Outemu blues, how good are they?

Godospartan

Khail are the widest best known clones, which, i believe are just like cherry except for the material of the spring, and the housing. Ive heard razers are khail-esque, and theres others i dont know....

I recently looked at some 90 buck corsair clones, and they are outemu blues, and im too afraid to get the logitech 710 blues due to keys breaking. I want a good keyboard with either good or no programming (dont want bad at all) cherry blue style mech. Gamdias is my current choice but im looking at alternatives.

So... Question stands. How do outemus hold up?

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00A378L4C

i have one of these and I feel comfortable recommending them. it has impressively bright backlighting partly due to the blue metal backplate and you can adjust the brightness but not too many lighting modes.

all the keys feel really consistent and tactile unlike kailh blue keys where how the keys feel may vary even on the same keyboard

i dont have much experience with other mechanical keys though

Outemu blues are excellent.  Longevity we will find out, but the newer batches are crisp, deep, loud, more tactile than Cherry, and the consistency / ping issues have been mostly solved.  Same goes for Gateron click switches.  Gateron > Outemu > Cherry in terms of clicky/tactile switches.  Gateron > Cherry > Outemu in terms of linear switches.

7 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

http://www.amazon.com/CM-Storm-QuickFire-TK-Mechanical/dp/B00A378L4C

i have one of these and I feel comfortable recommending them. it has impressively bright backlighting partly due to the blue metal backplate and you can adjust the brightness but not too many lighting modes.

all the keys feel really consistent and tactile unlike kailh blue keys where how the keys feel may vary even on the same keyboard

i dont have much experience with other mechanical keys though

Shoulda also said full keyboard... Lol

5 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Outemu blues are excellent.  Longevity we will find out, but the newer batches are crisp, deep, loud, more tactile than Cherry, and the consistency / ping issues have been mostly solved.  Same goes for Gateron click switches.  Gateron > Outemu > Cherry in terms of clicky/tactile switches.  Gateron > Cherry > Outemu in terms of linear switches.

So, any good cheap gaterons you can reccomend a loook at? I was lookin at redragons indrah

Current Rig: Case: Coolermaster MasterBox 5 Mid-tower. CPU: Core I5-6600K. GPU: Nvidia GTX GeForce 1070 Founders Edition. Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P. RAM: Geil GA4 style 8GB 2400 x2 for 16GB total. SSD: Sandisk SD8SBAT-128G-1122 Z400. HDD: Toshiba 1TB Hard Drive

Current PeripheralsKeyboard: Logitech G710 Blue Edition. Mouse: Logitech G600 MMO Mouse @ Logitech M570 Trackball. Headphones: Philips SHP9500's. Mic: V-Moda Boom Pro. Monitors: a Dell 1440x900 cheapo and an RCA 32 inch 1080p tv. Webcam: Logitech C920

No Gateron boards I can recommend, as most of the time they're bought as individual switches or they are on massdrop, which is all about group buys and takes a few months to get.  The keyboard that Spartaman linked is also an excellent keyboard, and even though it isn't a -full- size - it is still excellent for the money, incredible build quality, lighting, and a unique form-factor I wish I could have in more options.

9 minutes ago, Godospartan said:

Shoulda also said full keyboard... Lol

So, any good cheap gaterons you can reccomend a loook at? I was lookin at redragons indrah

you get the functionality of a full keyboard though you do have to toggle between the number pad and the other keys which i guess can be a bit annoying but i havent had a problem with it

8 minutes ago, SurvivorNVL said:

No Gateron boards I can recommend, as most of the time they're bought as individual switches or they are on massdrop, which is all about group buys and takes a few months to get.  The keyboard that Spartaman linked is also an excellent keyboard, and even though it isn't a -full- size - it is still excellent for the money, incredible build quality, lighting, and a unique form-factor I wish I could have in more options.

Well as great as the cm is, id prefer the trigger z than that one. But im mostly looking for options, cause i dont want keys, caps, or software troubles. With clones the keys sometimes fail, the g710s caps have an issue, and corsair and razer software oi...

5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

you get the functionality of a full keyboard though you do have to toggle between the number pad and the other keys which i guess can be a bit annoying but i havent had a problem with it

True, but id rather have all keys instead of switching modes, you know?

Just now, Godospartan said:

True, but id rather have all keys instead of switching modes, you know?

yes i understand if you click on the bar that says large it would show the full sized version of the keyboard

Ok, found something interesting. The new redragon yama houses outemu... Purples?

14 hours ago, Godospartan said:

With clones the keys sometimes fail, the g710s caps have an issue, and corsair and razer software oi...

You're steadily justifying purchasing a Ducky.

