Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

Nice rads.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I have seen problems with HW chips warping the PCB when delidded,just a heads up.

You can use a good fujipoly pad to go around the die,this is good for onboard VRM.

I have a S3/Impact build going too...im using a 7990 instead of a Titan.

Yeah i considered just using AS5 or MX-4 on the SMD caps along side the die, although I'm strongly considering the Fuji pads as i believe it will also help with stability of the chip.

Yeah I've seen your build on OCN, excellent mods ;)

Aha I'm Team Green i couldn't cross over to AMD so Titan it is :P

Very nice mate. Those fans look lovely.

Thanks bud, the Noiseblocker fans are my top choice for radiator fans, just so happens they are excellent looking too ;)

Those really are some nice radiators. :wub:

They sure are, EK have outdone themselves this time, as most people know when it comes to radiator's usually asthetics come last, EK has taken a page from Aquacomputer's book on this one and made them stylish.

Nice rads.

Cheers bud :D

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Yeah i considered just using AS5 or MX-4 on the SMD caps along side the die, although I'm strongly considering the Fuji pads as i believe it will also help with stability of the chip.

Yeah I've seen your build on OCN, excellent mods ;)

Aha I'm Team Green i couldn't cross over to AMD so Titan it is :P

A fellow OCNnrnrnrnrrrrrrrrrrr. B)

I dont have much bias when it comes to cards,whatever is within budget and the best available at that pricepoint.

the 7990 just.....is

The Titan,although mocked for its pricing,is a brilliant buy for someone that wants a workstation card on the cheap...Tesla is Tesla,regardless of badge.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

CSQ Fittings

Just arrived a few EK CSQ Fittings - I already had plenty of use left over from my previous build but i was able to get these dirt cheap from a friend, so why not?

Hopefully I'll start my wiring for the power supply tonight, I'll be using the heatshrink-less method which is more common nowadays, normally i would use heatshrink but i just don't have the time to ensure all lines are perfec this time round.

• Black 16AWG 1007 Hook up Wire
  • MDPC Male Crimps
  • MDPC Black Sleeving

So up until Oct 18th when my waterblock shipment is expected i can't see too much happening with the build, which is a shame because i normally don't like to take extended breaks while building, sure sleeving is going to take some time but still..

Painted the OCZ Vertex SSD in a "gloss" black although it's clearly turned into a matte black, which I'm quite happy with :)

3ypx.jpg

y737.jpg

Those professional pictures O.o

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

That black.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

That black.

I'm not one for much color ;) i must live a very dull life :D

Peripherals

Not much action happening with my build in the past 2 days, being the weekend means no packages arrive and the packages i require are the ones that move this build forward :(

I've done a small mockup of my fan cable placement on the top radiator, reasonably happy with the result, could be a little neater.

Thought it was a good time to perhaps upload a few snaps of my current peripherals that i use, i moved away from the Ducky Shine few months ago and landed my lands on the Corsair K70 Anodized Edition, at first i was a little disappointed with the lack of choice with the MX Keys but now I'm in love with Red's

The mouse on the other hand has been fantastic from the start, for one of their "budget" mouses this is the best I've ever had.

• Corsair K70 Black Anodized Cheery Red
  • Corsair M40 Raptor
  • Corsair "Compact" M2200 Mousepad

7ge2.jpg

7q2f.jpg

Himuro

I almost forgot, i received my Himuro yesterday, originally i planed to use this at a feature in the build, i intended to install it in the lower section where the hard-drive's are normally mounted although I'm having second thoughts.

I've seen a user do this exact thing before on OCN, but not sure how it will tie in with my build, not to mention id need to fabricate a mounting bracket, far to lazy for that..

Regardless i thought id get some photo's up for you guys anyway :)

2ap5.jpg

8upo.jpg

Himuro

I almost forgot, i received my Himuro yesterday, originally i planed to use this at a feature in the build, i intended to install it in the lower section where the hard-drive's are normally mounted although I'm having second thoughts.

I've seen a user do this exact thing before on OCN, but not sure how it will tie in with my build, not to mention id need to fabricate a mounting bracket, far to lazy for that..

Is the Himuro like an HDD heatsink/silencer?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Himuro

What is that? and where can I buy one?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

AGGHHH YOU QUOTED PICTUREEEESSsS

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Correct :)

My WD Red Drive is quite ugly, so it will look terrible if i were to install it like it is.

What is that? and where can I buy one?

Scythe Himuro 3.5" Harddrive Cooler/Silencer

I just goggled it and found the cheapest around.

