Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dackzy

Before you buy amp and DAC + recommendations.

Was this thread helpful?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. Was/is this thread helpful?

• Yes
    • No

On 5/9/2020 at 1:31 PM, Steemax said:

Well in case anyone was wondering this setup is everything I was hoping it to be and would recommend the K5 Pro to anyone looking to get a 6xx. Now i've started going down the rabbit hole and ordered a Audeze LCD-2 ... hopefully the K5 Pro will be able to handle it. Although it's low impedance it's apparently power hungry.

The k5 pro has a surprising amount of power you should bw fine for the most part

***FEEL FREE TO DM ME QUESTIONS ABOUT MY GEAR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR JUST CURIOUS***

CPU : ryzen 3600x  Motherboard: b350 PC mate RAM:16 GB ddr4 corsair lpx GPU: gtx 1070 6gb Case:phanteks p400 

Storage:x1 280 gb kingston ssd x1 1tb WD blue hdd x1 2tb seagate barraccuda 

PSU:650 GQ Cooling:be quite! BK009 Keyboard:ducky one 2 rgb full sized Mouse:G502, Model o Operating System:win 10

Desktop audio gear: topping d10 --->  monolith Cavelli Liquid Spark---> Beyerdynamic dt 990 , Sennheiser Hd 58x, Hifiman HE4xx, AKG k240, AKG k52

Speaker Setup: Topping PA3--->Micca RB42

My portable setup: fiio Q1 mk2, fiio ubtr, fiio btr1k,fiio btr5---> whatever bud or IEM Im feeling that day

AKG y50bt,Sennheiser HD 4.40

No mention of electrostats? Drop x Koss ESP/95X has much more "analyticallness" than an of the headphones mentioned. And if one has the money, Stax does exist... Although if they to be included, one must mention that they require energizers to operate.

PC: 6700k, r9 Nano

Cans: Stax SR-009s (Woo Audio 3ES+, Schiit Yggdrasil), Sony MDR-7506, oratory1990 autoEQ

Spkrs: Linkwitz Labs LX521.4 (miniDSP 4x10HD, ATI AT528NC), SoundLabs A-1 with rotary sub (Schiit Yggdrasil, ATI AT528NC, rotary sub has own amp)

Mic: Manley Reference Black (preamp included) -> GoXLR (asio hacky output to cans and spkrs)

Will be getting Eve Spectrum Model 2 (1440p 240hz), upgrading cpu and gpu, def getting silverstone alta f1

On 5/4/2016 at 7:20 AM, Pineapple Wolf said:

I'll be getting a pair of Audeze LCD-2's soon, I have a maximus ranger vi for onboard audio.

Do you think I'll need a amp and or dac? Might be a bit silly for me to get these headphones and not get as good of an experience as I can for them.

If so could you recommend something for me to get, I live in the UK btw

You'll need it. You can go with Schiit's Asgard 3 and Modius. That will run you down USD400 + shipping and taxes. As a heads up, you might want to check out Audeze Plugin that auto tunes their cans for you. Out of the box the sound can be described as a bit wonky by some (me included).