Budget MSI laptop vs Budget Asus ROG laptop

Hey guys.

Can u help me to decide in finding my next gaming laptop?

I know that there are many similar post about this but I'm looking for the best opinions that's why I'm here in this forum. xD

I'm in debate between MSI GE62 Apache Pro 04 vs Asus ROG GL552VW-DH71.

I'm in between both for the pros and cons for the two.

You can also suggest different Laptops if it is within the price range of those two.

Will mostly be used for Programming, heavy web browsing, gaming(CS go, LOL, Fallout4(if possible), COD4, etc), and some video editing.

I usually bring my laptop everywhere i go ,so the more portable it is the better.

Also i usually don't have laptop coolers along with me, so temperatures are in mind.

17 inches are too much for me to bring along, so 14-15.5 are okay.

Also the keyboards must be firm and can last long use. For I'm a programmer, that's what i do - TYPE9_9

I know i can trust you guys, and thanks in advance.

Detailed specifications of both laptops please ? Where are you getting one from ?

I'm very interested in this category as well, might want to stay here and follow people's reply

Spoiler

@NationsAnarchy 

They almost have the same specs.

What I'm deciding on is their pros and cons. And Feedbacks from other users.

@oldkingdragonslayer

Yep i have extra keyboard on work+house. But what I'm implying on is that I can't always bring with me a keyboard on the go. I know there are those small ones. But what better if I use the keyboard on the laptop itself if I am outside. 

@Quierre There are still some differences between those 2 laptops, for example the MSI has RGB backlit keyboard, whereas the Asus only has red backlight I think ? Since they're quite identical in terms of specifications, you might want to choose whichever is better looking for you, some extra features, etc ... 
I recommend you looking up for reviews while purchasing, it isn't that hard :P 

Spoiler

I have an MSI GP60 2QE Leopard, of which I believe the GE-Series are closely related. I definitely suggest it for all of those things.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

@NationsAnarchy Keyboard Backlit doesn't matter to me hehe. Mostly use them when typing. I have been researching all week long. Factors keeping me from purchasing is that is the cons of those two, and if there are more laptops to be suggested from other users.

@Crowes Doesn't Leopard have GTX 960? can it run Games mentioned above on 1080p? What about heating issues?

2 minutes ago, Quierre said:

@Crowes Doesn't Leopard have GTX 960? can it run Games mentioned above on 1080p? What about heating issues?

GP60 2QE Leopard has a 940M. It can run some low-end games on 1080p, but I've never been an advocate of it on 15.6 screens. 1600x900 is beautiful, though. If anything lower than 1080p60fps doesn't rustle your jimmies. Heavy browsing and general computing it does without a hitch.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

MSI

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

@Crowes I thought that was leopard pro, that's why i mentioned 960 hehe.

I have reviewed leopard pro itself but decided to go apache pro between the MSIs.

From what I can tell the Asus has an IPS screen while the MSI doesn't.  That would be the pick for me due to the better screen.  Everything else is pretty identical.

Why not get the new Dell Inspiron 7559? way cheaper and it has a 960M same as both the MSI and ASUS, also LINUS RECOMMENDED

@Mkander99 I viewed the review about it. Feels that it wasn't for me for the Cons of the keyboard. 

@revl8er Problem is that there are many heating issues with the GL552, it is said that it needs both

BIOS and Firmware update, but many argued that updating does not help with issue.

MSI over ASUS in general... however what is the exact price of the laptop? I only see MSRP, not the actual price from Amazon or Newegg or wherever... If you give me the exact price, OP, then I can likely find something better in that price range.

Chances are it will be neither MSI nor ASUS, though.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I have had the MSI GE72 2QF Apache Pro since November and I'm absolutely loving it. Note that it was on sale for around $1100 and with a 5700HQ. The link I've provided is the result of  a quick search, similar model. It really is fantastic, as I do CAD, programming and gaming on it, all with no complaints, save for the trackpad.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154108&cm_re=msi_ge72_apache_pro-_-34-154-108-_-Product