You need to be seriously payed for your photo shoots

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

My WD Red Drive is quite ugly, so it will look terrible if i were to install it like it is.

Where do I buy one?

AGGHHH YOU QUOTED PICTUREEEESSsS

yeah, keep forgetting. On my phone... don't have my computer. Just edited it though

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Scythe Himuro 3.5" Harddrive Cooler/Silencer

I just goggled it and found the cheapest around.

Why don't you get a block from Bitspower?

That's nice.

Dominator's

Quick photo of my Dominator's with their respective heat-spreader put back on, i used these Dimms in the Akula project so they were used underwater for the most part.

Once again not much progress today, in fact this entire weekend next to nothing.

I've decided that i will be using the Himuro 3.5" Cooler - I'll need to fabricate a mounting bracket to seamless tie into the case, without any modding required, I'll also be purchasing the Himuro Mini 2.5" Cooler and do the same for the SSD.

Credit to "MonsterITX" - Longroadtrip @ OCN for the idea and inspiration for this part of the build, he has provided details on the mounting bracket which i intend to use within my own build.

Originally i intended to use MDPC sleeving for this build, although I've decided to switch to Lutro's LC Sleeving - A far denser & easier sleeve to work with, especially considering i intend to go heatshrinkless with my cables, needless to say I'll now have to wait even longer for sleeving to start.

I've been messing with my GTX Titan on my bench for the past few days while i wait for packages, this thing overclocks quite nicely, haven't came close to it's limits as yet due to the stock cooling it's currently using, although once under water i intend to push this card to it's limits.

Recently i just ordered some of my final parts required for this build.

• Bitspower 150ml Upgrade Kit
  • Bitspower V2 D5 Mod Top - Acetal

Now i have my reason's why i chose Bitspower for my reservoir & pump, EK's X3 Reservoirs seem to be slightly wider yet smaller than the Bitspower equivalent, i test fitted the EK x3 150ml Res and it didn't look right, far too small for the build so I've chosen the Bitspower alternative and it looks perfect.

lqup.jpg

looking really good =)
more pictures!

CPU: Intel i7-7700k @4.8 Ghz Motherbord: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: GeIL Super Luce 32GB 2400MHz | Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition |
 | SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB M.2 | Power Supply: Corsair HX850i 850W Platinum Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass |

CPU Block: Phanteks Glacier C350i GPU Block: Phanteks Full Cover GTX 1080 | GPU Back Plate: EK Full Cover EK-FC1080 GTX | Reservoir: EK RES X3 250 |
| Radiator: EK CoolStream SE 360 Slim Triple Rad | Pump: EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Plexi Tubing: EK DuraClear 8/8ID 1/2OD Tubing |
Coolant: Mayhems Non Stain Blue Dye + Distilled Water | Fittings: EK ACF 10/13mm Compression fittings black Fans: Corsair HD120 RGB & Phanteks PH-F120SP |

Monitor: 2x Samsung s34e790c (34" 21:9 3440x1440) Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma RGB  | Mouse: Razer Mamba Chroma RGB Mouse Pad: TSM Grunge |
Headset: Logitech G930 Wheel: Logitech G920 |

Dat ram.

Small update, I've received some parts for this build, still awaiting my Mercury S3 - 5 Business days and then some for shipping to AU.

• Intel Socket 1150 4770k
  • ASUS Maximus VI Impact
  • Silverstone Strider 650W Gold ST65F-G

Over the next few days i intend to test the 4770k to insure it didn't arrive DOA, if all goes well my plan is to delid the chip as i want the coolest temperatures for this mITX build.

I won't be reusing the Intel IHS, intending to use EK's Naked standoff's for this particular build.

Stay tuned for pictures soon.

A ...U ..

Another epic fellow Australian brother ?

Drops on knees and prays.

Teach me the ways of water cooling O'master

Small update, I've received some parts for this build, still awaiting my Mercury S3 - 5 Business days and then some for shipping to AU.

• Intel Socket 1150 4770k
  • ASUS Maximus VI Impact
  • Silverstone Strider 650W Gold ST65F-G

Over the next few days i intend to test the 4770k to insure it didn't arrive DOA, if all goes well my plan is to delid the chip as i want the coolest temperatures for this mITX build.

I won't be reusing the Intel IHS, intending to use EK's Naked standoff's for this particular build.

Stay tuned for pictures soon.

A ...U ..

Another epic fellow Australian brother ?

Drops on knees and prays.

Teach me the ways of water cooling O'master