C++?

Beeeyeee

I have a great Idea for a Windows application thats pretty dang simple. I want to learn to code a bit for it.. but what language should I use? I'm assuming C++? I understand how code works, I just don't quite know any languages by heart. I have Lynda.com so I can learn there.

That really depends on what the program is like. Personally I would recommend C since that's the foundation for so many other languages, but if it is just a simple little program then it would probably be easier to do in Python.

Python is easy to learn and write in. 

What language you use is mostly down to personal preference. 

I personally started off learning Python, which I think is a good option for starting out since it's so intuitive and like natural english. But now I'm deep in C# and I've never looked back, if I can complete a task in C# then i'll use it.

Also I'm guessing that you're assuming to use C++ because you hear somewhere that it's used to make windows applications, well most languages can make applications with GUI's. C# can easily same as Python and obviously C++ so again that's why i'd say it's down to personal preference.

However C++ (as far as I know) cannot do web applications, where as both Python can C# can, which is always something to consider. Most of my personal project's I've just made into web apps since it's so much easier to share

Python's easy to learn and use as most of the more complex and often tedious stuff is hidden away and done automatically. If you don't know any language well then Python would be the best option. C++ would work too but you'd have to do a bunch more stuff. Either way making the program object orientated would probably make sense and should be less work. If you don't know what object orientated programming is then you really should just use Python since then you wouldn't have to worry about classes and be able to just make everything with functions. I guess you don't have to use classes in C++ but classes are certainly more empathized in C++ than in Python. That said I don't actually know C++. I really want to learn it but for now I only know Python and about a semester of Java.