Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

A ...U ..

Another epic fellow Australian brother ?

Drops on knees and prays.

Teach me the ways of water cooling O'master

A ...U ..

Another epic fellow Australian brother ?

Drops on knees and prays.

Teach me the ways of water cooling O'master

Well, for starters he should teach you not to double post. :lol:

(Kidding of course, it has happened to me as well, such is the life on

se interwebz :D )

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Well, for starters he should teach you not to double post. :lol:

(Kidding of course, it has happened to me as well, such is the life on

se interwebz :D )

Such is the interwebz :D

Dude I love your copper *coughs* interest ;)

Such is the interwebz :D

Dude I love your copper *coughs* interest ;)

Indeed. Thanks, and now back on topic methinks. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Indeed. Thanks, and now back on topic methinks. ;)

Ahaha yes of course !

Dude btw as le name suggests ... I AM GREEK AND WE CREATED EVERYTHING ! ( People with Greek backgrounds will know).

Buts yeah I've also taken an interest in Greek mythology and my roots :)

Himuro Bracket

Just finished constructing the 3.5" Himuro bracket that will be mounted in the bottom section of the Mercury S3, very easy bracket to construct & mount, it fit perfectly.

Once again id like to give credit to this design to the owner of "MonsterITX" as this is the exactly same mounting style used within his own S3.

In short the mounting bracket is attached to the Mercury S3, and then the Himuro is attached to the side of the bracket, which was ideal as i was not interested in modding this case.

It's currently in the paint booth getting a coat of Matte Black.

I'm waiting on an order from PerformancePCS in regards to my 2.5" Mini Himuro that i will use on the opposite side for my SSD.

qn7y.jpg

lhup.jpg

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Reservoir & Pump

So I've finally been able to manage to install my pump & reservoir combo, I chose the Bitspower setup due to the extra height of the Bitspower Z Reservoir.

Personally i love it, i can tell straight away it's going to make cable management a nightmare down there as it's rather large but I'm up for the challange.

I've modded my Laing D5 Pump power cable straight into the power supply rather than creating extra mess with a molex connection.

Don't be fooled about the CPU block, that's getting swapped quick smart, as soon as my new Plexi blocks arrive i'll be getting to work on the polishing stage and then fitting it all up.

I'm actually considering swapping this power supply over with my old 1200w Silverstone - Why 1200w? I love to overclock, and i have already bottle necked my 650w Silverstone while pushing the GTX Titan & 2600k to it's limits. Just a thought, all depends if the 1200w will fit as it's a 180mm power supply.

o8nc.jpg

5nmr.jpg

q2hm.jpg

cpoi.jpg

kq3i.jpg

1r8v.jpg

I like that HDD silencer so much i may use one in my S3.......

Alatar reckons you can pull 500w with a heavy OC'd GK110 so I can see why you want to upgrade the PSU.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

Alatar reckons you can pull 500w with a heavy OC'd GK110 so I can see why you want to upgrade the PSU.

*gulp*

Good thing I'm not running Win, overclocking Nvidia GPUs has become practically impossible

on Linux last I checked. I may look into it once I actually have it all up and running,

maybe there are some workarounds via the BIOS. But still, running BOINC on those settings

would get me one massive (or rather: more massive :D ) power bill. Ah well...

*gulp*

Good thing I'm not running Win, overclocking Nvidia GPUs has become practically impossible

on Linux last I checked. I may look into it once I actually have it all up and running,

maybe there are some workarounds via the BIOS. But still, running BOINC on those settings

I must state that it wasnt clear as to the cooling,LN2 may have been involved.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

I must state that it wasnt clear as to the cooling,LN2 may have been involved.

Yeah, I figured something like that (because, you know, thermodynamic common sense :lol: ),

but still, some O/C'ing capability on Linux would be nice to have. Anyway, don't

want to derail the thread, I'll get back into it in my log once I actually get to that

stage.

I like that HDD silencer so much i may use one in my S3.......

Yeah i have to admit i was taken with the idea when i first saw it on OCN. Love it.

The Mini 2.5" Himuro is very hard to come by over in AU so looks like i'll be paying a fortune for shipping :(

Yeah I'm only using the 1006/439w Skynet Bios currently and that was drawing massive amounts of power when combined with a 5.0Ghz 2600k.

*gulp*

I'm not that familiar with Linux system, id assume a stock bios with a mild overclock would performs fine although?

Yeah, I figured something like that (because, you know, thermodynamic common sense :lol: ),

but still, some O/C'ing capability on Linux would be nice to have. Anyway, don't

want to derail the thread, I'll get back into it in my log once I actually get to that

stage.

Ahaha i don't mind talking about computer shit within my logs, it's when logs go completely offroad i get worried :D

You're in the clear mate :P

dat everything.....

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I'm not that familiar with Linux system, id assume a stock bios with a mild overclock would performs fine although?

