Microsoft actively blocking torrent usage

43 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Not really no. Consumer protection laws applies. Microsoft can't block software by law, as that would be anti-competitive, and possibly touch right of speech/expression in many regions. You can bet EU would be on Microsoft tail. I am sure that EU would love a second gold table with the money they make from Microsoft.

So no, despite Microsoft pushing to do what it wants, it doesn't have carte blanche to do what it wants.

Considering the state of ISP's in the US, I wouldn't hold my breath on the government doing anything about anti-competitiveness (for f**ks sake, they tried to block the FCC from doing it's job with the "internet freedom act", which was blatanty paid for by the ISP's) . The EU definitely, but they aren't as blatantly corrupt as the US is. At least not yet.

(sorry for the double post, I've still not figured out how to inset a quote into a post that I am editing, on these new fangled forums)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

51 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Considering the state of ISP's in the US, I wouldn't hold my breath on the government doing anything about anti-competitiveness (for f**ks sake, they tried to block the FCC from doing it's job with the "internet freedom act", which was blatanty paid for by the ISP's) . The EU definitely, but they aren't as blatantly corrupt as the US is. At least not yet.

Sure. But that is the U.S, not the world. Windows is used world wide.

If anything, if absolutely anything, any software blocking will apply to the U.S only, which at this point is totally useless.

It is also more effective, way more effective to target the source. Like the police against drug. They don't care about the corner drug dealer. They have way to many, and too easy to recruiter for drug lords. No they want to take down the source.

And that is what Microsoft is trying to do:

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3042179/security/microsoft-to-court-make-comcast-give-us-the-windows-pirating-subscribers-info.html

(to add to the story, considering the amount of computers detected, this can be a large company using pirated copy of Windows, or a computer manufacture (I mean a small one, not Dell, HP, etc)).

I have to assume that if Windows 10 was found to be blocking certain kinds of software, a.) it wouldn't take long for the public at large to notice, and b.) the scandal-hungry news media would have fallen all over themselves trying to publish it before each other. In other words, it shouldn't be quite such a challenge to find a source for this if that's truly the explanation. For what it's worth, qBitTorrent was working fine on my Windows 10 PC at least as of last night.

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-is-down-for-24-hours-160310/

The Pirate Bay was down yesterday, but the official word is that it was just a technical issue. Seems to be back up now.

I prefer to use Transmission on FreeNAS but with Windows 10 It's not had issues with Deluge and TPB as well as Kickass.to haven't been blocked. Check if you're on a VPN I remember accidentally leaving my VPN on and I wasn't able to access torrent sites.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!