Best graphic in game

Stephg2525
Go to solution Solved by Stuntz,

In terms of pure fidelity

(HEAVILY) Modded Skyrim, Project Cars is quite the looker too.

Rise of the Tomb Raider:

omz8cHD.jpg

kztQBnu.jpg

Modded Witcher 3: 

32k6Xpf.jpg

yap4fWf.jpg

The Division:

cKg8w34.jpg

50gMbd3.jpg

Ee0PwzO.jpg

Little unfair toward the division there - I took those screenshots on my mini-rig, it's got nowhere near the power of my primary pc, so it's just 1440p / ultra, whereas the others are at 5k. But I'll say this much - it's been downgraded from the E3 demo (the witcher too!), but it still has the most impressive smoke effects I've ever seen in a game. You won't see much from those screenshots, though you'll see that there's realtime shadows on the smoke in the 3rd pic. It's really impressive stuff in action.

And sadly I lost my Skyrim install to a failed hard drive a few months back and never had the heart to reinstall and redownload all the mods.

There's always Crysis 3 to fall back on too.

I'd mention Star Citizen, but it's still in the earliest possible alpha stage, not a fleshed out game yet, and with a lack of AA functionality and/or an options menu, you can only go so far.

FC:Primal/FC4 have some nice moments, as does dying light enhanced edition, but 1 has some low quality textures and a lack of decent tesselation in spots, and 1 has some low quality QA staff and a lack of decent pc support.

There's also Evolve - but it has no player base, so that'd be pointless.

Then there's gta V. Like the witcher 3, its fidelity ain't quite a match for some newer releases, but the sheer scale of the world and some of the attention to detail make it stand out.

Quantum Break is coming, if you can stomach the windows store limitations and the (high) possibility of a crappy console port.

Did I miss anything major?

Hi guys, i just get my new pc and i wonder what game to play :) 

So what game have the nicest graphic to date ? 

Any type of game...

maybe: The Division, Battle Field 4, Crysis 3, tomb raider ? Any other suggestion ? 

A heavily modded Skyrim, if you're willing to put the effort into it. To say the game engine is starting to show its age would be an understatement, but with the right set of mods, Skyrim is still the undisputed king of graphical fidelity on the PC.

Besides that, the new Star Wars: Battlefront has to be one of the best-looking games of all time. It's a shame the game itself is trash, though. 

For an incredible balance between a high-quality game and incredible graphics, grab yourself a copy of The Witcher 3, and get Essenthy Onigami's Super Turbo Lighting Mod. The installation is drag-and-drop, and it makes the game look just like the E3 demos of it (i.e; before the downgrade).

Rise of the tomb raider has the best graphics...like...by far.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Rise of the TR looks badass. Witcher 3 looks nice too.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Don't know about Just Cause 3 but I thought Just Cause 2 was the best looking game for a long time. Although recently I played Arkham Knight and if you're willing to put up with the very minor hitches some scenes in that game look better than anything I've seen before in a video game.

Any Crysis, The Witcher 3, Skyrim with hella mods, and Minesweeper.

Spoiler

Before the Xbox / PS3 consoles made gaming console-centric, the best looking games would be the ones that released most recently, with each new release out-doing the others. Graphics hardware also progressed much faster then than now. It took 10 years to go from Quake 1 to Crysis. It has taken the next 9 years to go from Crysis to... a bit better than Crysis. 

The very best looking games available today probably include these:

Crysis 1

Crysis 3

Ryse Son of Rome

Witcher 3

GTA V

Star Citizen

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Battlefront

Unreal Tournament 4

And whatever else people like. I hope that graphics will be pushed more than they have for the previous many years, once Pascal and Polaris release - and that Pascal and Polaris will also push graphics hardware in a manner which hasn't been seen since the pre-Crysis days.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

I have played many games but I think Dota 2 is more effective and quality graphics as compare to others.

