Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metro

GTX 980ti Matrix and Anniversary edition anyone got them

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello

 

Does any have one of these GPUs, what is the fan noise like and what was the out of the box boost on the Anniversary edition (someone said it was 1509Mhz) also what were your temperatures during gaming and at what fan speed

 

Thanks


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU: Intel i7 4790K    MB: Asus Maximus VII Hero    RAM: HyperX Beast 32GB    GPU: 2x Asus Strix GTX 1080TI OC SLI    SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1TB    PSU: Corsair AX860i    COOLING: Corsair H110    CASE: Corsair 450D    DISPLAY: Asus PG348Q 34" x1 + Asus PB258Q 25" x2    AUDIO: SteelSeries Siberia 800    VR: Oculus Rift

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Metro said:

Hello

 

Does any have one of these GPUs, what is the fan noise like and what was the out of the box boost on the Anniversary edition (someone said it was 1509Mhz) also what were your temperatures during gaming and at what fan speed

 

Thanks

I own the Matrix myself I cant hear the fans until they reach about 60% fan speed but that is never needed and my system all together is a very quiet and my gpu goes to about 1480 with the max overclock i could get out of it which was only 80mhz but it does have a very high factory clock and im not going to mess with my voltage.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, roctrebira said:

I own the Matrix myself I cant hear the fans until they reach about 60% fan speed but that is never needed and my system all together is a very quiet and my gpu goes to about 1480 with the max overclock i could get out of it which was only 80mhz but it does have a very high factory clock and im not going to mess with my voltage.

Hello

 

Thanks for responding, do you own the Platinum Matrix, what is the out of the box speed and are the fans quiet at 80 percent fan speed (not silent)

 

Also what temperatures do you get while gaming

 

Did you do any memory overclock

 

Thanks


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Metro said:

Hello

 

Thanks for responding, do you own the Platinum Matrix, what is the out of the box speed and are the fans quiet at 80 percent fan speed (not silent)

 

Also what temperatures do you get while gaming

 

Did you do any memory overclock

 

Thanks

Yep its the platinum and my out of the box boost clock is 1380 and the fans are 80% are kinda quiet more like a hum and my GPU stays from 70-80c when gaming but i also have the H440 and when i take the front off my temps drop by about 6-10c all while the card stays silent. I have not memory overclock.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, roctrebira said:

Yep its the platinum and my out of the box boost clock is 1380 and the fans are 80% are kinda quiet more like a hum and my GPU stays from 70-80c when gaming but i also have the H440 and when i take the front off my temps drop by about 6-10c all while the card stays silent. I have not memory overclock.

 

Only 1380Mhz, it should do 1418Mhz - 1430Mhz out of the box, I wonder what happened


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Metro said:

 

Only 1380Mhz, it should do 1418Mhz - 1430Mhz out of the box, I wonder what happened

They only say a boost clock of 1317.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, roctrebira said:

They only say a boost clock of 1317.

 

Yeah, however with NVIDIA GPU Boost 2, it should add another 100Mhz or more to it


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Metro said:

 

Yeah, however with NVIDIA GPU Boost 2, it should add another 100Mhz or more to it

Oh im using MSI afterburner.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, roctrebira said:

Oh im using MSI afterburner.

 

No, GPU Boost 2 is a feature on every Maxwell GPU, they all do it

 

There are things that limit it like temperature and voltage, so if both are fine, it should go higher


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Metro said:

 

No, GPU Boost 2 is a feature on every Maxwell GPU, they all do it

 

There are things that limit it like temperature and voltage, so if both are fine, it should go higher

No clue all i know is the card doesn't want to do over the 80mhz overclock without artifacting like nuts and a little bit higher just cause errors.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, roctrebira said:

No clue all i know is the card doesn't want to do over the 80mhz overclock without artifacting like nuts and a little bit higher just cause errors.

 

If you have time, could you double check the out of the box speed, just close MSI Afterburner then do a quick test :)

 

Thanks


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Metro said:

 

If you have time, could you double check the out of the box speed, just close MSI Afterburner then do a quick test :)

 

Thanks

DId just that only got 1380 on the clock. 


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, roctrebira said:

DId just that only got 1380 on the clock. 

 

Alright, I guess something is throttling the GPU clock speed

 

Thanks


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
23 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

DId just that only got 1380 on the clock. 

 

I think I might have found out why it does 1380, you need to use GPU tweak and use the OC profile, it will give you a small overclock


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Metro said:

 

I think I might have found out why it does 1380, you need to use GPU tweak and use the OC profile, it will give you a small overclock

Im not worried since i just have my own OC running.


[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

Im not worried since i just have my own OC running.

 

Yeah, that is fine :)


GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, 23th this month Is my birthday, I claim 1 matrix platinum, so my strix be free for folding purposes

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×