My First PC Build

KillerKangaroo

Just having some disagreeing notions. I'm also a bit confused as to what he's saying like 'being on a forum for 7 years'?

Me: 

s_526469_517f415a85f17.jpg

I would like an explanation from the guy. The things he's saying are...confusing.

Lol.....I don't know. Maybe he thinks he knows you.

Thanks! Though adding the 4GB Card in SLI won't help right? I already ordered 1 2GB, and I was thinking of going SLI with a 4GB one. I might go for 12GB RAM, though this is purely for gaming. Maybe just more extra measure. I'll probably go for Windows 8.

No, I don't think you can put a 2GB and a 4GB card together. I'm 100% sure though.

Specs: | NZXT Phantom 410 | AMD FX 8350 | Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Seagate 2TB & 1TB 7200RPM | Corsair Neutron 240GB | Corsair HX850 | Windows 7 64-Bit | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Razer Deathadder 2012 | Dell 17" & ASUS 21.5" x2 Monitors | Blue Snowball | Audiotechnica M30X | 

No, I don't think you can put a 2GB and a 4GB card together. I'm 100% sure though.

You might want to take that back. A 2GB and 4GB card will work together even though it would only be effectively 2GB vram.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So you're sure it won't work?

You might want to take that back. A 2GB and 4GB card will work together even though it would only be effectively 2GB vram.

So...there's no point in getting the 4GB version for SLI, if i have the 2GB version?

So you're sure it won't work?

So...there's no point in getting the 4GB version for SLI, if i have the 2GB version?

It would work but there's no point as only 2GB + 2GB would be usable. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It would work but there's no point as only 2GB + 2GB would be usable. 

Thanks for clarifying!

Like I said, "I'm not a 100% sure"... 

Specs: | NZXT Phantom 410 | AMD FX 8350 | Cooler Master 212 Hyper EVO | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 | EVGA GTX 670 FTW+ SLI | Corsair Vengeance 16GB | Seagate 2TB & 1TB 7200RPM | Corsair Neutron 240GB | Corsair HX850 | Windows 7 64-Bit | Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 | Razer Deathadder 2012 | Dell 17" & ASUS 21.5" x2 Monitors | Blue Snowball | Audiotechnica M30X | 

Like I said, "I'm not a 100% sure"... 

You said "I'm 100% sure"

You said "I'm 100% sure"

Ahh miss spelling, my bad