Chrome Youtube "An error occured, please try again later"

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having issues with Youtube atm? Every time I go to watch a video it gives me  "An error occurred, please try again later" 

If I leave it for about 15 - 30 seconds the video will start playing. I have tried clearing all my browser settings but that didn't seem to help. Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks 

Disable adblock.

works fine afterwards.

Im thinking it's youtubes updated ad servicing method.

EDIT:: Assuming people don't read my post, this thread is about to serve inadvertently as a "I use adblock on youtube" confession thread.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Yes, I have been getting it a lot, not sure why its happening tho

Works fine for me.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

17 minutes ago, Tomthehitman said:

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having issues with Youtube atm? Every time I go to watch a video it gives me  "An error occurred, please try again later" 

If I leave it for about 15 - 30 seconds the video will start playing. I have tried clearing all my browser settings but that didn't seem to help. Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks 

Switch accounts the issue is linked to the account itself, I just fixed this for myself

I think youtube is blacklisting accounts who block large numbers of ads

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Switch accounts the issue is linked to the account itself, I just fixed this for myself

I think youtube is blacklisting accounts how block large numbers of ads

I find that extremely hard to believe. Youtube has guts, but they're not brain-dead. If they were to blacklist people then the community would explode back at them.

It's most likely just a new method of serving ads that requires a certain amount of time to pass or element used before the video is loaded.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 minutes ago, Atmos said:

I find that extremely hard to believe. Youtube has guts, but they're not brain-dead. If they were to blacklist people then the community would explode back at them.

It's most likely just a new method of serving ads that requires a certain amount of time to pass or element used before the video is loaded.

Then why does switching accounts fix it, I've already tried everything else, it's either watch pre-roll ads or sit in a corner for 20 seconds with my main account. And since I hate ads (well minus Linus post video ads due to lols) I am not watching pre-rolls.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

6 minutes ago, papapoi said:

i only seem to get that when im downloading torrents or when my pc loses connection, but never on mobile, so it has to be a pc thing

Make a temp google account or sign out, I'm testing my theory and need more data, oh nvm you don't seem to have the issue.

12 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Then why does switching accounts fix it, I've already tried everything else, it's either watch pre-roll ads or sit in a corner for 20 seconds with my main account. And since I hate ads (well minus Linus post video ads due to lols) I am not watching pre-rolls.

im running adguard on chrome, i did notice with adblock(the one with the red stop sign logo) it would actually black out the whole video but i would have audio and also the error occured a few times, since i changed to adguard no problems except when i lose connection.

if i post a link to amazon try to use the LTT affiliate code to help the channel http://www.amazon.com/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=linustechtips-20

16 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Make a temp google account or sign out, I'm testing my theory and need more data, oh nvm you don't seem to have the issue.

OK so if I disable adblock it works, but also if I log out of my account it works with adblock on. Strange.... 

Just now, Tomthehitman said:

OK so if I disable adblock it works, but also if I log out of my account it works with adblock on. Strange.... 

Yep, at least you have a fix if you still want to disable ads, I hope this is just a temp bug though since I like my youtube name

So, I turned off AdBlock and it's still not playing audio.

It switches between working, blacking out, or playing without audio.

I signed out then back in of google+

what do?

5 hours ago, Atmos said:

Seems as though it may be true, it could have happened to me.

i'm not willing to make a new account, i'll just keep rebooting my computer instead until youtube breaks again.

Edited by TheTurtleKing

22 minutes ago, TheTurtleKing said:

Seems as though it may be true, it could have happened to me.

i'm not willing to make a new account, i'll just keep rebooting my computer instead until youtube breaks again.

Or now... Hear me out... I know its crazy but... Disable adblock?

If people just collectively stopped being so god damned selfish and gave that 10 seconds of their life to put up with an ad you wouldn't see so much native advertising and promotion. You'd also see a lot more youtubers getting better starts because they could actually make tangible money from their hard work, rather than having to hope to get sponsored by a company.

On 3/10/2016 at 1:53 AM, Tomthehitman said:

Hey guys,

Thanks 

I use Opera browser, and had similar problem due GPU acceleration... I turned off GPU acceleration option in browser and now everything  works fine. :) 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

21 hours ago, Atmos said:

Or now... Hear me out... I know its crazy but... Disable adblock?

If people just collectively stopped being so god damned selfish and gave that 10 seconds of their life to put up with an ad you wouldn't see so much native advertising and promotion. You'd also see a lot more youtubers getting better starts because they could actually make tangible money from their hard work, rather than having to hope to get sponsored by a company.

tried. didn't work.