The new Star Wars Battlefront game is probably the best looking game out there, but the gameplay is fairly mediocre.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I loved the graphics in the division beta.. it just looked amazing!

17 hours ago, Quibiss said:

Never ever recommend the PC version of Arkham Knight.

When I played the PC version of Arkham Knight I only encountered a bit of stuttering and occasional crashes. It's not great by any means but still very much playable. And I do think that game has some of the greatest graphics I've ever seen. Flying and driving through the city is so beautiful. To disregard it solely on performance issues would be a shame.

AAA11B1ACD29E4773D97FA8C5183066AEB94A369

FA1C87B83A2994BBD79EEFBE5C7573E00124A224B142D01A0FE4F87E0A43913960AEF5B8FED054D9

In terms of pure fidelity

(HEAVILY) Modded Skyrim, Project Cars is quite the looker too.

Rise of the Tomb Raider:

omz8cHD.jpg

kztQBnu.jpg

Modded Witcher 3: 

32k6Xpf.jpg

yap4fWf.jpg

The Division:

cKg8w34.jpg

50gMbd3.jpg

Ee0PwzO.jpg

Little unfair toward the division there - I took those screenshots on my mini-rig, it's got nowhere near the power of my primary pc, so it's just 1440p / ultra, whereas the others are at 5k. But I'll say this much - it's been downgraded from the E3 demo (the witcher too!), but it still has the most impressive smoke effects I've ever seen in a game. You won't see much from those screenshots, though you'll see that there's realtime shadows on the smoke in the 3rd pic. It's really impressive stuff in action.

And sadly I lost my Skyrim install to a failed hard drive a few months back and never had the heart to reinstall and redownload all the mods.

There's always Crysis 3 to fall back on too.

I'd mention Star Citizen, but it's still in the earliest possible alpha stage, not a fleshed out game yet, and with a lack of AA functionality and/or an options menu, you can only go so far.

FC:Primal/FC4 have some nice moments, as does dying light enhanced edition, but 1 has some low quality textures and a lack of decent tesselation in spots, and 1 has some low quality QA staff and a lack of decent pc support.

There's also Evolve - but it has no player base, so that'd be pointless.

Then there's gta V. Like the witcher 3, its fidelity ain't quite a match for some newer releases, but the sheer scale of the world and some of the attention to detail make it stand out.

Quantum Break is coming, if you can stomach the windows store limitations and the (high) possibility of a crappy console port.

Did I miss anything major?

9 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Before the Xbox / PS3 consoles made gaming console-centric, the best looking games would be the ones that released most recently, with each new release out-doing the others. Graphics hardware also progressed much faster then than now. It took 10 years to go from Quake 1 to Crysis. It has taken the next 9 years to go from Crysis to... a bit better than Crysis. 

The very best looking games available today probably include these:

Crysis 1

Crysis 3

Ryse Son of Rome

Witcher 3

GTA V

Star Citizen

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Battlefront

And whatever else people like. I hope that graphics will be pushed more than they have for the previous many years, once Pascal and Polaris release - and that Pascal and Polaris will also push graphics hardware in a manner which hasn't been seen since the pre-Crysis days.

Yeah I agree. Graphics needs to be pushed harder like in the Crysis 1 days. One of my ideas to do that is to implement real-time ray tracing through a heavily modded AMD FireRays, which you can find in the GPUOpen suite. The engine I am sure to use the most is the CryEngine for that matter, but some of my other games will be using the Unreal Engine 4 (CryEngine for all of my games with graphics balls to the wall, UE4 for all of my more mainstream games)

Technologies I plan to use in my games (FireRays is excluded for all of my UE4-powered games)

Nvidia GameWorks

VXAO

CUDA

VXGI

PhysX

AMD GPUOpen

TressFX

FireRays

A mix of GameWorks and GPUOpen doesn't sound so bad IMO, but if Nvidia has to make me use all of their effects, then I will decline and use all AMD effects. Think about it, best of both worlds? Can't pass that up xD. With GPUOpen effects, those can be modified to run on Nvidia GPUs with a few tweaks, optimizations, and also the implementation of CUDA so that it runs well, and have it to where that it detects which GPU you're running so that you get the best experience out of the game (e.g. If a game detects Nvidia GPU, it will enable CUDA. If a game detects AMD GPU, it will use stream processors.)