Also the G710 doesn't have breaking keycaps since the end of 2014. They fixed it over a year ago. Look at the age of your reviews/complaints on it.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

On 3/8/2016 at 3:51 AM, Godospartan said:

Well as great as the cm is, id prefer the trigger z than that one. But im mostly looking for options, cause i dont want keys, caps, or software troubles. With clones the keys sometimes fail, the g710s caps have an issue, and corsair and razer software oi...

i've owned a keyboard with gateron reds and a keyboard with outemu blacks , both keyboards are great and i have no complaints .

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

Sigh.

The best clone blue switch are Greentech KBTalking blue switches (as on the MK Disco RGB Blue).  They are MUCH better than Outemu blues.

Outemu blues have the switch ACTIVATION point just below the click/tactile point, while KBT and Cherry MX blues have the click/tactile point EXACTLY on the switch activation point when pressing downwards, but the electrical release point of the switch is before the tactile/click release point (hysteresis).  Since the click/bump is BEFORE the electrical activation on Outemu blues, unlike Cherry MX and KBT/greentech blues, this makes the Outemu switch feel very cheap.

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to ask are there any people who are still using outemu switches? For how long have you been using them? I think to buy the REDRAGON Vara K551B, it is with Outemu blues, but I am not sure about their durability.. Can anybody help? I really want a mechanical keyboard but I don't really have the money for cherry mx ones.

If you want full size with gateron blues, enjoy (only in white though).

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I didn't understand you, I am not an expert yet :D..

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2016 at 2:30 AM, Falkentyne said:

Sigh.

The best clone blue switch are Greentech KBTalking blue switches (as on the MK Disco RGB Blue).  They are MUCH better than Outemu blues.

Outemu blues have the switch ACTIVATION point just below the click/tactile point, while KBT and Cherry MX blues have the click/tactile point EXACTLY on the switch activation point when pressing downwards, but the electrical release point of the switch is before the tactile/click release point (hysteresis).  Since the click/bump is BEFORE the electrical activation on Outemu blues, unlike Cherry MX and KBT/greentech blues, this makes the Outemu switch feel very cheap.

Registered just to debunk this claim. I am using Aukey KM G8 with Outemu Blue and they activate, click and ease resistance up (bump) exactly in the same moment.

I also have Cherry MX Blue and Outemu Blue feel better. They also hold the keycaps more stable and are completely compatible with standard MX caps.

What is their only downside - is that you can't use Orings with them. Sure, Oring on the cap will work - however since the hole in the basement is not round, but rectangular, the ring will not connect to switch housing on pressing down. Fortunately, nobody actually needs orings with outemu, because they sound lower-pitched (aka awesome).

I use tactiles so I can't comment on clicky switches but from what I've experienced both Gateron and Khail(their new lines of products, their older stuff sucks) are superior to Outemu and Cherry.

Zealios reign supreme though.

• 1 year later...

I am currently using Redragon K552 RGB Keyboard with Outemu blues, and I have to say they are not bad for clone Cherry MX Blue. I like the clicky and tactile feedback.

Basically they are like cherry blues but L O U D E R 

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

1 hour ago, Emanbaird said:

Basically they are like cherry blues but L O U D E R 

Less tactile and less consistent like on switch will sound different from the other I own a board with outemu blues and own another board with cherries

Honestly; unless you're some pro typist or keyboard expert that often uses several different keyboards like say Linus or some other tech youtuber...

You probably can't tell the difference between outemu blue and cherry blue. Ages back cherry's patents and manufacturing methods all went public; Outemu, Kailh, and many other companies now just blatantly copy cherry as much as they can... To the point again unless you're some sort of expert any perceived difference is likely a placebo. Even Cherry with all their expertise still has batch to batch and even switch to switch variance; in the keyboard I'm using right now; the Gskill  ripjaws km570 RGB w/ Cherry MX speeds. Some switches still feel slightly different than others even in this one keyboard; That's either placebo or variance. Same could be said when comparing much larger samples of switches from either company. 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

The best blue switches I've ever used were made by Switch Master on a $30 Amazon board. I only stopped using that board recently because my boss mentioned being able to hear me typing on a conference call despite my having switched over to using a headset. That was my hint, but I still have the board and don't plan to part ways with it anytime soon.

I used a board with Outemu blues for a long time as well. I liked them a lot. They were definitely quieter than the Switch Master blues, but they just didn't have the same feel up to and through the click. Just a matter of personal preference and which I used first, honestly. Both were very good and I'd buy a board with either over paying the Cherry premium.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hypnotoad's RAM is dying, his motherboard is acting like the 6-year-old AsRock it is, a couple of SATA ports have just stopped working, but the RGB remains. The RGB always remains. Hypnotoad lives. All glory to the Hypnotoad.

I'm very happy with my Gamdias board. I've tried the other models and I would have no complaints against them. Don't stress about Kailh and Gateron. Both are great, and some of their switches are definitely better than the Cherry alternative. Don't buy into hype 

That's an F in the profile pic