Decline in Content Quality & Exclusivity of Content

Tbh i prefer non-tech stuff that's at least entertaining like the vlogs usually are than tech video's that are completely pointless and are not interesting at all.

And i have made some suggestions multiple times, but it does look like it doesn't get to them which is sad. We should get a topic for LTT suggestions like we have for TQ.

Just some suggestions because well why not, i've posted them multiple times so why not this time.

1. Take an AIO cooler and put it's rad into a bucket of ice and water, sub-zero on a budget!

2. Take the 390x or somthing similar, put it at stock settings, and try to undervolt it as much as possible without giving up performance. 

Wondering why? Amd pushes quite a lot of voltage through their cards, and i won't be suprised if you can get your card a lot quieter, cooler and more efficient with undervolting it.

But whatever, probably won't happen because once again they won't even know i've suggested this.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

22 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The frog VLOG was stupid....BUT, I think it's still different than some of the other actually bad/not well thought out videos. The frog video is just a lack of ideas/items to make videos about (although, when they really have nothing....like the frog and pizza videos) they should really just make more of the How To series. Whereas some of the other videos clearly seem half-assed at best. 

I am more arguing that the content does not fit the brand image of LTT channel. They keep saying they want to pivot into a better channel and do this and that. Create more quality content and then they include shit like that which does not work for the image they have been trying for. They should just get another channel for that kind of stuff. If they want to be a quality channel and they can't meet the deadline of the 10 videos of the week then they should think of reducing that. Instead of just uploading a 3hr tear down of the 8gpu rig in its complete entirety without any editing. It's like traversing a field of corn and finding the mango tree you wanted to find. Had to go through too much junk to get to the quality stuff. I can't wait for Scrapyard Wars S4. But if they want to be Mythbusters or Top Gear then why include all the time and effort to create a video about how to install a gpu when it could have been done on TQ while providing information about PSU and other components. 

Edit: I enjoy the vlog content. I enjoy all the crap they do. I am a fan of their personalities regardless of the platform. But there needs to be a discussion on what qualifies for one channel and what doesn't. And they need to look at their video scheduling. If they cannot keep up the quality at their current rate (which is damn impressive and amazing they have been doing it for so long) then they need to reconsider. 

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

1 hour ago, DaiGurenMK42 said:

What about the frog vlog?

Guys... I have defended this stuff for as long as I can. But WTF is this? I enjoy your personalities and have enjoyed the content over the years. But who gave this project a go? Has there been a delay in production due to the sports channel? And reviving material from 3 months ago on LTT? Have none of you thought of your image on LTT? CSF makes sense for VLOGs like this. At least have a server

lol i loved the frog vlog. and i too got vessel now, the free month. i quess ltt doesn't have so many things to make vids about atm.

3 hours ago, madaday said:

I've only just really gotten into LTT and I found the Scrapyard Wars videos some of the most fun, and would love to see more of those. Yes the unboxing and tutorial videos are great, but sometimes I would love to see maybe a "Computer Abuse" set of videos, pushing components to the limit and finding the point of no return.

Maybe buy some cheap computers off eBay (like the ones suggested in the DIY NAS videos) and have a competition to see who can get the most out the same system? I'm sure some people would just go ham and upgrade gfx and ram, but maybe there are some less obvious upgrades they could do? That could easily be a weeks worth of videos, one introducing the challenge and the identical systems they have, then one each that shows the changes each person made, before a final head to head match up?

Just my opinion! I might have go back and watch those scrapyard wars ones again soon actually.

So scrapyards wars but with ebay (new and used) ehhhhhh...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

49 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Tbh i prefer non-tech stuff that's at least entertaining like the vlogs usually are than tech video's that are completely pointless and are not interesting at all.

And i have made some suggestions multiple times, but it does look like it doesn't get to them which is sad. We should get a topic for LTT suggestions like we have for TQ.

Just some suggestions because well why not, i've posted them multiple times so why not this time.

1. Take an AIO cooler and put it's rad into a bucket of ice and water, sub-zero on a budget!

2. Take the 390x or somthing similar, put it at stock settings, and try to undervolt it as much as possible without giving up performance. 

Wondering why? Amd pushes quite a lot of voltage through their cards, and i won't be suprised if you can get your card a lot quieter, cooler and more efficient with undervolting it.

But whatever, probably won't happen because once again they won't even know i've suggested this.

1. AIO in ice has been done before (fair enough it's not LTT but still, the point remains there: 

2, That would require A lot of AMD video cards as they would all act differently to the undervolt...(same principles with Overclocking)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

quality of content seems fine to me.

Don't fail me now as i've failed you then.

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I know I am not the only one who thinks this to be the case....

So let me begin by saying I am not bashing Linus, LTT or any of its employees here, I am simply posting some concerns I have about the way in which Linus appears to be taking LMG now he has grown.

Linus got famous doing unboxongs, we all should know this and while his unboxings were great there's only so much anybody can do with unboxings so he m...... 

... Please note this is all my opinion, if you disagree feel free to post but please, lets keep this to a civil discussion and not start flaming anybody who disagrees with you.

