Maximus VI Formula - where to buy

LinusTech

NCIX: http://ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=maximus+VI+formula

Amazon: http://geni.us/enYFRz

The Maximus VI Formula is the highest end board that I'd consider somewhat justifiable. The value-add features (802.11AC, better onboard ethernet, better onboard sound) are things that you'd actually have to pay more and put in add-in cards to acheive with a less expensive board. It also looks awesome, and since it's RoG the reliability should be top notch.

With that said, the option of buying a cheaper board, and getting add-in cards can make a lot of sense for frequent upgraders as well since you can carry those components forward to future builds and it's difficult to do the same thing with a motherboard.

the video is still in private. can you unprivate it?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

the video is still in private. can you unprivate it?

Might be scheduled for 1AM or something.

edit:

With that said, the option of buying a cheaper board, and getting add-in cards can make a lot of sense for frequent upgraders as well since you can carry those components forward to future builds and it's difficult to do the same thing with a motherboard.

I figure eATX should be made for a lot of add-in cards and mITX should have everything crammed/built in

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ^_^

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

Why are the videos always private and damn that back plate is sexy.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Dat backplate  :o

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

Video is private cause Linus pre-films his videos, and publicizes his videos on certain dates.

Beautiful Motherboard indeed, and that thermal shield is extremely sturdy!

Got one for a WC build its awesome board,,,

See my build in my signature

PC Gaming forever...

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB