Cooler Master Mastercase Racing, Porsche 917 Le Mans Tribute

Just now, Mnpctech said:

@DevilishBooster It's no longer made, which is a shame. Alphacool Nexxos 420mm radiators have drain ports, 

http://www.aquatuning.us/water-cooling/radiators/radiators-active/?p=1&o=5&n=12&f=86%7C643

Yeah, those are the ones I've been planning on using, but since I'm going to be using EKWB blocks and fittings, I thought it might be nice to just have everything matching. They're not going to be seem once the side panels are on, but it gives my OCD peace of mind to know everything matches. :-/

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

You can always try asking EK's HQ if they have any returns that have been checked and tested, of course.

I've learned that every liquid component manufacturer has their "best attribute" and "worst" components, so I'll mix and match to fulfill my vision.   

17 years of helping you void your warranty

14 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

You can always try asking EK's HQ if they have any returns that have been checked and tested, of course.

I've learned that every liquid component manufacturer has their "best attribute" and "worst" components, so I'll mix and match to fulfill my vision.   

How would you suggest I go about that? Should I just create a support ticket through their website?

As I said earlier, I've been planning on using AlphaCool rads, but I've heard they aren't cleaned after assembly and are really dirty when you receive them. Some people have said that no amount of flushing seems to clean them well enough. Have you ever experienced this, or is there some kind of special trick to getting them clean?

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

On 3/10/2016 at 10:47 PM, Mnpctech said:

Thank you for watching and commenting everybody!

gulf_porsche_7_cooler_master_mastercase_

The front I/O panel on the Cooler Master Mastercase 5 / Pro is a bit bland for this theme. I decided to modify it with something that looks more "race car" appropriate. I'll start with steel face plate and chose some switches and controls from Mnpctech that include a red "Fighter Pilot" with momentary toggle for Main Power. The reset will be blue anodized vandal resistant push. I also found a VDO brand 12 volt gauge from the center console of a Volkswagen Rabbit GTI. I'd love to find some mounting bezels for 5mm LEDs for Power & HD activity.

gulf_porsche_8_cooler_master_mastercase_

The switches will be mounted with Mnpctech's billet vandal switch mounting plate. Here is all of the custom switch and toggle parts with links to their product pages. Mnpctech is the only source for "Military Pilot" Toggle switches modified for use with your custom PC. Fighter Pilot / Race Car Ignition Toggle Start with red cover, http://mnpctech.com/bulgin-modmytoys-computer-pc-power-reset-switch-mounting-plates-vandal-anti-resitant-lamptron/

spst_toggle_pc_computer_install_guide_po

blue_anodized_bulgin_lamptron_mod_toy_va

Order blue vandal switch for your PC power or reset, http://mnpctech.com/bulgin-modmytoys-computer-pc-power-reset-switch-mounting-plates-vandal-anti-resitant-lamptron

SPST (Push for Momentary, IP-67 rated, CMP #MP19S-F10, Flush Flat Button, Metal Body, SPST-NO, Push button switch. Mounts in a 3/4" hole. Contacts Rated 5A @ 110VAC, 5A @ 220VAC. Compression screw Terminals. VDE/CE listed, RoHS Compliant.

lamptron.delrin.bulgin.silvervandalswitc

Order Mnpctech Pro-Line Two switch mounting plate, http://mnpctech.com/bulgin-modmytoys-computer-pc-power-reset-switch-mounting-plates-vandal-anti-resitant-lamptron/

Mounting plate has 22mm hole and 16mm hole. It fits Bulgin, Delrin, Lamptron, and ModMyToy Vandal Resistant Switches. Machined by Mnpctech in 6061 billet aluminum. Length = 3.5" x Width = 1.5" x Thickness = 3/16" Bulgin Mounting Plate Includes: 4, 6/32 x 3/4"screws and nuts.

gulf_porsche_9a_cooler_master_mastercase

Replace your PC Power or PC Reset button with this Blue Anodized Vandal Resistant Switch. Made of Nickel Plated Brass.

gulf_porsche_9b_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9c_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9d_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9e_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9f_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9g_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9h_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_9i_cooler_master_mastercase

gulf_porsche_vdo_cooler_master_mastercas

LED_5mm_holder_black_darkside_superbrigh

darkside_5mm_sleeved_led_gaming_pc_compu

Darkside 5mm pre-sleeved custom PC LEDS, http://mnpctech.com/pc-led-lights/

darkside_5mm_superbright_sleeved_led_gam

gulf_porsche_vdo2_cooler_master_masterca

gulf_porsche_vdo3_cooler_master_masterca

gulf_porsche_vdo4_cooler_master_masterca

The upper portion of the black base for the RED Toggle Switch will be shortened later. 

That looks so fucking awesome. I haven't seen a modded build to feature that in a LONG time (unless I haven't been looking farther and wider than what I already have) in atleast a build log.