I think he's starting to be known now for his ghetto mods and such, and Scrapyard Wars was a huge hit as well... They better go back to that

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

4 hours ago, madaday said:

I've only just really gotten into LTT and I found the Scrapyard Wars videos some of the most fun, and would love to see more of those. Yes the unboxing and tutorial videos are great, but sometimes I would love to see maybe a "Computer Abuse" set of videos, pushing components to the limit and finding the point of no return.

Maybe buy some cheap computers off eBay (like the ones suggested in the DIY NAS videos) and have a competition to see who can get the most out the same system? I'm sure some people would just go ham and upgrade gfx and ram, but maybe there are some less obvious upgrades they could do? That could easily be a weeks worth of videos, one introducing the challenge and the identical systems they have, then one each that shows the changes each person made, before a final head to head match up?

Just my opinion! I might have go back and watch those scrapyard wars ones again soon actually.

You are in luck. The next wars is with BS Mods. Happening soon!

Creator Of That Awkward Silence

15 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

1. AIO in ice has been done before (fair enough it's not LTT but still, the point remains there: 

2, That would require A lot of AMD video cards as they would all act differently to the undervolt...(same principles with Overclocking)

I know it has been done before, that exact video is how i found out about it btw, but i want LTT to give it a go.

And it doesn't, 1 high-end AMD GPU is enough. It doesn't have to be scientific or anything, i just want to know what results they can get. And as you said same with overclocking, and LTT overclocks their gpu's in benchmarks, and they even do guides and things like that. 

Both suggestions are perfectly doable by LTT and don't require anything exotic. They probably have everything they need, apart from the ice maybe but that's super easy to get. And they can make interesting tech-related video's about it. Which is what they want, right?

They made a lot of video's about things that have been done before, but does that make them bad? No, if they are done right there is nothing wrong with it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Apparently, those two videos never saw the light of the day... :P (Found in this Whonnock server repair video) :P

LTT.PNG

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

Hey guys I just wanted to ask what is up with the content in your videos recently. Heating up a slice of pizza with a pc !!!! seriously you guys are really scraping the barrel with this one. This is a Tech channel come on !!! lets see more of it. This channel used to be so useful and informative with great reviews , I know you can do better and from the reading other comments on the videos I know there is quite a few people who share the same opinion.

This is not a useful comment. We do not need fan boys defending everything thing they do. We are talking about making good content. Heating up a slice of pizza does not count !  you are not helping by defending this. 

Not much new hardware out right now, if you want more content check out their Vessel. Otherwise, quit whining and be thankful for what they make. 

EDIT: Lock incoming? 

Well the truth is there are simply not enougth interesting new products to review. Looks like they runn slowly out of (resonable) ideas for new videos after they made >>1 000 of them. It's pretty hard to come up with new things on a daily basis.

Yes some content was a bit rushed and a bit lower quality than it used to be, but I don't minde. It's free and I suspect the quality drop is only temporarly.

Just wait a month or two until they have more time to deliver good videos again.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Yeah I guess there is only so many reviews you can do and that market is pretty heavily saturated already but the difference in quality is definitely noticeable. 

Its weird/different stuff and some people find it funny it doesnt all have to be practical, there are a million tech channels for that =]

Let's be honest here, the tech market has been a touch dry recently.

It's either same-old-same-old in a different wrapper, or it's just not interesting enough to talk about.

You can't exactly blame LMG for that.

And besides, they still get a ton of new subscribers each day, so they must be doing something right.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

yeah, have not been enjoying the videos lately too. I think the excuse of "no products are coming out" is valid, as there are products than only those of Intel, Nvidia and AMD.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

16 minutes ago, EdwardJones said:

Hey guys I just wanted to ask what is up with the content in your videos recently. Heating up a slice of pizza with a pc !!!! seriously you guys are really scraping the barrel with this one. This is a Tech channel come on !!! lets see more of it. This channel used to be so useful and informative with great reviews , I know you can do better and from the reading other comments on the videos I know there is quite a few people who share the same opinion.

1) if you're producing a video everyday for youtube, you'll face something called "burn out"

2) nothing new is coming out in the tech field lately

3) they pretty much covered most of the tech things that an average person need to know in the years they're making video

i agree that they should just do reviews of the thousand of things out there that they havent do

16 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Does Linus or LMG owe you anything? No.

Don't like the video? Don't like it then.

its just giving feedback, which is required for the LMG team to be successful in what they are doing

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I have really enjoyed the YT channel more recently...

Can't please everyone, and opinions are like assholes, they stink and everyone has one.

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

IMHO They're on the cusp of change at LMG.  Starting to produce actual content versus just doing the same old reviews and junk that everyone is doing now.

They're going to be doing different things, and changing things up as they go.  They have to, in order to survive.

Just go with it, and if you don't enjoy what they're currently doing, there's tons of other great content to check out while you wait for them to pique your interest again :P

Thanks yeah I'M not trying to cause some online fight here just a open debate about the content

1 minute ago, RodJames said:

IMHO They're on the cusp of change at LMG.  Starting to produce actual content versus just doing the same old reviews and junk that everyone is doing now.

They're going to be doing different things, and changing things up as they go.  They have to, in order to survive.

Just go with it, and if you don't enjoy what they're currently doing, there's tons of other great content to check out while you wait for them to pique your interest again :P

And they do so at the risk of pissing of their 2,000,000 current subscribers.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

And they do so at the risk of pissing of their 2,000,000 current subscribers.

Risk and reward...