From what I've been able to find out, the tool which was usually used for overclocking

Nvidia cards on Linux no longer seems to work with modern cards, and I've read in a few

places that this is because the newer drivers outright don't support overclocking on

Nvidia GPUs on Linux anymore. If this is right, I assume you'd somehow have to flash

a modified BIOS onto the card to be able to overclock your card independently of the O/S

(I'm assuming putting the card into a Win machine and overclocking it, then putting it

back into the Linux machine would not work? Not sure, and I may well try it out anyway).

It's been very long since I last had a high-end GPU, so I can't claim to have any experience

with overclocking current cards. Also, I've never actually flashed a GPU before (and

that's assuming overclocking via flashing would actually work), let alone one that cost

me 1150 USD. I wouln't necessarily want to make a paper weight from my Titan. :lol:

Ahaha i don't mind talking about computer shit within my logs, it's when logs go completely offroad i get worried :D

You're in the clear mate :P

Cool. Not much need to worry then. done.gif

Nice and black :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

8Pin Sleeving

Started my power supply sleeving on my 8Pin EPS cable last night, completed this morning, i was able to get a nice effect all throughout the cable, was a pain in the ass measuring each cable differently to account of the 275 degree bend from power supply to motherboard, but worth it in the end.

I'll pick up the sleeving in a few hours when i can feel my fingers again =/

Materials used listed below

• 16AWG 2.3mm diameter Hookup Cable
  • MDPC Black Sleeve
  • MDPC ATX Terminals
  • MDPC ATX Connectors

I was too eager to start sleeving that i decided not to wait for LC Teleios sleeving =/

9a5p.jpg

m7p3.jpg

Looks great I love black sleeving 

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Looks nice.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Lovely system  :wub:

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Cannot believe I'm saying this, but EKWB has really disappointed me this time around.

I ordered my remaining EK-Coolstream PE 240mm radiator on the 30th September as it was on Back Order from one of their direct retailers.

Now, my order has been cancelled due to stock shortage, 15 days later, with no ETA available on when this item will be back in stock, this is ridiculous.

This single item will be the reason i cannot complete my loop by the end of the month.

Cannot believe I'm saying this, but EKWB has really disappointed me this time around.

I ordered my remaining EK-Coolstream PE 240mm radiator on the 30th September as it was on Back Order from one of their direct retailers.

Now, my order has been cancelled due to stock shortage, 15 days later, with no ETA available on when this item will be back in stock, this is ridiculous.

This single item will be the reason i cannot complete my loop by the end of the month.

Hope an EK Rep see's this post. /Endrant

Ah, yes, the life of a water cooler is a hard one. I waited about two months for my

second Raystorm block IIRC. But I must admit I've gotten pretty used to it by now, I

appreciate punctual deliveries, but don't count on them.

Polishing EK Waterblocks

All my EK Waterblocks arrived today, was very eager to get underway with the polishing process, which is very easy to do. I'll list the requirements below.

• 2000 Grit Wet & Dry Sandpaper
  • Polishing Cloth (Microfiber) & Drying Cloth
  • 10 Minutes worth of your time
  • Meguiar's Ultimate Compound Polish (Other polisher's will work

The process is very easy, first it's just a matter of removing the EK badge with a sharp knife so you don't sand the metal finish on the badge.

I found wet-sanding the waterblocks was far more efficient, so id recommend personally.

You'll need to void the warranty on the waterblock by removing the Nickel/Copper heat-spreader so the Plexi block is separate, this is required as i found to have a nice transparent effect on the back of the waterblock also.

Wet Sand for 3-5 Minutes each side until you're happy with the result, rinse the block to get rid of any loose dust & material and begin polishing with whatever Polish you have chosen.

After a few Sanding & Polishing attempts you should have a transparent block :)

3ty9.jpg

m8xh.jpg

vajm.jpg

pqay.jpg

po0e.jpg

It honestly looks like you "fixed" the block design

Yup, IMO this is what these blocks should look like. Sure it's not that big

of a deal since it's a relatively easy mod, but if they made them stock like

this at least you wouldn't need to void the warranty.

Polishing EK Waterblocks

All my EK Waterblocks arrived today, was very eager to get underway with the polishing process, which is very easy to do. I'll list the requirements below.

• 2000 Grit Wet & Dry Sandpaper
  • Polishing Cloth (Microfiber) & Drying Cloth
  • 10 Minutes worth of your time
  • Meguiar's Ultimate Compound Polish (Other polisher's will work

The process is very easy, first it's just a matter of removing the EK badge with a sharp knife so you don't sand the metal finish on the badge.

I found wet-sanding the waterblocks was far more efficient, so id recommend personally.

You'll need to void the warranty on the waterblock by removing the Nickel/Copper heat-spreader so the Plexi block is separate, this is required as i found to have a nice transparent effect on the back of the waterblock also.

Wet Sand for 3-5 Minutes each side until you're happy with the result, rinse the block to get rid of any loose dust & material and begin polishing with whatever Polish you have chosen.

After a few Sanding & Polishing attempts you should have a transparent block :)

damn son!

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

These blocks looks soooo good, my god! :o

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900