Why many people got banned from gta 5 for no reason

maria2244

I'm afraid to buy the game because of this watch steam 100s of got banned for no reason topics

I'm MARIA 23 years old Girl (Female) .

Christmas is all about hope , and that hope is NOT possible without JESUS king of kings . I love Christmas .

I suspect their making it all up. That they were infact cheating or taking advantages of cheaters.

I got caught for cheating 2 times and im on my last leg. However there is no reason for me to cheat anymore.

I didnt use it to get an advantage over players. Like godmode and noclip etc. Thats just ultra lame. I just didnt had the patience to grind out money and rp.

probably people running mods and stuff

if you just play the game as it comes, and dont fuck around with it, you wont get banned

i dont know a single person who has been banned

its an awesome game also

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

"For no reason"

Yeah right :)

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

There were previously news articles about GTA V banning people who had modded games, without any warning, and including for having mods that don't do anything to give a player an advantage in game. The banning is automatic, so a person might not have been aware that they were at risk of being banned before it happened. RS is pretty intolerant of running modded games.

wcMiMNQ.png

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's more likely VAC's detection over Rockstar.

GTA V doesn't use VAC, but uses Rockstar's own detection.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I thought VAC was on every game.

It's an optional Steamworks component. Steam games may or may not use it, just like they may or may not use Steamworks.

http://www.steampowered.com/steamworks/

45 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I thought VAC was on every game.

Nope

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

We established that.

wow sorry , didn't see the reply above

"no reason". Technically speaking, there is. They got banned for trying to use a mod online. R*'s anti-cheat system is brutal. It'll hit you for even a simple mod that affects no one, but that's just the way it goes, you shouldn't be trying to take mods online anyway.

No doubt that some of them didn't have malicious intentions. But I suspect a large majority of those people are those that either cheated, had malicious intentions (God mode, aimbot, ect..) or just flat out didn't bother trying to resolve it with R* support, not saying that they'd do anything, but you never know.

The fact is, as long as you don't do stupid shit online, or try to take a mod online, you wont get banned.

I am playing GTA 5 from a very long time and I have not seen any kind of issues.

I think you should contact to support staff and will get a relevant reason of it.

Thanks.

You can't blame rockstar for wanting a level playing field online....

If you want to mod the game, download the crack for the game, make a duplicate folder, and mod the shit of your cracked version and use your legit for online....

Simples, shame that rockstar could not separate the online and offline components of the game though.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 hour ago, super_skank said:

You can't blame rockstar for wanting a level playing field online....

If you want to mod the game, download the crack for the game, make a duplicate folder, and mod the shit of your cracked version and use your legit for online....

Simples, shame that rockstar could not separate the online and offline components of the game though.

They could have easily separated them. Simply restrict running mod/cheat detection to whenever the online component of the game is running and forego it when it's not.

Ultimately though, Rockstar is clearly anti-modding, despite the fact it's apparently pretty easy to do in the game. There are plenty of other online games available that allow mods... hell, some of them even have workshop support. Rockstar could take that road and enable VAC if they really wanted to, but they choose not to. Probably just too stubborn.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

the only thing i did was load a downloaded save. And got banned 2 times. I level 34 fyi.. They do ban without reason

CPU:  i7 5820k  @4.0Ghz Cooler: Thermaltake Nic C5 Motherboard: MSI X99A SLI PLUS  Ram: 8 gb @2133Mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 @1560  Case: Proprietary Sun Ultra 24  Storage: HyperX 120gb & 1 TB WD Green PSU: Cooler Master 550w 

11 hours ago, Kevin_Walter said:

They could have easily separated them. Simply restrict running mod/cheat detection to whenever the online component of the game is running and forego it when it's not.

Ultimately though, Rockstar is clearly anti-modding, despite the fact it's apparently pretty easy to do in the game. There are plenty of other online games available that allow mods... hell, some of them even have workshop support. Rockstar could take that road and enable VAC if they really wanted to, but they choose not to. Probably just too stubborn.

They aren't anti modding as such, just anti modding and using them online, which is perfectly fair....

If they allowed mods online, the game would be a fucking trainwreck........

The fact its so easy to mod the game shows that they are happy for you to mod the game and play offline....

If you are stupid enough to take mods online and then you deserve to get banned...

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

On 11/03/2016 at 0:31 PM, Delicieuxz said:

There were previously news articles about GTA V banning people who had modded games, without any warning, and including for having mods that don't do anything to give a player an advantage in game. The banning is automatic, so a person might not have been aware that they were at risk of being banned before it happened. RS is pretty intolerant of running modded games.

It's not hard to read the ToS/EULA/whatever they want to call it. It will state in that, that people cannot use mods; they had a warning they just chose not to read it/ignore it.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

1 hour ago, danhulud said:

It's not hard to read the ToS/EULA/whatever they want to call it. It will state in that, that people cannot use mods; they had a warning they just chose not to read it/ignore it.

Probably around 98% of people don't read ToS or EULA. Publishers know this and expect it.

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Probably around 98% of people don't read ToS or EULA. Publishers know this and expect it.

Their (the none readers) loss then. Even if people didn't read it I seem to remember seeing articles about how Rockstar aren't going to allow modding.

and we will live such tragedy in perpetuity.

Thing is, R* had openly said that any kind of modding is banned on the online version of the game. They can't babysit everyone and have some sort of algorithm to figure if your mod gives you an unfair advantage or not.. They just check if the game has been messed with in any way and ban. After that first ban wave a good while back there was a huge outcry and they just went out and said no modding in online version, so people should just deal with it.

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

On 12/03/2016 at 0:21 PM, costacis21 said:

the only thing i did was load a downloaded save. And got banned 2 times. I level 34 fyi.. They do ban without reason

use your own save :P

4 hours ago, SaladFingers said:

Thing is, R* had openly said that any kind of modding is banned on the online version of the game. They can't babysit everyone and have some sort of algorithm to figure if your mod gives you an unfair advantage or not.. They just check if the game has been messed with in any way and ban. After that first ban wave a good while back there was a huge outcry and they just went out and said no modding in online version, so people should just deal with it.

Which is the right way to deal with the situation if you ask me. If they allowed modded textures, fov adjustments or something harmless, someone would probably come up with an injector that abuses this system too. There's enough cheaters in GTA O as is.

144Hz goodness

If they were more lenient with their ban policy, Online would be even more flooded with hackers than it is now, and people would be giving down votes on that account in stead. I kinda like their no-bullshit approach, it keeps the worst bunch out. That being said, I would also have liked to be able to mod the game, and for Rockstar to have thought of a way to cater to both audiences. I don't see why we shouldn't be able to mess about with cheats and trainers in a private Online session, but I get that it's difficult to manage in its current form.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods