2x R7 240s VS R7 260x

MoonlightSylv

I wanted to get a second R7 240 with $40 that I have and I want to know if it's as good as a 260x (not in price to performance)

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

it seems that even if the performance were to perfectly double if you crossfired, they still wouldnt beat a 260X's firestrike score.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

honestly its not worth it putting that in crossfire would probably be worse and cause more issues id save up for a 270x or higher

260X all the way. It's better to go with a single high performance gpu option than crossfire/SLI 2 lesser card.

hell nah. the 260X beats those 2 any day, even the 260 non X is better

"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Just don't ever use multi gpu on anything but the top few cards (980ti/ 980 and the different furys)

Didn't Luke do a video about how much the r7 240 sucked? (Low end cards in general)..... Save up and get the highest card you can get. Consider buying used.