can somebody fix the forum ?

givingtnt
Just now, Bhav said:

Not working on my Nvidia shield, you also have a different keypad to me.

Its hacker's keyboard

I like it because its basically a desktop keyboard with working shortcuts (like ctrl V)

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its hacker's keyboard

I like it because its basically a desktop keyboard with working shortcuts (like ctrl V)

And why shouldn't the forum work using the default android keyboard?

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

And why shouldn't the forum work using the default android keyboard?

I cant get it to work on my phone with the stock keyboard, but maybe its because its the mobile site (which I strongly dislike)

Just now, iamdarkyoshi said:

I cant get it to work on my phone with the stock keyboard, but maybe its because its the mobile site (which I strongly dislike)

I'm using the desktop site on my tablet.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

I'm using the desktop site on my tablet.

Weird. Lemme download hackers keyboard and see if it works on the mobile site.

Edit: works fine on my phone using hacker's keyboard.

It seems like the site is looking for a desktop keyboard's backspace keypress, which hacker's keyboard emulates.

The quotes issue will be fixed next time we update the site. And no, it is not possible to fix it now or to accelerate the update.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

The quotes issue will be fixed next time we update the site. And no, it is not possible to fix it now or to accelerate the update.

Seems like the "fix" is to use hacker's keyboard on android, it seems to be able to delete quotes on both the mobile and desktop sites without any issues. Switched to the stock one and then I couldnt delete the quote, changed back to hacker's keyboard and I can delete it fine. So I guess for now, this could be a temporary fix. That and the keyboard is friggin' awesome.

Linked YouTube videos can't be deleted in the same way as quotes once they embed.

Linus is my fetish.

Just now, Bhav said:

Linked YouTube videos can't be deleted in the same way as quotes once they embed.

That is related to the issue with quotes. Unfortunately, because mobile devices don't actually send key press notifications, so figuring out whether you pressed backspace is complicated.

Having said that quotes will be fixed in the next update, I'm not so sure any more.

HTTP/2 203

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Just wondering if I should make a thread for this:

When I type @ and the follow it up with a name, it doesn't actually do anything until my 4th or 5th attempt. I'll stop doing this when it works.

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis

@colonel_mortis <-----this one didn't until I hit backspace.

Happens in all browsers on several PCs.

I've found kinda fix to it which works 90% of times when it doesn't start to load list right a way. Press spacebar right after @. Then backspace it and try again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I've found kinda fix to it which works 90% of times when it doesn't start to load list right a way. Press spacebar right after @. Then backspace it and try again.

The hardest bugs to fix are the ones that dont always behave the same >:( 

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

The hardest bugs to fix are the ones that dont always behave the same >:( 

And this is one that has been bugging me since beta. Its hard to complain when @colonel_mortis @colonel_mortis doesn't get it. At all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

And this is one that has been bugging me since beta. Its hard to complain when @colonel_mortis @colonel_mortis doesn't get it. At all.

I used to. It has stopped happening for me though. I am using an alpha firefox build, though I wasn't able to reproduce it when I briefly used the release version to test this issue.

HTTP/2 203

18 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I used to. It has stopped happening for me though. I am using an alpha firefox build, though I wasn't able to reproduce it when I briefly used the release version to test this issue.

It's pretty consistently fine on firefox at home, at work it isn't. Can't really record that though :\.

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2016 at 9:59 PM, givingtnt said:

its been 2 months. and the forum is still a mess. I mean, the nav looks terrible ! 

nothing is aligned the proper way.

can we have the member titles back ? 

can the typing aeras be boxes instead of guesses ?

Mod Edit: If you have a specific issue, PLEASE post a thread in bugs about it. Your bug can't be fixed if we don't know about it, so please report any issues you come across rather than just complaining that we haven't fixed it.

I know I'm a little late to this party but I just want to give some explanation. The design sucks right now. Anybody with eyes can see that. But it's our first iteration. I've been working on some huge back and front end updates that address tons of the complaints we've been getting. We'll have some news on that soon.

On 7-3-2016 at 7:11 PM, colonel_mortis said:

Are you sure it's happening in all browsers? I can't reproduce it in Firefox or Chrome in Windows 10.

i can reproduce it on OSX 10.10 chrome and windows 10 chrome :)

wait was it fixed? now it works every time (currently at school so on my OSX 10.10 chrome machine)

48 minutes ago, mikat said:

i can reproduce it on OSX 10.10 chrome and windows 10 chrome :)

wait was it fixed? now it works every time (currently at school so on my OSX 10.10 chrome machine)

No, it's just really inconsistent and hard to reproduce. 

HTTP/2 203

I find it hard to believe that it'd be difficult to add back member titles, considering you removed them in the first place. Unless you REALLY removed them, it would be as simple as adding the code back to the template file.  

27 minutes ago, pspfreak said:

I find it hard to believe that it'd be difficult to add back member titles, considering you removed them in the first place. Unless you REALLY removed them, it would be as simple as adding the code back to the template file.  

They aren't really removed. They just don't show in post area.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, pspfreak said:

But there are more pressing issues. Look in my signature, I have a temporary fix

On 3/7/2016 at 11:26 PM, Maybach123 said:

has it really been two months since they updated the forum 

thats actually kinda nice. I didn't knew you could add a space under the location (I though it just removed it)

fix for now I guess :)

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

9 minutes ago, givingtnt said:

thats actually kinda nice. I didn't knew you could add a space under the location (I though it just removed it)

fix for now I guess :)

Its a unicode space, so it doesn't remove it. It removes normal spaces though.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

4 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Its a unicode space, so it doesn't remove it. It removes normal spaces though.

It only works on normal zooms though. For me it looks f'd up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

19 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It only works on normal zooms though. For me it looks f'd up.

weird, for me, in chrome, if I zoom in and out (im usually at 110%) its fine

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004