All the agree, thumbs up, etc. buttons available for even PMs

ClobberXD
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,
6 hours ago, JuztBe said:

But for crying out loud, why is this not fixed yet?
It seems that you guys decided that it should be like this.

You have posted a screenshot with a number circled. Which of the 118 pieces of feedback or 223 bugs is that referring to? If it's making reference to the size of the number, does it really bother you that much? It will (probably) be changed, but there are a lot of other things that other people would like changed too, and making changes isn't as easy as you seem to think, especially as simply making that number smaller would not solve it because it would make it look considerably uglier:

a7Z.png

As for the original topic of discussion, it has been decided that it will not be implemented.

@colonel_mortis Buttons such as agree, thumbs up, etc. will help us acknowledge trivial messages in a single click, instead of quoting them, typing a message, and pressing send. This makes life very easy, if you have to reply to a member(s).

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

Little point to doing it..

On 3/9/2016 at 3:58 AM, anandgeforce said:

@colonel_mortis Buttons such as agree, thumbs up, etc. will help us acknowledge trivial messages in a single click, instead of quoting them, typing a message, and pressing send. This makes life very easy, if you have to reply to a member(s).

Thanks!

And they don't care.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

If person PMs you he most likely expects a reply, not a "thumbs up"

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

"Hey man how are you doing I've seen your build recently and it has really impressed me, could you give me any tips regarding the modification of the sidepanel like you've done in yours"?

clicks "thumbs up"

What?

Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Paralectic said:

"Hey man how are you doing I've seen your build recently and it has really impressed me, could you give me any tips regarding the modification of the sidepanel like you've done in yours"?

clicks "thumbs up"

What?

Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

Ummm... No! Not those huge questions expecting huge replies. I'm talking about those, where someone, say, thanks you for some help. You click Thumbs up for that - you cannot just do nothing when someone thanks you - you acknowledge that gesture. Instead of quoting them, and typing "It's my pleasure", it simpler and equally nice when you give a thumbs up. Think about it...

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, anandgeforce said:

Ummm... No! Not those huge questions expecting huge replies. I'm talking about those, where someone, say, thanks you for some help. You click Thumbs up for that - you cannot just do nothing when someone thanks you - you acknowledge that gesture. Instead of quoting them, and typing "It's my pleasure", it simpler and equally nice when you give a thumbs up. Think about it...

I thought about it, it's not personal enough for a personal message in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Windspeed36 said:

Little point to doing it..

Nothing to see here ;)

@Kierax What on earth is that supposed to mean? Apparently you're making superfun of me...

Nothing to see here ;)

15 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

To be fair, you can just do nothing. It's not as rude as it seems. Personally after saying "thank you" I do not wait for a response, especially in forum environment. It's fairly obvious that it's going to be "you are welcome, no problem" or something along those lines.
I do agree with others, it's not necessary. You can always reply "It's my pleasure" if you want to acknowledge someone :)

It seems that you guys decided that it should be like this.   @Windspeed36

Tq77wnv.png

6 hours ago, JuztBe said:

It seems that you guys decided that it should be like this.

You have posted a screenshot with a number circled. Which of the 118 pieces of feedback or 223 bugs is that referring to? If it's making reference to the size of the number, does it really bother you that much? It will (probably) be changed, but there are a lot of other things that other people would like changed too, and making changes isn't as easy as you seem to think, especially as simply making that number smaller would not solve it because it would make it look considerably uglier:

a7Z.png

As for the original topic of discussion, it has been decided that it will not be implemented.

HTTP/2 203

44 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I does bother me a lot. Why? I don't know. :PComplaining about other things is not an options when you do not see those other things. Right now that massive font size is only complain I have with this design.

By the way, making number smaller made it to look considerably better.