubing layout it's a high possibility :D

8l15.jpg

myfh.jpg

r0d0.jpg

xfld.jpg

ssyd.jpg

rd7v.jpg

Awesome

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

I really like what you have done with the waterblocks. I was never really a fan of the frosted top design on them, and They recently released a 'Clean' version without frosting, but they way you have polished them up like this just makes them looks sooooooo much better! Love it!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

sick build mines gonna be really similar to it when i make mine. but just saying how are you planning to to fill the res with the only opening used????

This causes instantaneous hardware boners for me, it has become an issue.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I really like what you have done with the waterblocks. I was never really a fan of the frosted top design on them, and They recently released a 'Clean' version without frosting, but they way you have polished them up like this just makes them looks sooooooo much better! Love it!

Yeah it's what the blocks should have always looked like IMO.

Yeah it's what the blocks should have always looked like IMO.

True that!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Thanks everyone for the responses, nothing better than receiving positive feedback, help motivate for the next update quicker :D

Yeah the frosted design was the only reason i was held back from Plexiglass this entire time, i don't mind the Clean version although i actually like the CSQ Circles so i compromised :D

sick build mines gonna be really similar to it when i make mine. but just saying how are you planning to to fill the res with the only opening used????

Ahah yeah i ran into that hurdle the other day, no worries the back of the D5 pump has a Inlet i'll be using the slowly fill the loop, and i mean slowly.

Thanks everyone for the responses, nothing better than receiving positive feedback, help motivate for the next update quicker :D

Yeah the frosted design was the only reason i was held back from Plexiglass this entire time, i don't mind the Clean version although i actually like the CSQ Circles so i compromised :D

Ahah yeah i ran into that hurdle the other day, no worries the back of the D5 pump has a Inlet i'll be using the slowly fill the loop, and i mean slowly.

yeah i didnt realise it when i first saw but i was making sure you new :D

where did you find the fillport and what is it called??? been looking for it but cant find it

where did you find the fillport and what is it called??? been looking for it but cant find it

It came along with my Bitspower Reservoir.

Bitspower Z-250ml Full Acrylic.

Mercury S3

So i noticed i haven't really taken any photo's of the actual case throughout this build-log - Well these are the best progress/case shots i could come up, very dull outside so they may be a little darker.

I opted for the 26mm top on this case due to the space between the radiator and motherboard, nothing do i hate more thank cramped components.

Looking back, i should have bought the full side window on the left side for the showcase of the Himuro's, i may still do this but as of now i have both half windows.

On another note, i intend to install the waterblock for my GTX Titan this weekend, and hopefully complete all the sleeving within this build, which will leave just the radiator & tubing to install.

Fingers crossed.

9wse.jpg

khfh.jpg

cq6s.jpg

9snz.jpg

9ili.jpg

Caselabs pr0n shots... I always appreciate that. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Love that case  :o

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

To-do Checklist

Below I'll be listing what i require to basically complete this build, this is more for my own benefit, a way i control the build and aim to complete within a decent time frame.

95% of my parts have been ordered now, with the 5% usually being parts I've forgotten or change of mind.

Wiring remaining

• 1 x 6-PIN PCIE
  • 1 x 8-PIN PCIE
  • 1 x 5-PIN Straight SATA Power
  • 2 x 25cm SATA DATA

Remaining work to complete build log

• Fabricate remaining Himuro 2.5" mounting bracket.
  • Flush both EK Coolstream 240mm Radiator's
  • Cable management of power supply & fan cables.
  • Route tubing & Fill the loop
  • Install EK Titan Waterblock to GTX Titan

Aiming for build completion within the next two weekends, which will involve all minor details.

Wiring the Fans

Today i completed the wiring of my three Noiseblocker fans, I've re soldered each connector straight to the PCB.

Quite an easy task, i intend to sleeve them over the next few days, although in the past I've had the worst luck in regards to sleeving fans.

You might notice the glue residue ;) I'll keep that there for when i reapply the sticker :D

Completed sleeving the SATA Power cable.

ywdo.jpg

pkqy.jpg

9h92.jpg

sweet pictures :)

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

wow... this looks so amazing 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558