Headphone recommendation? -Details Inside

NinjaStyle013

Ok so I've decided that a headset isn't for me even though having the mic on it saves me hassle, I've seen too many people going against headsets or more specifically cheap headsets which is unfortunately my range...

So I'm coming to you, the wise gods of all things ear and sound with a proposal...

I'm looking for a headset with the following. Closed design (Unless there's some secret open or part open headphones that are nice), good on bass (Am a bass guy) and have some sort of surround sound setup all wrapped up in a slick design. They don't need to be audiophile maximum quality, for reference I'm using Marley Smile Jamaica in ears and I think they're great so yeah, match or beat that quality.

The reason I'm wanting closed and surround sound is because I am considering getting a Rift when it comes out and they would double the immersion (literally double it by tricking my ears too). It's actually more because my parents won't want to hear me but if you are able to find a headset that can offer good bass and still let me hear my surrounding world that'd be epic but isn't optimal for Rift obviously.

My budget is also hard as it is 80 NZD. I won't budge on that unless you say these headphones are absolutely worth the increase. I'm not a big audiophile so yeah. Wouldn't go over 100.

You can use http://pricespy.co.nz/ to find good deals.

Can't find them either. Don't really like the styling too... They do look comfy though.

exactly oval shape cups, nice padding, great strong bass, great surround, closed.

if you want max comfort you can put on beyerdynamic velour pads. any store that sells headphones can provide them for 25 bucks or so. thats an option.

about the looks... for 50 bucks, you wont get any better. nor for another 70 additional ones :)

but if you care about looks... i cant help you :P

Those are half my budget... You sure I can't get better or is that already perfect for my needs?

creative fatality are 75 bucks, man thats steep.  they have great padding. great bass also.

i will try to find sony ones

creative fatality are 75 bucks, man thats steep.  they have great padding. great bass also.

i will try to find sony ones

No. I detest any product that has "Fat1ity" on it as being high quality. It's all marketing fluff and nothing more. Bass isn't a proper measure either. Bass is nice, but not when it's overpowered muddy bass.

No. I detest any product that has "Fat1ity" on it as being high quality. It's all marketing fluff and nothing more. Bass isn't a proper measure either. Bass is nice, but not when it's overpowered muddy bass.

Yea i know :/ But i cant find any sub 100 headphones or headsets for his needs. note this headphones sell for 30 bucks elsewhere haha. Platronics 780s are also like 120 bucks. 

If he could somehow get shipped panasonic htf600 to NZ, it would cost him sub 100, covering all his needs.

Really good bassy headphones are not in your price range. You are going to have to find a pair of headphones and EQ them to get the bass you want. Unfortunatly, I don't have any experience in your price range...@h264 @ShearMe

Yea i know :/ But i cant find any sub 100 headphones or headsets for his needs. note this headphones sell for 30 bucks elsewhere haha. Platronics 780s are also like 120 bucks. 

If he could somehow get shipped panasonic htf600 to NZ, it would cost him sub 100, covering all his needs.

I know, it's hard to recommend goods when someone lives in a country that has bad inflation on certain products. :ph34r:

I know, it's hard to recommend goods when someone lives in a country that has bad inflation on certain products. :ph34r:

By certain products you mean everything computer related. We only escape on crap like Apple gear and big name brand stuff because they make the price the same around the world.

Could be Aussie and have the cars taxed ridiculously.

What about Sennheiser H201? Comfy, cheap, not to bad sound (not to great also hahaah), and amazing price 32 bucks. This price is amazing for NZ.

Can't go wrong with a nice pair of Sennheisers.

What about Sennheiser H201? Comfy, cheap, not to bad sound (not to great also hahaah), and amazing price 32 bucks. This price is amazing for NZ.

Is there really that much of a gap? Either sub 50 or over 100?

Crazy man... I do like the sennheisers...

Can't go wrong with a nice pair of Sennheisers.

for 32$ in new zeland... i doubt anything comes close :D

however i would suggest ninja to go to any near hardware or audio store and check out prices and headphones. i mean if there is in your town anything. 

Is there really that much of a gap? Either sub 50 or over 100?

Crazy man... I do like the sennheisers...

Huge gap, twice the price of headphones down there you live. 

Yea, but dont put too much hopes in 201s... the price is right tho. 32 bucks is 2 bucks more expensive than regular price in the west. so if i am searching for sub 100 headphones in new zeland, i have to search for those who are sub 50 in west :P

however i seen some Sonys mdr v55 for 99 bucks

edit:  i have gone through 50 - 100 range of headphone list on the site, and the only decent headset i found was ttesports shock for 74 dollars. 

Those are half my budget... You sure I can't get better or is that already perfect for my needs?

Anything Audio-Technica IMHO.

I have M-50's and I doubt I'll ever buy another pair of headphones again (maybe replacements).

Can't recommend Audio-Technica enough.

If you can stretch your budget, then you won't regret buying M-50s.

I have M-50's and I doubt I'll ever buy another pair of headphones again (maybe replacements).

Funny you say that because I'm looking at the ATH-750 headset and it looks epic and I'm hoping its gunna sound the same.

Guys honestly waive the surround crap, focus on good bassy headphones that look nice at 80 bucks.

Funny you say that because I'm looking at the ATH-750 headset and it looks epic and I'm hoping its gunna sound the same.

Guys honestly waive the surround crap, focus on good bassy headphones that look nice at 80 bucks.

DO IT!

If their surround sound and bass capabilities are anything like the M-50's, you won't be dissapointed :)

DO IT!

If their surround sound and bass capabilities are anything like the M-50's, you won't be dissapointed :)

Oh god, there's so many headsets around the 60 to 80 mark though but these do look friggin epic

Spot on, its a very hard decision though because the next step up is around the $150-160 mark for M50's.

If your lucky you might be able to find some ATH WS33x's (classified as solid bass headphones) somewhere they retail for $89 aus so that's pretty close to $100 nz

Corsair 350D - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Intel 3770K @ 4.6Ghz - Corsair H100i - G-skill Trident X 2666Mhz 4x4Gb - 2 x EVGA GTX 680 Classified 4Gb @ 1250Mhz - Corsair 860i - 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 240GB (Raid 0)

Oh god, there's so many headsets around the 60 to 80 mark though but these do look friggin epic

Haha. That's very true. It's up to you at the end of the day.

All I can say is that my experience with AT has been nothing but fantastic.

Awesome sound quality, great build quality and extremely comfortable. (I have 4-5 hour sessions with them on without any discomfort) :)

Haha. That's very true. It's up to you at the end of the day.

All I can say is that my experience with AT has been nothing but fantastic.

Awesome sound quality, great build quality and extremely comfortable. (I have 4-5 hour sessions with them on without any discomfort) :)

Wait a second... The thing screwed up the picture... They aren't the ones pictured. They ones pictured are AT but I can't read the name...

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1593428

I love the look though.

Spot on, its a very hard decision though because the next step up is around the $150-160 mark for M50's.

If your lucky you might be able to find some ATH WS33x's somewhere they retail for $89 aus so that's pretty close to $100 nz

Yea that is the only problem.

I picked mine up for £100 (157USD today) off of ebay (never out of the box) :D

Wait a second... The thing screwed up the picture... They aren't the ones pictured. They ones pictured are AT but I can't read the name...

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=1593428

I love the look though.

That link sent me to some plantronics headphones, with the correct picture, lol.

I'd have a browse of the AT website. They have pictures of all their headphones, and you'll be able to find which ones you saw :P