Absolutely, ridiculously stupid article by Forbes writer on PS4 vs. PC

Hobox

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/02/25/you-cant-build-a-ps4-why-sonys-next-console-is-truly-next-gen-and-your-pc-isnt/

This guy is completely out of his league. It's pretty clear he has no idea how hardware works, or even what it really is. He just compares numbers he heard from Sony and assumes higher is better. Despite being pointed out innumerable times that he has no idea what he's talking about, he claims it's his "point of view" or uses the people that call him names as a defense for "it's just fanboys lashing out". He thinks he can argue against fact with opinion, and it's a joke.

Now listen, I'm actually a huge advocator for consoles. Not because of the power, of course not. PC's blow away consoles. Something you can't get on PC's though (unless it's old enough for emulation, even then that's not reliable) is the console exclusive titles. Games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, The Zelda series, Metroid, God of War, Mario, and pretty much any Japanese-originating game, especially JRPGs, are things you generally can't get on PC.

That's why I personally believe if you *ACTUALLY* care about games, you play on consoles and PC both. You enjoy the outstanding non-PC games on the various consoles, and play the PC titles in all their glory and beauty. That's a true appreciative gamer.

So does this bother you guys at all too?

It makes me sick, all over again.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2011/07/13/vinyl-vs-cd-the-tables-are-turning-rolling-stones-dom-lyor-cohen/

And they wrote this in 1993, and 1982

I'm sure they'll be talking about how great a comeback consoles are making 20 years from now.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Ha, funny. After being ripped open so many times he's edited a lot of the article and added an "update" to it. It's basically a completely different article than how it was first published.

This is a big skill that Sony has. And master at it. Every new console they release, they push 1 or 2 aspect that doesn't mean anything without context, and people goes crazy in thinking it's faster than a super computer. Nintendo took it's traditional behavior of not mentioning any specs, and people assuming that the specs are utter crap, that the console is overpriced and the price should be dropped, and call doom.. sorry d000000m on Nintendo from experts (http://kotaku.com/5986942/nintendos-doomed-they-should-go-third+partysaid-everyone-ever), which never happen, or even close of happening.

And I fully agree with you hoboX10. Games are games, They are fun, graphics don't make games fun. They add to the experience yes, but adding experience to not a fun game, doesn't make it any better. Specs means nothing without games. I am a PC and a console gamer. I get a console for games I like that can't be played on the PC, and that delivers an experience that I just simply can't get on my PC. Nintendo should do the same thing. WiiU has 10 processors! People would have got nuts. Even thought what they mean is: 3 core CPU + 1x SPU (sound processing unit), 1x GPU with multiple shader cores, 1x for the optical drive, 1x for the wireless card, 1x for the other wireless card to transmit to the controller, 1x in the gamepad, and finally 1x for the SSD. Amazing! Your laugthing, but that is what Sony mentioned with the PS2 if I recall correctly... just not to that extent.

Now I am not saying that this is what Sony is doing for it's 8-core processor, and 8GB GDDR5 memory. But we have no context.

What is the 8-core processor are slow, or it's actuality 4 core with AMDs style of hyper-threading which isn't very useful in gaming? What if the GDDR5 is running at 100MHz? How is the memory managed? (GPU takes how much). etc. We just have no context.

All I can say is that the CPU is POSSIBLY struggling with GDDR5 due to their high latency (down side of GDDR5, as it's a tweak DDR3 for high bandwidth, which the CPU doesn't need, but the GPU needs). And that AMD Radeon 7000 GPU architecture is more memory intensive than Nvidia's (possibly has caching technologies which might explain the reason).

Anyway.

megaman series proved that its the gameplay that makes it fun, and not the graphics... woohoooo

*cough cought*

0x600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHU5FZ7e-9onGMxmemDzmEcOMNVABqx1uMfkZpKs3m1T560D7fFg

gtaivice.JPG

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtL4HrsG5br12MCYVEc7zqeyuHMdWd9YkvRq3Pr3TTojvcAu6c

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Wow, just by reading the title this guy has no idea what he's talking about. I just love people who make articles on stuff they don't have a clue about.

Old shit no one cares about but me.