Project Mercury - Caselabs S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan - Completed!

its builds like this That make me want to be better at building pcs xD

Very sweet. Builds like these give me inspiration to one day water cool a system.

That's just a beauty.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

If PCs had sex appeal...

Thanks buddy :D

its builds like this That make me want to be better at building pcs xD

Plenty of excellent builds getting around here lately that inspire me to up my game.

Very sweet. Builds like these give me inspiration to one day water cool a system.

That's just a beauty.

Just dive in mate, these days water-cooling is much safer than it used to be ;)

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Disaster!

Bitspower has let me down once again, with their shabby O-Rings.

While filling the reservoir, i got a nice free flowing leak, caused by the O-ring's between the Mod Top V2 & 150ml Top.

Let's just say i'll be having a word to a Bitspower rep if my components don't work, this is the second leak I've had with Bitspower products.

I'm hoping the massive pool of coolant that was at the bottom of the Mercury S3 hasn't managed to find it's way into my power supply.

This will be the last time i ever deal with Bitspower.

So now i wait for replacement mod top with new O-Rings, looks like it won't be filled tonight...

I must say I had to chuckle a bit when putting the last two posts into context:

Just dive in mate, these days water-cooling is much safer than it used to be ;)

Disaster!

<...leakage...> :o

Not that I disagree with your first statement, but you get my meaning I hope. ;)

Interesting to hear about BP not being perfect, up until now I had heard nothing

but praise for them. Sadly, the fittings I'll need for my build are only made by

BP (at least I have so far not found any alternate source).

Have you had any thoughts as to possible alternatives?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I must say I had to chuckle a bit when putting the last two posts into context:

Not that I disagree with your first statement, but you get my meaning I hope. ;)

Interesting to hear about BP not being perfect, up until now I had heard nothing

but praise for them. Sadly, the fittings I'll need for my build are only made by

BP (at least I have so far not found any alternate source).

Have you had any thoughts as to possible alternatives?

Yeah i think i Jinxed myself ahah ;)

I can see where the leak was caused, and why it was caused.

I believe the pressure from the top of the Reservoir put unwanted pressure on the O-Rings, which has caused them to flatten in the groove, which in turn caused the leak.

Might explain why Bitspower released a V2 Variant ._.

Well regardless, the build will be completed this Friday :D

This build is fantastic, I just purchased an SM8 and its an incredible case. I just bought the same res pump combo as you and had a leak. Mine was due to the fact of me not reading and getting the wrong Mod top for the bitspower Mod Kit. Cant wait to see it finished, unfortunate turn of events.

This build is fantastic, I just purchased an SM8 and its an incredible case. I just bought the same res pump combo as you and had a leak. Mine was due to the fact of me not reading and getting the wrong Mod top for the bitspower Mod Kit. Cant wait to see it finished, unfortunate turn of events.

I strongly considered the SM8 for my next case, I'm tossing up between the SM8 and the SM5, I guess I'll make that decision closer to the build date.

Caselabs are expensive, but the quality is fantastic.

I strongly considered the SM8 for my next case, I'm tossing up between the SM8 and the SM5, I guess I'll make that decision closer to the build date.

Caselabs are expensive, but the quality is fantastic.

Just depends on what form factor your going for really, but they are expensive but the quality is just amazing. Have not doubted my decision on purchasing a CaseLabs case. Looking forward to your next build  B)

Round 2

Going to attempt to fill the fill once again tonight, hope all goes to plans this time :D

Improved the system & leak tested once again..

Time will tell..

Notice 69 followers on this thread

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Completed

Filled the loop yesterday with next to no issues, came up rather nice if you ask me :P

Slow filling process due to the pump/res configuration but that's fine the air will bleed out eventually.

Overall I'm rather happy with the build, could use improvements and more time but it's good enough for me.

Onto the next build..

qcxs.jpg

4i8g.jpg

ix2p.jpg

nrq3.jpg

d5aj.jpg

9s8b.jpg

rkhi.jpg

hnbt.jpg

zjne.jpg

egld.jpg

zlat.jpg

- snip

That is.....beautiful. You've inspired me to build a completely watercooled PC this coming summer (just waiting for parts to release). I can't wait to see more builds from you :) Also, What do you with these PC's after you are finished?

Great looking build. I've been looking for a completed build in the S3!

I have the SM8 myself and it's really a thing of beauty. Only downside is it weights a freaking ton filled with 3 radiators! I can barely lift the thing off the ground and I'm sure I'll throw my back out one of these days. 

Have you thought about adding the pedal stool to it?

Oioioi, it's noice! thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love the red and black colors, SWeet build.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I feel like a lowly peasant now... Nice build though. I like it. :D OK, I love it...  :wub:

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Completed

Filled the loop yesterday with next to no issues, came up rather nice if you ask me :P

Slow filling process due to the pump/res configuration but that's fine the air will bleed out eventually.

Overall I'm rather happy with the build, could use improvements and more time but it's good enough for me.

Onto the next build..

You're a perfectionist, good enough for you is like way above the level of a god's idea of good enough...

Thanks everyone for the comments, means alot :)

I actually had to rush this build in the end which was disappointing, had some issues with my current machine and was left with nothing for days..

hnbt.jpg

zjne.jpg

If every EK waterblock would look that nice and polished , I think they would sell allot more ...I don't like the SCQ with the nickel plate in the midle :) 

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

The red really stands out against the black. I love it! Brilliant work!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

@Akula -- amazing job.  Would you be willing to discuss (one) aspect of the build quickly?

• Reservoir pump outflow -- looks deep inside the guts - any issues with routing or fittings in the (looks-to-be) confined spaces?