So how does my idea sound?

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that aside from all of my games being primarily DirectX 12, they will also have Vulkan for those on older operating systems as well.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

7 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

Yeah I agree. Graphics needs to be pushed harder like in the Crysis 1 days. One of my ideas to do that is to implement real-time ray tracing through a heavily modded AMD FireRays, which you can find in the GPUOpen suite. The engine I am sure to use the most is the CryEngine for that matter, but some of my other games will be using the Unreal Engine 4 (CryEngine for all of my games with graphics balls to the wall, UE4 for all of my more mainstream games)

Technologies I plan to use in my games (FireRays is excluded for all of my UE4-powered games)

Nvidia GameWorks

VXAO

CUDA

VXGI

PhysX

AMD GPUOpen

TressFX

FireRays

A mix of GameWorks and GPUOpen doesn't sound so bad IMO, but if Nvidia has to make me use all of their effects, then I will decline and use all AMD effects. Think about it, best of both worlds? Can't pass that up xD. With GPUOpen effects, those can be modified to run on Nvidia GPUs with a few tweaks, optimizations, and also the implementation of CUDA so that it runs well, and have it to where that it detects which GPU you're running so that you get the best experience out of the game (e.g. If a game detects Nvidia GPU, it will enable CUDA. If a game detects AMD GPU, it will use stream processors.)

So how does my idea sound?

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that aside from all of my games being primarily DirectX 12, they will also have Vulkan for those on older operating systems as well.

If it works, why not? What kind of games are you making?

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

The Witcher 3, new Tomb Raider, Battlefield 4 (which is kinda sad because the game is almost 3 years old...)

On 3/11/2016 at 3:00 AM, Delicieuxz said:

If it works, why not? What kind of games are you making?

In the future? With all GameWorks and GPUOpen effects I listed out, they will be sci-fi shooters on the CryEngine, and for my action role playing, hack and Slash, and dungeon crawlers, Fire rays will be absent and will be powered by the Unreal Engine 4.

I'm also in college still and I'm looking forward to doing a collaborative project with one of my friends and my brother using all the aforementioned effects and CryEngine, and design an game area of one of my games I plan on making. 

With my shooters in general, all of them will be pushing the hardware right to their limits, while remaining scalable to that kind of level like Rise of the Tomb Raider. With the implementation of a heavily modified Fire rays, I am not sure if the hardware yet exist to run it off of one card, or maybe two. But I will be able to showcase how far graphics hardware has come, and maybe it's about time to push that envelope again like what Crysis did 10 years ago, but with FireRays because I believe we are getting closer to real-time, more physically correct forms of ray tracing. But yeah when I test out what I listed in the second paragraph here, I may need a 6-core Intel Core i7-5930K or Core i7-6850K, 4-way SLI rig with four Titan X GPUs to run it maxed out at 4K resolution since it is going to end up eating more than 6GB of VRAM, and maybe 32GB of system memory, could just get away with 16GB. What do you think for now? And all of the textures for all of my games will be bitmap textures.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

On 3/11/2016 at 5:23 PM, Aytex said:

Far cry primal

That game honestly looks like shit even maxed out.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

On 3/11/2016 at 1:23 PM, Aytex said:

Far cry primal

looks worse than far cry 4 imo.

5 hours ago, Flanelman said:

looks worse than far cry 4 imo.

It absolutely does. Optimized worse too.

The texture work is really poor in spots. If you're running in SLI, your only AA option is FXAA, which is really badly implemented and looks like someone blurred all the edges. It feels like a step backward compared to FC4 on a technical level, and along with the base map being reused, it adds to the overall feeling of it being a rush job.