@DevilishBooster  Youre absolutely correct about Alphacool rads, but you should always flush out ANY radiator with water before using it. Yes, I'd try a support ticket and state that youre willing to purchase return / used part, providing it's tested and not leaking. You can also ask for list of Retailers that used to carry them, maybe they have one sitting on shelf.

@WynLore  Thank you, glad youre enjoying it.

Only had few minutes yesterday to work on my build. All of the machined aluminum parts for Deep Silver's Homefront: Revolution Gaming PC are getting finished, so I'm dividing workshop time between both builds. What a contrast lol, from "don't scratch the paint!" on "what is the best grit to score this finish"on Homefront.

Only had few minutes yesterday to work on my build. Decided on Black wire fan grills for the GTs. I like the look. I guess some would call them "old school" when compared to vast array of fan grills available today. Also swapped out the Black factory thumbscrews for Mastercase SSD trays to machined knurled silver aluminum.

gulf_porsche_9z9k_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9l_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9m_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

gulf_porsche_9z9n_EK_XTX_360_radiator_co

1 hour ago, CtW said:

The fan grilles would look amazing in orange.

Personally I think they would look better in white because there is a bit of white on the gulf livery  that's not present on the inside of the build atm 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

On March 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Necrodead said:

Nice work Bill, love the paint.

Question: If you do the paint right does it not chip when you tighten screws down on it? A lot of my paint keeps chipping around where I have to put screws in.(even thumbscrews) My painting technique is better than it used to be but I probably could have sanded the areas around the screws more.

Chipping could be caused to several things like the paint not bonding with the surface your painting on due to it not being ruff enough, not peeping it by cleaning the dust and grease or it could be due to just having cheap paint. 

WOW, nice job man, I'll definately sub to see the end result!

23 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Personally I think they would look better in white because there is a bit of white on the gulf livery  that's not present on the inside of the build atm 

I agree, I think having the grills white would really make it pop.

END OF LINE

Omg, is this ever going up for sale. I have always been looking at making a le mans pc. Well done for the work :)

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 hours ago, Mnpctech said:

Not for sale, sorry... I finally get to build my own PC...lol

Sorry for lack of updates, my build for Homefront is keeping me busy here, http://mnpctech.com/corsair-380t-homefront-the-revolution-gaming-pc-case-mod-by-mnpctech.html

if you consider this lack of updates than my build log is dead  xD. seriously though its a personal rig they usually get put on hold dont worry about it .

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Haha, but I'm in need of new PC badly... I scored this Gigabyte OC Force Z87X MB from a friend and I'm watching Ebay for deal on Core i7, socket 1150 4790K 4.0 or 4770K 3.5, then I'll need to get a water block for the CPU. Still debating on GPU(s). I don't need bleeding edge hardware since this PC is for my office.

Gigabyte_oc_force_GA_Z87X_OC_cooler_mast

• 2 weeks later...

that looks so sweet. i just want to rebuild that thing.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

My apologies for lack of updates! I had to take break from my personal build to finish this build for Corsair's booth at PAX East next weekend, http://mnpctech.com/corsair-380t-homefront-the-revolution-gaming-pc-case-mod-by-mnpctech.html

modDIY_2_gaming_pc_case_mod_store_suppli

On 3/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mnpctech said:

Only had few minutes yesterday to work on my build. Decided on Black wire fan grills for the GTs. I like the look. I guess some would call them "old school" when compared to vast array of fan grills available today. Also swapped out the Black factory thumbscrews for Mastercase SSD trays to machined knurled silver aluminum.

I am received Mastercase 5 Pro ..can you tell me which radiator you will fix on top?

already ordered Military Fighter Pilot" PC Toggle switches and more parts from http://mnpctech.com/

I think my pc will look same file_php_avatar_2875_1204568488.gif

Mastercase.jpg

YAMAKASI LEONIDAS 30" LCD 2560x1600 IPS PANEL,Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

So yeah.... *drools a bit on the keyboard* this paint job is outstanding and I think it's one of the better looking "car themed" builds out there. And much love to the Gentle Typhoons, have 6 of the ap-15 version =D they just rule the static P world haha.

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

On 3/23/2016 at 6:36 PM, Mnpctech said:

I would like to know which color code is for blue and orange paint..thanks

YAMAKASI LEONIDAS 30" LCD 2560x1600 IPS PANEL,Cooler Master Mastercase Pro 5

Having your own small business makes it difficult to ever go anywhere and have FUN....lol...  I'm now juggling my time between my build and this one for Computex, http://mnpctech.com/deepcool-genome-gamerstorm-mid-tower-atx-gaming-case-review.html

deepcool_genome_bezel_9o_case_mod_window

1 hour ago, Mnpctech said:

Having your own small business makes it difficult to ever go anywhere and have FUN....lol...  I'm now juggling my time between my build and this one for Computex, http://mnpctech.com/deepcool-genome-gamerstorm-mid-tower-atx-gaming-case-review.html

deepcool_genome_bezel_9o_case_mod_window

I'd rather have your job than be sitting at a desk doing the same thing every day.... Trade? :P

END OF LINE