Best Mouse for FPS gaming

HalfOfALifeLeft

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the best mouse for FPS gaming is. I would really like a mouse that is asthetically pleasing but also one that is at least 5000 DPI. What are your suggestions? 

6 minutes ago, HalfOfALifeLeft said:

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the best mouse for FPS gaming is. I would really like a mouse that is asthetically pleasing but also one that is at least 5000 DPI. What are your suggestions? 

peripherals are really a personal preference thing...

but perhaps u can check out the razer's death adder?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1. Handsize

2. Gripstyle

3. What games

4. Do you want software?

5. "Atleast 5000dpi" m8 what monitor resolution are you using?

You should check out Ed's video about the mouse he uses for CS GO (he's global), I think it's the final mouse or something like that (there was also a new version of the mouse and he reviewed it too).

Deathadder is nicely shaped mouse with good sensors but the Quality control isnt there. 

Far as FPS games, DPI isnt so much important as a good sensor with no acceleration and accurate tracking. I game with like 1600 DPI and really low sensitivity. Most others I know use between 400-3200. (3200 is really pushing it).

Finding the best fps gaming mouse for you.

Step 1: If possible, go to a store (like Best Buy, Micro Center, or even some walmarts) or use a friends mouse to see what you like and is comfortable to use. All subjective because everyone holds, uses, and picks up mice differently. Get a feel for what you really like.

Step 2: Do a little research. Once you find the one you like, search around and see what sensor it is and just learn a little about. 

Step 3: Buy it.

Just as general suggestions: Mionix Naos 7000, Mionix Castor, Logitech G502, Zowie mice, Steelseries, Roccat. 

3 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

1. Handsize

2. Gripstyle

3. What games

4. Do you want software?

5. "Atleast 5000dpi" m8 what monitor resolution are you using?

1. I have medium sized hands.

2. I use palm grip. (its the one where most of your hand is on the mouse?)

3. COD and CS:GO mainly. lots of First Person Shooter games.

4. I'm fine either way. I currently have the Redragon (centrophorus?)

5. I have a 4K 15.6 inch laptop monitor at ~280 PPI

What do you guys think about the Mad Catz RAT Pro series?

3 hours ago, Jonnyswboy said:

Zowie, also you don't need or want 5k dpi. 400 is plenty.

I personally cant stand slow DPI. I prefer the high DPI levels because I like to not have to move my hand much to aim and move around.

Palm grip, look at the mionix naos 7000. Most comfortable mouse for me. Might be big for your hands. The castor is also very good.

The mad catz stuff looks way over priced for a 3310 sensor which is all your performance. If you like the looks of it go for a g502 which arguably has the best sensor on the market. 

1 hour ago, HalfOfALifeLeft said:

I personally cant stand slow DPI. I prefer the high DPI levels because I like to not have to move my hand much to aim and move around.

Higher sensitivity means less room for correction when lining up a shot, something to keep in mind.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

4 or 5 years 3 mice. 9am till evening (work and play). Death Adder took the hammer on all 3 for me.

1st got hammered on a drunk session and i gave away.

2nd is still in use for long distance use from sofa, few people have stepped on it and it's a bit sluggish on right mouse click now but i just give it a smash against the wall and its ok again.

3rd is my active daily driver for work and play, 08:00 to :09:00 pre work, 09:00 to 18:00 work, 19:00 till late game on, if I dont choose to code like the programming junkie that I am. She lives, she's strong, and she's doing me proud.

There will be another Death Adder in my future.

Bought a few others along the way to see, but... no... Logi, wireless, something else i cant remember etc, no...... Death Adder it's primitive but it's spot on, fast good for gaming, photoshop and swinging it around by the cable when i got nothing to do.

I' recommend either a Mionix Castor or Zowie EC-2a. SteelSeries Rival 300 also gets a shoutout. Personally I can't use any of them cuz I fingertip grip so I use a Razer Orochi but thats me

5 hours ago, HalfOfALifeLeft said:

1. I have medium sized hands.

2. I use palm grip. (its the one where most of your hand is on the mouse?)

3. COD and CS:GO mainly. lots of First Person Shooter games.

4. I'm fine either way. I currently have the Redragon (centrophorus?)

5. I have a 4K 15.6 inch laptop monitor at ~280 PPI

What do you guys think about the Mad Catz RAT Pro series?

Mad Catz RAT pro series is crazy expensive and are heavy as fuck. And Mad Catz reputation is not exactly good.

The Deathadder will probably be to large for you

Zowie mice dont exceed 3200dpi

Some i would consider

Steelseries Rival 300

Qpad DX20

Mionix Castor
Corsair Sabre RGB Optical

Logitech G303 <--The werid shape is worth getting used to

Logitech G402

Logitech G502 <--Not my personal pick, since its very heavy but its a really good mouse

Asus Gladius <--116g so fairly heavy

Asus Strix Claw

Ducky Secret <--Also heavy
Roccat Kone Pure Military

If you like full palm support

Qpad 8k Optical

Mionix Naos 7000

9 hours ago, sobe said:

Higher sensitivity means less room for correction when lining up a shot, something to keep in mind.

I have found that making one of the side buttons a "quick DPI change" is helpful.

5 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

Mad Catz RAT pro series is crazy expensive and are heavy as fuck. And Mad Catz reputation is not exactly good.

The Deathadder will probably be to large for you

Zowie mice dont exceed 3200dpi

Some i would consider

Steelseries Rival 300

Qpad DX20

Mionix Castor
Corsair Sabre RGB Optical

Logitech G303 <--The werid shape is worth getting used to

Logitech G402

Logitech G502 <--Not my personal pick, since its very heavy but its a really good mouse

Asus Gladius <--116g so fairly heavy

Asus Strix Claw

Ducky Secret <--Also heavy
Roccat Kone Pure Military

If you like full palm support

Qpad 8k Optical

Mionix Naos 7000

I like the design of the G502 but for the RGB version the price still reaches around $100 (last time I checked) also is the RAT 9 bad like the RAT Pro series? or is it better?

2 minutes ago, HalfOfALifeLeft said:

I like the design of the G502 but for the RGB version the price still reaches around $100 (last time I checked) also is the RAT 9 bad like the RAT Pro series? or is it better?

RAT 9

What is wrong spec wise:

Laser sensor

Its wireless

Customer experience seems to be aids as well

Just now, HydraGaming said:

RAT 9

What is wrong spec wise:

Laser sensor

Its wireless

Customer experience seems to be aids as well

whats wrong with wireless laser? is there just a compatibility issue? im just curious. I do actually have computer experience but im terrible with peripheral things.

Sensors are very very important for FPS gaming. AFAIK laser sensors still have built-in hardware acceleration, and so do not track perfectly 1:1. FPS users should avoid them. There are a few known good sensors that you should stick to, and they include the proteus core of the G502 and G303, the Pixart & Avago 3310, the Avago 3090 (older). I don't know if there are any more that are considered "perfect."

I actually do want something wireless as the wires keep getting tangled on my desk. also does anyone know which sensor the RAT 9 uses? I couldnt find that on their website.

Wireless is not good for FPS gaming. No matter what you do, there'll be some input lag, and I'm not aware of any wireless mouse with a good sensor.

5 minutes ago, HalfOfALifeLeft said:

I actually do want something wireless as the wires keep getting tangled on my desk. also does anyone know which sensor the RAT 9 uses? I couldnt find that on their website.

Many people are complaining about poor battery life, unstable and unreliable connection, lag and just weird sensor behavior.

If you dont want your cable to snag on stuff, either de-clutter your desk or get a mouse bungee.