Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlbinoTexan

question about steam refund

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

so once i make a refund request, if i play the game after i make and then i go over 2 hours will they only see the time of play at the time i made the refund request? or will it get denied for being over 2 hours

 


"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

so once i make a refund request, if i play the game after i make and then i go over 2 hours will they only see the time of play at the time i made the refund request? or will it get denied for being over 2 hours

 

If you still want to play it then don't refund. 

To answer your question though, Probably.

 

I don't think they'd be to happy to see you request a refund and then go back to playing the game right after. 


8700k @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - GTX 1080ti - Corsair RMx850 - 2x 256gb 970Pro NVMe  - 16GB HyperX Black DDR4 - Acer 24" 240hz

Logitech G502 - Logitech Orion - Sennheiser HD598 SE

SpeedTest.net result

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ShadyHost said:

If you still want to play it then don't refund. 

To answer your question though, Probably.

 

I don't think they'd be to happy to see you request a refund and then go back to playing the game right after. 

but it doesn't even seem like they read the refund or look it. seems more automated.  my last refund i typed mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for my reason and it still went through because i was under the 2 weeks and the 2 hours.


"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

but it doesn't even seem like they read the refund or look it. seems more automated.  my last refund i typed mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm for my reason and it still went through because i was under the 2 weeks and the 2 hours.

Well the automated system might reject it if you exceed 2 hours. 


8700k @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - GTX 1080ti - Corsair RMx850 - 2x 256gb 970Pro NVMe  - 16GB HyperX Black DDR4 - Acer 24" 240hz

Logitech G502 - Logitech Orion - Sennheiser HD598 SE

SpeedTest.net result

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never tried to refund on steam, but shouldn't steam just prevent you from even playing the game if you have an active Refund Request on it? I mean, that would make sense to me...


CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, ShadyHost said:

Well the automated system might reject it if you exceed 2 hours. 

i kinda feel like i should be the one to test it. but i do want the refund


"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

i kinda feel like i should be the one to test it. but i do want the refund

The guys at Valve are pretty smart. I don't think there's some kind of loophole. 


8700k @5.0Ghz - Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - GTX 1080ti - Corsair RMx850 - 2x 256gb 970Pro NVMe  - 16GB HyperX Black DDR4 - Acer 24" 240hz

Logitech G502 - Logitech Orion - Sennheiser HD598 SE

SpeedTest.net result

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

 

1 minute ago, ShadyHost said:

The guys at Valve are pretty smart. I don't think there's some kind of loophole. 

vavle smart i just loled 


"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlbinoTexan said:

 

vavle smart i just loled 

well they did get you to buy a game you didn't want :P


Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AlbinoTexan said:

 

vavle smart i just loled 

hmm...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Yoinkerman said:

well they did get you to buy a game you didn't want :P

eh its hitman absolution, i like it but i played it on PS3 when it came out and i was hoping for it to seem better on PC but meh, the controls were weird and just didn't want it anymore 


"Television brainwashing the youth"

"Politicians won't tell us the truth"

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't try it. When I got Rocket League after ~45 minutes I thought I didn't want it anymore (because I was garbage and mad) so I sent a refund request. While I waited for a response I kept playing -well past 2 hours- to messed around and my refund was denied.

 

Thankfully I got better and RL is my go-to waste time game lol


"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×